Help choosing a warband name

in Charr

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

Ok i need help, i need a warband name, and that name will be used with all of my charrs, because i want to make them all of the same warband.
The problem is, i need a warband that will be easy to attach other names to it, i wanted to go with “faith” warband, i came up with “faithmist” for my mesmer, but couldn’t come up with anything else for the other classes so i dropped it.

I want a “soft” warband name and something that will be easy attachable to other words.

Any idea?

in Charr

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

Given the Charr’s past history with gods, “Faith” seems like a poor choice. Other ideas: Diesel, Coal, Steam, Steel.

in Charr

tanf.8917

I’m looking for something less threatening while still staying true to the charr background

in Charr

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

I’m looking for something less threatening while still staying true to the charr background

That may be hard. Charr are easily the most threatening playable race. Let me think. Is “Coal” threatening? They probably make heavy use of it as a fuel source.

in Charr

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Hm, partially depends on Legion, though it might be nifty to have a multi-legion coalition as a character background~

Blood
Might, Thunder (my warband~), Power, War, Victor, March, Claw, Fang, Edge

Iron
Steel, Gear, Forge, Craft, Boom, Shell

Ash
Mist, Smoke, Black, Dark, Night, Whisper

Misc
Song, Flight, Guard

Mostly some generic ideas, but I hope it gets some thoughts going.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Charr

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Faith is an ok Warband name. The warband name is collectively chosen by all the members, as a way to describe them all, as one. For example, you could have the Faith Warband, if all the members have great faith in eachother and their abilities. Faith doesn’t necessarily have to relate to religion.

One other detail, just in-case you’re not aware. Your Warband name can be a suffix, which makes it a bit easier with picking a name you can put with your Warband name. However, all members share the placement of the Warband name. So you would have Faithmist, but you wouldn’t see another member of the same warband with Ironfaith for example, their name would be Faithiron instead, following the pattern.

If you’re still struggling with ideas for non/less threatening Warband names, that still relate to the Charr, heres a few suggestions.
Faith (Putting faith in the legions, in the warband, etc.) Examples: Faithmist, Ironfaith
Spirit (Relates to the Ascalonian Ghosts.) Examples: Spiritchaser, Silentspirit
Sky (The Searing came down upon Ascalon from the sky.) Examples: Skywatcher, Burntsky
Crystal (The Searing crystals, and the Dragonbrand.) Examples: Crystalfur, Hardcrystal
Shield (Protecting the legions, Ascalon, etc.) Examples: Shieldbarer, Thickshield

in Charr

Rauderi.8706

Maybe some other inspirations from the wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr

Names
Charr first names often have names based off of their culture (e.g., Pyre, Ember, Forge). Along with this male names are also sharp sounding with the consonants (e.g., using D, R, T, G, K, etc. used in names like Rytlock, Gron, Dinky) whereas female names are smoother (e.g., using C, L, S, Z, etc. such as names like Bathea, Kalla, Elexus); both genders often start with a sharp consonant though, but this is just generally and exceptions to this do exist. Some charr use Roman or Greek (inspired) names as well.

Charr surnames consist of two words put together, one of which (either suffix or prefix) denoting the warband of the individual (e.g., Rytlock Brimstone is of the Stone warband and Scylla Rustcloud of the Rust warband). Charr individuals generally get to pick variations of their surnames within the forming of their first warband which express their personality, ideals or history, though some limitations may apply.

Members of the same warband can also have their warband name in different order than other members of their warband, though this is rare – some examples include Lightbringer Swordshatter and Legionnaire Bloodsword of the Sword warband, and Vitus Silverpick of the Pick warband (where all other warband members have Pick as the prefix of their surnames).
[Edit: Rox was Rox Pickheart of the same band, before Living Story.]

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Charr

Posted by: Force Of The Divine.5437

Force Of The Divine.5437

My warband is the shield warband (dustshield, strongshield, boneshield)

If your looking for a soft name you could look for something more concept like such as nature related(Storm, dawn, gail, moon) or non material (Roar, bash) i think.

Most names can not be bound with all other prefixes so probaly depends on what the prefixes are.

in Charr

tanf.8917

Thanks everyone for the help.

After A LOT of thinking, i ended up coming up with the word Crimson as a warband name and i’m really happy with it. It’s one of the shades of the color red, so i found it to be both fitting and elegant (the warband will have only females).

I need something that will fit for a mesmer ( i came up with Crimsonshield for guard, Crimsonblade for war, Crimsonspell for ele/necro but i can’t come up with anything for a mesmer)

what do you think?

(edited by tanf.8917)

in Charr

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I think this is a grand idea, and I’ve done it with my own charr. I decided on the surname “Gore” for my Blood warband.

Nyoka Gorefell
Tionvrath Gorefall
Sezra Gorescourge
Thorn Gorecrow
Raigra Gorebutcher

At any rate… I suggest you think up a bunch of potential surnames, write them all down, and give yourself a week to think about it and play with combinations. It took me a long time to finally decide on Gore Warband, but that surname just felt right. Finding the “right” surname is incredibly satisfying.

For soft names… Faith, Hope, Proud, Light, Star, Hearth, Warm, Breeze, Summer… just off the top of my head.
For faith… hmm
A heavy could be “Faithsteel”, “Faithshield”, “Faithbreaker”, “Faithstrike”, ECT.
A medium… “Faithwarden”, “Faithcaller”, “Faithseeker”, “Faithcraft”, ECT.
A light… “Faithflame”, “Faithwraith”, “Faithblight”, “Faithstar”, ECT.

in Charr

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Thanks everyone for the help.

After A LOT of thinking, i ended up coming up with the word Crimson as a warband name and i’m really happy with it. It’s one of the shades of the color red, so i found it to be both fitting and elegant (the warband will have only females).

I need something that will fit for a mesmer ( i came up with Crimsonshield for guard, Crimsonblade for war, Crimsonspell for ele/necro but i can’t come up with anything for a mesmer)

what do you think?

Perhaps…. Crimsonsight, Crimsonsoul, Crimsongem, Crimsonchaos, Crimsonmyth

in Charr

Posted by: Force Of The Divine.5437

Force Of The Divine.5437

Crimsondance, Crimsondawn, Crimsonwisper.
Remember the name doesnt have to be linked to proffession but can also be because of characteristics. (Crimsongrin)

in Charr

Rauderi.8706

Crimsongrin… Sounds bloody.
I like it.

Many alts; handle it!