How does the charr warband work?

in Charr

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

For example warband A there like “family” right? so they incest there way to procreation and their kids would be another warband? and so on. will they really be focused only on their warband? or they could choose freely from different warbands.

another thing, given warband A has kids. does it mean that their kids will be automatically a warband or, some kids from warband A will be together with the kids with warband B and they would be another warband. if so. who will take care of them?

and if a female charr will be pregnant, what would they do to her? send her home or what?

haha so many questions. XD

Would it be cool to live forever?

in Charr

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Charr parents actually have very little to do with their children. Once the cubs are weaned (not quite sure how long that takes), the cubs are sent off to a fahrar, which is kind of like a community school/orphanage. The fahrar is managed by a Primus and his warband, and they oversee the care and training of all the cubs within the fahrar.

As they get older, the Primus organises the cubs into warbands based on how well individual cubs get along and according to their talents, although sometimes the cubs start forming their own bonds before that.

The parents may keep tabs on their children now and again, but for the most part once they are given to the fahrar, Charr parents have nothing more to do with their children’s lives. Likewise, while Charr cubs may take pride in (or feel shame about) their parent’s accomplishments, a cub is free to make their own name and reputation without wider society judging them for their heritage. Charr society is remarkably meritocratic.

I’m not sure how often children are conceived within warbands, but it seems that most Charr cubs are born from brief flings and passionate liaisons between Charr adults. They meet, they procreate, and then they separate once the cubs are old enough to be sent to the fahrar. Long-term relationships between Charr are exceedingly rare.

in Charr

Zygomaticus.7469

Charr parents actually have very little to do with their children. Once the cubs are weaned (not quite sure how long that takes), the cubs are sent off to a fahrar, which is kind of like a community school/orphanage. The fahrar is managed by a Primus and his warband, and they oversee the care and training of all the cubs within the fahrar.

As they get older, the Primus organises the cubs into warbands based on how well individual cubs get along and according to their talents, although sometimes the cubs start forming their own bonds before that.

The parents may keep tabs on their children now and again, but for the most part once they are given to the fahrar, Charr parents have nothing more to do with their children’s lives. Likewise, while Charr cubs may take pride in (or feel shame about) their parent’s accomplishments, a cub is free to make their own name and reputation without wider society judging them for their heritage. Charr society is remarkably meritocratic.

I’m not sure how often children are conceived within warbands, but it seems that most Charr cubs are born from brief flings and passionate liaisons between Charr adults. They meet, they procreate, and then they separate once the cubs are old enough to be sent to the fahrar. Long-term relationships between Charr are exceedingly rare.

Everytime I have questions you are always the one who answers Zaxares hahah thank you for the information. I’m reading Sea of Sorrows. done with the Ascalon and destiny. I’ve noticed there’s always something with Human and Charr, so I got interested how the charr works. hehe thanks!

in Charr

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I do my best. -tips hat-

in Charr

Zygomaticus.7469

oh now I see it! scanned pages of the 2 books. hmm i guess i was not paying too much attention until the questions hit me. haha