Jumping Puzzles and Char

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: FascistMuffin.2956

FascistMuffin.2956

I just cannot do jumping puzzles on char, and it’s making me so irrationally angry. I’ve been trying to do the Borderland Jumping puzzle for the last 30 minutes; I’m just not able to do it, at all, because the stupid char body clips in spots where other races would never dream of hitting in a million years.

I dislike jumping puzzles to begin with, but adding a char into the factor just makes me want to range uninstall this game. I can play SC2 at the diamond league, but I can’t jump in GW2…

/rant

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: igibi.4937

igibi.4937

Haven’t had any problems whilst jumping on charr,i guess either you can do it or you can’t.It is not that bad….

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: Lomaj.1726

Lomaj.1726

Funny thing that I’ve played to much charr that i can’t do jps with other races. :P

Look to those who walked before to lead those who walk after.
Proud charr guardian!

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’ve done pretty much all of the jumping puzzles with my charr. I have issues with my Ausra because I keep forgetting that I can make jumps that are twice my height with them.

That said, the camera issues causes massive troubles in places. The borderlands jumping puzzle is one such locale, causing me to walk off a rock because of the stupid hanging moss blocking my view.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

You ought to try it on a Norn who has the tallest setting possible. They’ve got it worse.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You ought to try it on a Norn who has the tallest setting possible. They’ve got it worse.

Charr are taller still. Not by much, but they are.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: Fatfox.4915

Fatfox.4915

Funny thing that I’ve played to much charr that i can’t do jps with other races. :P

Yeah I have that problem now as well, humans just jump so strangely in comparison to charr XD

I tend to make my charr on the smaller side to ease the problem a little, though the transition from the unsheathed weapon to pouncy pounce jumps tend to cause many falls.

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: Nihlus.9724

Nihlus.9724

I’ve done every single jumping puzzle in the game to date with my charr. For the most part, doing them as a charr isn’t too much of a detriment. If you have trouble with the running on all fours thing, you can occasionally attack with your weapon and you’ll run on your hind legs with your weapon out (This doesn’t work on the Mad King’s Clock Tower though, which forces you to run on all fours).

The only jumping puzzle that I feel is sufficiently harder as a charr is Troll’s End. Unless they’ve adjusted it since I did it originally, it is unfairly brutal. Some of the spaces are so tight that the camera just gives up. The camera will be inside your character, and it won’t offer any hint as far as his/her position and which way they are facing. You have to rely on the minimap and guessing to beat this as a charr. The game could really benefit from a first person camera mode.

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

Actually trolls end (yes, the 3rd version of it; thats the exceptionally narrow one) wasn’t even that hard for my main (an 80% height charr); once I figured out where to start, the only bad part was towards the end where the camera decided to completely stop functioning in any sensible manner, and ended up tilted 60 degrees to the floor; other than that, I was at least able to look down to figure out my position. The most frustrating one for me was the vista in the southwest of the eternal battleground, but that’s rather because of wonky collision from the tower extending further out than the model did. Once I figured out that’s what was causing me to continually miss the jump to the first narrow bit of wood sticking out, I got it in a couple tries.

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Charr are taller still. Not by much, but they are.

No they’re not.

Find a norn with the tallest setting on them and stand next to him, if you’re also a charr with the tallest setting on.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

No they’re not.

Find a norn with the tallest setting on them and stand next to him, if you’re also a charr with the tallest setting on.

Then stand up straight with a /salute and see how you tower over them.

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: Pietoro.2014

Pietoro.2014

It’s not simply height that can make puzzles trickier for Charr, but also the fact they run/land jumps on all fours and therefore it can be hard to judge where your character’s feet will land, especially on narrower platforms.

+Gaura Havocshot – Engineer
+Felzza – Elementalist
+Roienna – Guardian

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Just bringing this up, but Trolls end had a small ledge that you can jump on at the very end of the cave, allowing you to bypass all but one jump in the cave section. But yes, it is very clear that many puzzles are not done with the charr in mind, which oddly is exactly what they should be done and designed for over all other races considering their size.

And again, you should be used to the jumps by now, I have barely any problems with camera-char size relationship causing me to fail, and neither should you if main a charr.

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: FDL.2079

FDL.2079

i agree. i mean, i can EVENTUALLY do them if they’re in enclosed areas but it’s a kitten nightmare. so many jumps i can’t make simply because my character is literally invisible because the camera is zoomed right into him.

Jumping Puzzles and Char

in Charr

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I symphasize with the OP’s understandable rant. Jumping puzzles with a Charr are awful. If only because the camera freaks out at every little thing.

I’ve started to just transform into a plushie griffon whenever I need to do one. hahaha.