I dont see too many Charr thieves

in Charr

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Where are they?

Maybe I’ll make a gigantic charr thief, maxed out in size, and craft The Dreamer for him. I would be an instant legend.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in Charr

Posted by: Iknakh.1970

Iknakh.1970

I have a level 80 Charr thief who is my main. He’s at max size, which can make the camera go crazy in tight areas, but I’ve always believed that Charr should be big and imposing. I highly recommend playing through the game as one!

in Charr

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Don’t play mine very much – I think she’s only around level 25.

in Charr

Posted by: WildFang.7190

WildFang.7190

Here’s mine (:3

Lvl80 Female charr thief

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Charr thieves can’t really dress like Altair so people don’t pick them. It’s kinda bad though because I like charr thieves.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Charr

Posted by: Twistystix.4856

Twistystix.4856

I have a charr thief as well. She’s pretty low level, but she’d getting there. I find that it’s kinda hard to level charr, because of the way the heart quests ’n all are spread.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

I have a lvl80 charr thief who’s the second character I’ve created for the game. His name is Omaroch, and he’s a proud member of the Ash Legion and Durmand Priory, ready to explore the unknown.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I’m still leveling mine. It was hard for me to get into the thief.

in Charr

Posted by: Val The Sorceress.2361

Val The Sorceress.2361

Here is mine, Grimfang, in his latest outfit.(Obvious hinting at his loyalties within the Charr legions aswell )
(I know there’s clipping, but there’s only so much a Charr player can do in this game and I was really getting fed up looking like everyone else.
He’s tallest build and very muscular.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I find that it’s kinda hard to level charr, because of the way the heart quests ’n all are spread.

It should be easier to level, since you can lay waste to all in your path.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Charr

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Don’t Charr (and Asura, maybe?) thieves lose the nifty little shadow-step animation when dodging? That could be part of it.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things its a minor thing and all, but its still a neat class-specific detail that you lose out on.

in Charr

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

I have created a charr female thief three times, but each time she got deleted cuz’ I ended up not liking how I named her :P Next time that I’m going to create a thief (after completing the stories of all races, including my main charr engineer :P), it’s definitely will be a female charr with white skin and black stripes, it gives an impression of a white tiger awaiting to strike. On the bright side, voice acting of a female charr is so fearsome and brutal…Just awesome.
tl;dr; I love charr. Ferocity-aligned female charr thief is surely a character I’d like to play.

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

in Charr

Posted by: Val The Sorceress.2361

Val The Sorceress.2361

Don’t Charr (and Asura, maybe?) thieves lose the nifty little shadow-step animation when dodging? That could be part of it.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things its a minor thing and all, but its still a neat class-specific detail that you lose out on.

No they don’t, they don’t lose out on anything, aside from a wider array of goodlooking armors.

in Charr

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

The rarest ones are the females believe it or not.

Pineapples

in Charr

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

No they don’t, they don’t lose out on anything, aside from a wider array of goodlooking armors.

Hmm. Perhaps its just Asura that do, then. I know I remember reading that some race doesn’t have it at some point. Or maybe its just been fixed since then.

in Charr

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

hmm…usually charr don’t fit the role of thieves because they are just a bit too big, even if u make them the smallest. But there’s nothing wrong with making a charr thief of course

in Charr

Posted by: Weissfeuer.7584

Weissfeuer.7584

…then what about the ash-legion? Basicly everyone there is a thief of some sorts, operating from the shadows, killing targets swift and silent

Anyway, here’s my Charr

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

Hmm. Perhaps its just Asura that do, then. I know I remember reading that some race doesn’t have it at some point. Or maybe its just been fixed since then.

It got fixed.

The Legion Calls

in Charr

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Around 2300 of about 3000 hours played . . .

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

My Thief is a Charr Her name is Tecta Shadeclaw and she’s still a baby, but she is another Thief!

in Charr

Dustfinger.9510

Also a baby. Felix Gutblade of the Blood Legion.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I have 2 of them actually, and the white one is female too ;-)

Attachments:

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Charr

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

Its kinda weird having a giant cat, one of the largest races in the game, try to go all ninja mode. However, I guess someone has to do the role. Charrs obviously wouldn’t exist without spies/assassins.

in Charr

Nay of the Ether.8913

Well it’s not so far off from canon. Think about it:

• We have stealth, which makes size irrelevant
  • Traps would be perfect for charr inventors to devise (I mean look at shrapnel mine racial skill)
  • Pistols are a charr invention (the concept behind them anyway, as are most firearms in the game)
  • There is a whole legion dedicated to subterfuge, spying and generally being sneaky (looking at you Ash)
  • Hidden Pistol…nuf said
  • Being feline in nature, charr possibly possess advanced reflexes like other felines and thus would make excellent thieves (even though in gameplay there is no difference. For the sake of argument we’ll ignore that)

in Charr

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

If you don’t see charr thieves, they are doing it right.

