Post here if you had enough of tail clipping.

in Charr

Posted by: Sandman.7019

Sandman.7019

yea id have to say tier 3 heavy for charr is one of the only armors that actually look good. like an earlier poster said, how can u be so lazy to add a new skin to the tail and leave tail clipping behind?

in Charr

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I would love to see arah heavy pants fixed..Best looking armor for charr after t3

in Charr

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

it’s getting annoying… charr are my favorite race aesthetically, but most armor looks beyond horrible on them

it’s like armor either has the tail clipping, or it’s stretched and looks awkward as heck

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in Charr

Posted by: Solefald.8751

Solefald.8751

Looks like a dev was here (posted on the shield thread) yet they keep ignoring this thread, any many more tail clipping related ones. sigh

in Charr

Scoobaniec.9561

Looks like a dev was here (posted on the shield thread) yet they keep ignoring this thread, any many more tail clipping related ones. sigh

At least they was here asking for screenshots. Time to make a bunch of them

in Charr

Solefald.8751

That’s a very good idea, so let’s post some! I start the row with the Dry Bones armor set. Keep posting your tail/horn or any other clipping armors, also name them. We might get attention!

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

That makes no sense. Tail clipping is a very obvious issue. If they need pictures to know what the hell we’re talking about, we might as well delete all our Charr now.

… I still want tengu.

in Charr

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They were asking for screenshots about the shield issue specifically, because apparently different armors can have different effects on shield placement. And some seem to have particularly annoying issues that cause shields to bug very badly.

I don’t think screenshots of the tail issue would be nessicary, its extremely obvious which armors have been adjusted for tails and which haven’t just by looking at the models. There’s no bugs or hidden aspects at work, its either “this armor has been adjusted” or it hasn’t.

in Charr

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

I’ve been using the same armor since level 60 because it’s the only one I can find that suits and doesn’t clip.

to add insult to injury, she’s an engineer so I can’t even look forward to any suitable legendaries

in Charr

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Solution: Give us the ability to completely cut off our tails.

Hey, I would do it!

in Charr

Posted by: Brumen.9720

Brumen.9720

Plse Anet folks read and answer this!

Excuse me but i’m really getting tired of , stop punishin us for playin Charrs

Charr need no gods !

in Charr

Posted by: Athel.2076

Athel.2076

I’ve had it with tail clipping. Really, I’m sick of having very limited armor choices across the board because I loathe tail clipping. Add more cultural armor or whatever.

And adding in the new armor sets for Sky Pirates and they too have tail clipping? Really, that is just sub-par.

Ice dragon, fire dragon, risen dead from Orr,
branded creature, icebrood creature, war war war.
mel: Soft kitty.

in Charr

Posted by: GamerMixZ.2478

GamerMixZ.2478

Just adding my voice to this as I am also tired of the tail clipping. I have had to pass up on some cool armor because of this issue. Hopefully one day they will look into this or at least when new armor is brought into the game the tail is taken into account.

Fitness Gaming Channel of MixZ: www.youtube.com/GamerMixZ2

in Charr

Posted by: Bjornen.5218

Bjornen.5218

It is very sad to go to the Pvp dresser and just go for the armors that work with the tail…there are some of them really cool that we can’t use simply because of that. It could be great if at least anyone from the team writes something here.

in Charr

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

July 9 Content Release Notes
Charr

-Fixed an issue where tails do not hide on armors that normally clip through. Tails are now hidden on these sets.

Yes it’s kinda getting old, I’ve grown used to the look but there’s no reason for this issue to be set aside for so long. Bettin’ my furry tail the new sets clip too. Feel free to pm and ask me for a few gold if I’m wrong

in Charr

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Feel free to pm and ask me for a few gold if I’m wrong

Would it work?

in Charr

Posted by: Ehragus.5843

Ehragus.5843

kitten tired of it.

80 Necro(x2) – 80 Guard – 80 Warr(x2) – 80 Engi – 80 Mes – 80 Ele(x2)

in Charr

Posted by: Revendell.9036

Revendell.9036

Solution: Give us the ability to completely cut off our tails.

Hey, I would do it!

That’s not a solution, you want to make Anet even more lazy and they already doing it with horns and ears. Hate it. I put on a hood and my horns disappears , where is logic in that.

They just don’t care about Charrs or Asuras. I remember posting in general clipping thread that I have a hole in my inquest set it was like 6 months ago. To this day it hasn’t been fixed.

There’s even a clipping tail issue in tier 3 light cultural.

Instead of fixing it, all they care is bugged living content.

in Charr

Posted by: Crimen.4106

Crimen.4106

I’ll have to agree with the opening post and everything that’s followed. Furthermore I really don’t think that the clipping problem of Charr is limited to tail, even if it’s the main one. If it don’t is too much to ask, I would like my armor to look like it was made for my charr and not made for a human and then stretched out into ugliness of doom. I’ve got problems with the back, abdomen, horns and teeth, just to name a few… It really takes the fun away when you work your way to a new armor, just for the looks of it, and all you get for your effort is a clipping issue in your face.

