I Made a Charr!

I Made a Charr!

in Charr

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

My first character was a Sylvari Mesmer and now that he’s almost 80, I’ve already started my next character, which is a charr warrior. I wanted to make a character that I felt would be the exact opposite of what I played before, a warrior charr sounded much different than a mesmer sylvari haha.

I think the charr is tied with the sylvari as my favorite race, I really like how everything in their community is treated like the military, sometimes Guild Wars 2 humor can be a little distracting, but I find it the funniest with the charr. Seeing a race with such a threatening image go out of character actually made me laugh a few times.

A friend told me that the charr and asura are the two least played classes, which I was kinda surprised about. I found both of them to be more entertaining than the human or norm. Granted the human and norn models are good, I just never play the human race in an MMO haha.

I Made a Charr!

in Charr

Posted by: Flamfloz.6732

Flamfloz.6732

Charr storyline is pretty good IMHO, only topped by Asura dialogues and goofiness probably.
They are less lame and tame than humans and sylvaris. Norns are a bit bland.

I Made a Charr!

in Charr

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

I agree. The Charr have the best stories by far, and the Asura have the best flavor in their dialogs by far. They’re my top two favorite races. I made one of every race just try them out, and if I wasn’t so far into my alts as I am, I would delete them and restart them all as Asura and Charr. Humans and Sylvari are just… -sigh- and the Norn really are kinda bleh.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

I Made a Charr!

in Charr

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

I agree, but I really love the Sylvari voice acting. It just feels so much more full of emotion compared to the other races. (not always true, but yeah)

The Legion Calls

I Made a Charr!

in Charr

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I agree. The Charr have the best stories by far, and the Asura have the best flavor in their dialogs by far. They’re my top two favorite races. I made one of every race just try them out, and if I wasn’t so far into my alts as I am, I would delete them and restart them all as Asura and Charr. Humans and Sylvari are just… -sigh- and the Norn really are kinda bleh.

I agree, I was originally kinda meh about the Asura, but I love how they’re really sarcastic and egotistical about their own intellect haha.

The Sylvari I actually like, their starter area is gorgeous and the race themselves are pretty creative. They feel the most alien-like in that they will openly point out problems to someone’s face because they haven’t grasped the concept of human feelings to a certain degree.

The Norn is probably my least favorite, I can see why people like them, but I always lean towards the Charr. Sure, the Norn are probably stronger, but the Charr are more threatening to me, their culture is also more interesting. Maybe because I like war movies, but it was just interested me more than being an over sized alcoholic human haha.

I Made a Charr!

in Charr

Posted by: Apparition.1576

Apparition.1576

“but the Charr are more threatening to me”

kitten right we are!

One day.. all of you shall submit to the Flame Legion…. to me… I AM BLADABOS