Honestly, the confusing ones are charr necromancers and/or elementalists. You’d think they’d have kicked those professions out for being almost linked to Flame Legion.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Charr

Dustfinger.9510

If you don’t see charr thieves, they are doing it right.

Honestly, the confusing ones are charr necromancers and/or elementalists. You’d think they’d have kicked those professions out for being almost linked to Flame Legion.

“The Flame Legion is condemned more for their worship of false gods and longtime oppression of the other legions than for the fact they have a preference for fireballs. The Flame Legion remains the most “magical” legion – that was their strength, and their overthrow in part has driven charr achievements in technology. But the charr always appreciate a fellow charr who can carry his or her own weight, and while they might mock an elementalist for his light armor, they appreciate the mobile artillery support that a timely meteor shower provides.”

http://www.onlinewelten.com/games/guild-wars-2/interviews/jeff-grubb-im-interview-zu-charr-7759/seite-3/

OP: each races grows up in their own societies, so their stealth isn’t compared to other races, it’s compared to other charr when they pick and train for their proffessions. The same way a smaller races like humans will still have warriors because every society is going to internally foster the benefit of warriors within that society.

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

in Charr

Posted by: Elan.7523

Elan.7523

http://imgur.com/a/ZYLF7

Charr Thief right here.

Yes, charr are big, but people forget they are also cat-like. Most cats STALK their prey. The only brute force part is when they actually get to the target and put it down. Otherwise, felines will stalk their prey, stay downwind to avoid detection, stay low to stay invisible, and otherwise sneak up on their prey. The only weird thing is CHarr being depicted as rough brutes. :P

in Charr

Posted by: peacocklady.1408

peacocklady.1408

Female thief, Bedlam Frostfury (no she’s not quite entirely white, but close) and she will be getting ascended daggers and yes (very eventually, because it takes a lot of work) Dreamer. She’s the smallest I could get her, except her horns.

Attachments:

(edited by peacocklady.1408)

in Charr

Nay of the Ether.8913

I’d like to point out that I was not following the “white female charr” fad when I made mine :P I made her at release, so if anything, everyone else copied me >.<

in Charr

Posted by: peacocklady.1408

peacocklady.1408

I wasn’t aware there was a fad… I just toyed around with the character creation for a long time and came up with something I really enjoy.

in Charr

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

Where are they?

Maybe I’ll make a gigantic charr thief, maxed out in size, and craft The Dreamer for him. I would be an instant legend.

I just recently made mine. idk why but i like playing a charr thief vs regular human thief. (deleted my human thief, was just sitting there at 20)

in Charr

Nay of the Ether.8913

I wasn’t aware there was a fad… I just toyed around with the character creation for a long time and came up with something I really enjoy.

Yeah wasn’t pointing you out, I was just reading a few threads earlier about how rampant white female charr are now and how it’s become a fad. Thought I would clarify before I got tossed into the “trend” group lol.

in Charr

Nay of the Ether.8913

Where are they?

I just recently made mine. idk why but i like playing a charr thief vs regular human thief. (deleted my human thief, was just sitting there at 20)

I can’t stomach playing humans at all. I have a human warrior that’s been stuck at 60 since a month after release. I just salvaged all his gear and let him run around naked with a fluffy pink helmet on and use him for goofy videos :p That’s about all they’re good for imo lolz

in Charr

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

All 8 of my characters are charr. 1 for every profession, and my Theif is a female. I love her to bits, although my Necro is my “main”, she holds up much better in sPvP. Shes not the sneaky-type theif as well. I use a P/D build, so lots of shadowstepping in and out, no need for stealth when you can just teleport out of range.

Attachments:

(edited by Argon.1563)

in Charr

Posted by: Alaran.4973

Alaran.4973

I’ve made my Charr Thief named: T’Challa Udaku.
Inspired by: Black Panther from Marvel.

Beacuse, once you go Black Panther you never go back.

in Charr

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Charr is only true Thief race in GW2 =)

Attachments:

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian