M. Charr warriors, weapon exp of 8 year olds.

in Charr

Posted by: Ragnas.6832

Ragnas.6832

So, you ever walked out of say, walmart, and a kid had a new plastic sword, and he’s spazzing out swinging it every which way?

It looked so familiar, when i saw it the other day, went to log on to my neglected charr warrior to play him, lo and behold.

Charr are supposed to be trained from cubs to fight with skill and ferocity….

supposed to be.

INSTEAD we get flailing and flopping of the sword. The ONLY skill that looks half decent is the Mainhand sword 2. The leaping strike. After that the charr goes seizure mode on his enemies.

I doubt it will ever change now, but Charr warrior was what I wanted to play since GW1… and now i gotta play a norn, and they arent that much better.

in Charr

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I’m glad someone besides me finally acknowledges this!

I’ve said, over and over, Charr using swords (mostly Greatswords) looks rather goofy. The way they swing it just doesn’t look strong, savage or well trained.

This is why I use Axes instead. They actually look very brutal and their spins look fast and balanced compared to other races using axes spinning like ballerinas.

in Charr

Posted by: Ragnas.6832

Ragnas.6832

Yeah the greatsword is the worst offender, I put alot of thought into what weapons My characters use, I tend to write backstories for them, and well if 3 to 4 of my characters are all using swords or axes, it ruins it. So axes were a no go.

in Charr

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Different strokes, I guess. I actually like the Sword animations a lot and the Greatsword animations are alright besides the wierd “half bend over backwards” 1st strike. Although my Charr who uses those two weapon types is a Ranger, and I have no idea if the animations are actually different between the professions.

Also, the Greatsword charge animation where you run on 3 legs while holding the sword in the 4th is awesome.

in Charr

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Also, the Greatsword charge animation where you run on 3 legs while holding the sword in the 4th is awesome.

Granted.

But to fulfill that, my Charr Warrior is a banner warrior and he does the 3-legged run when using its charge.

And yes, I believe the animations are different across different professions to a degree.

in Charr

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I do agree. The sword 1 attack isn’t the most graceful and composed thing ive ever seen.

What really creeps me out is the way the tail like jiggles about on the 1st and 2nd parts of the sword 1 chain.

in Charr

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I main a Charr Guardian, but I like the auto 1 animations pretty well, but I do wish there was a flashy spin move in one of the skills’ animations, and no I don’t mean the Tornado-like WhirlWind of #2 or #5. What I’m talking about is like a Norn Ranger’s Greatsword rushing leap attack (#3?) or I’ve seen some of the humans perform a similar technique. The #3 on a Charr Guardian GS looks awkward too. And #5 is just a copy of #2 with only one full rotation. At least make it a half rotation or something. Gesh.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Charr

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Claw weapons:
Skill 1: Brutal Slash. Brutal Bite. Brutal Kick.
Slash your foes with your sharp claws. Bite your foe, poisoning them for 1 sec. Kick your foe.

Skill 2: Savage Attack.
Repeatidly attack your foe with melee attacks, causing bleeding

Skill 3: Improvised Weapon.
Pick up a random weapon of the ground (bar / shovel / wooden stick) and break it on your foe’s head stunning them.

Skill 4: Legionares Call
Roar out to your fellow war band. Gain fury, might and Swiftness (short fury and might, reasonable swiftness)

Skill 5: CHARRGE!!!
Advance quickly toward your foe, performing a jumping slash on arrival.

Just an idea, made up moves on the spot. This could replace the GS or be a new skill

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Charr

Posted by: LordThroat.7890

LordThroat.7890

Pugilism, i love the sound of that.