New content is always nice, but please, armor clipping hurt my eyes

Accidents happen. That’s what everyone says.
But in a quantum universe there are no such thing as accidents,
only possibilities and probabilities folded into existense by perseption.

in Charr

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

Well at least this game isn’t focused on aesthetics.

Oh, wait.

in Charr

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Both tailclipping anh clipping/hiding horns…. It would be Nice if armours and headgrear counted in tail and horns…

I do apriciate the work A-net have done to fix some of this though… My wish is that it was fixed on that particular armours/headgeras release though. As all the other humanoid races get properly fitting gear from start. I guess Asuras are suffering a similar problem with their ears…

Kima & Co

in Charr

Scoobaniec.9561

They actually fixed some swords for charr – they doesnt clip into ground now. Like fractal sword or jormag breath

in Charr

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

sigh It’s not just the tail too, there’s problem everywhere whenever you put some cloth on Charr.

- Neck hair (if your Charr has any) magically disappeared when you equip some hats that shaves your hair for you.
- Ridiculous amount of clipping compared to other races.
- Where did my horns go?

Either they’re lazy or the program/coding they’re using restricted them to these behaviors, well whatever the reason is, I don’t care and I’m not happy >_>

Asura’s ears also have similar problem too…poking out when there’s no hole on the helmet at all, or just get squeezed inside.

in Charr

Posted by: Brumen.9720

Brumen.9720

I feel the duty to keep this discussion alive and on top of the list in Charr section.
Till someone of the anet staff will write something about at least.

Regards and thnx for attention.

Charr need no gods !

in Charr

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

The Primeval Armor headpice has a serious armor clipping with the teeths on charr. Its been like this since forever and its quite irritating comparing it costs 500 gems to buy this set… I had to turn off the headpice item look because it looks awful. :/

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Charr

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

I have more problems with the shoulders and head items..

Most head items just look really weird, they are made for a human/norn face.. but on a charr its like they just make it 2 times longer..

But mostly i hate that i can only pick some shoulders, most heavy shoulders are TERRIBLE on charr.. from the side you see ALLOT of stretching, and when you move your arm your shoulders even chance his shape.. WHAT?? what kind of metal can do that?? its soo ugly..

http://www.gw2armor.com/charr/male/coe/heavy/side.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/charr/male/honor/heavy/side.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/charr/male/k5/heavy/side.jpg

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Charr

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I do agree that shoulder and head armor are hideous on charr but they are hide-able. Tomorrow(?) they release the new gem store armor. Lets see how much careless clipping this one’s going to have… :/

… I still want tengu.

in Charr

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I too would enjoy to have my tail not pass through my leggings as if my tail were a ghost.

in Charr

Solefald.8751

I wonder if we ever get some response here, like: Hey guys we are aware of this but we are too lazy to fix this, or hey we aware of it and want to fix it soon….anything would work, come oooooooon show us some feedback please.

in Charr

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Charr characters need specific variant armor meshes that are actually designed for them, not this awful distorted copypasta human armor with textures that are shoehorned in and also look deformed thanks to having to cover more area with the same base art asset.

You can (barely) get away with doing that on the Norn, but Charr are distinct enough that it really looks poor and rushed.

in Charr

Posted by: adam.5346

adam.5346

+1.. For the cause!

in Charr

Posted by: Farran.3607

Farran.3607

Seriously, please. Someone get on this. It’s so bad that I have to resort to the Cultural armors if I want anything to not have the tail look like its poking out randomly from the clothes.

Oh, and fix pauldrons too, but that’s another story.

in Charr

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

Here are my complains about charrs: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/We-Charr-Demand-Some-More-Love See them if you want… :/

in Charr

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

Personally tail clipping doesn’t bug me as much because it’s something I’ve become used to in games that have anything with tail etc. HOWEVER, when I first started playing GW2, I was SUPER excited that my tail wasn’t clipping through the starter armor, I believe what I said was along the lines of “Oh sweet! They actually paid attention to the tails!!! They really did put some effort into this game!” I now know better, and it saddens me.

Though along the lines of clipping issues, one thing that really really does bug me is that when you use the sleep animation your tail clips into the ground when you sleep on a PERFECTLY FLAT AREA. The only way to look normal when you sleep is to sleep on some kind of edge where your tail can hang off or a slope, which I honestly do not understand. I think it’s the same for sitting as well. WHY DO OUR TAILS GO INTO THE GROUND WHEN WE SLEEP ON FLAT AREAS!?!?! This isn’t even something that would be changed with an armor set! they just have to take away the useless bend into the ground when your tail doesn’t flop.

Now, I understand some people may like this because you can have your tail kinda hang off stuff, but it looks super weird if you’re laying on a random bedroll somewhere and your tail decides to become a worm through a blanket.

The Legion Calls

in Charr

Posted by: Leashe.6472

Leashe.6472

Agreed! Why put a race in a game if you’re not willing to put the same love, care, effort as any of your other classes? Why even bother? Unacceptable.

in Charr

Posted by: Yue.5974

Yue.5974

Agreed my Charr really need some loving :<

Character Name: Yue, Rynorr Soulshielder, Rose Yuenü and 28 others xD
Guild: The Eternal Blades Of The North[EBoN]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks