S: Warband Support actually calls warband

in Charr

Posted by: Teletric.1980

Teletric.1980

I was kinda annoyed that I wouldn’t get to see my warband ever again after choosing my secondary faction, so I decided to invest in the “Warband Support” elite skill so I would be able to see my warband again.

Basically, what the Warband Support skill does is call in two random members of your LEGION, not your WARBAND.
ArenaNet, can you please change the Warband Support skill to actually call in Warband members that you aquired during the storyline? Thank you.

This is a signature. You have read this because
you thought there would be something “clever”
or “funny” in this signature. You thought wrong.

in Charr

Posted by: REDR.2540

REDR.2540

THATS WOULD BE GREAT! Dificult… BUT GREAT! I want to see Reeva again

(edited by REDR.2540)

in Charr

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I want my Dinky! ;__;

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Charr

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

I thought the same when I first used it. Twas disappointing not being able to fight alongside Reeva,
-but then again if two players used the skill, and they both had a common member, players would be seeing double, or more.

I think just renaming the skill to Legion Support would be the most sensible option.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

in Charr

Posted by: Erik the Dauntless.4063

Erik the Dauntless.4063

Op, i am 100% in agreement! I was just talking with my brother about this the other day. Why not just have the skill randomly pick between the members of your personal story warband, or just your sparringpartner and randomise the second, this would be so epic.
I to miss my Guy’s/girls, it just rubs me the wrong way that after Orr we don’t go back and finish what we started…. I mean all of a sudden we are leader of some guildgroup (LS).
Don’t get me wrong i like those peeps, but they’re not Charr, nor did i choose them… it just feels wrong to leave my own WB behind without even a second thought…for a bunch of mice even…

So yeah back to topic, i would like it if we at least could see them back in the WB skill, especially if we probably won’t see them in out story anymore

@Dietpepsi, true, though that would be the easyway out imo, besides how often do you see the skill being used, especially in WvW where “clones” would be most likely to happen

(edited by Erik the Dauntless.4063)

in Charr

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

I’ll admit when I saw the warband support skill I thought the exact same thing. I thought it would bring to random characters from my warband in from the personal story to fight alongside me and I was very disappointed to just see soldiers from whatever Legion you chose.

in Charr

Posted by: Katai.5461

Katai.5461

It certainly would be fun to see them again – I thought exactly the same while using the Warband skill the first time. It would be fun if the skill itself would have a prolonged duration, so that you can go drink with them!

in Charr

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

not entirely true you can see your war band in our home instance but it feels kinda hollow. it would be nice if you could genuinely interact with them in your home instance and I don’t mean get the same old lines over and over like for the legions.

i’d also like the ability to customize your home and I don’t mean in terms of how your do in you story. i hate to say it this way but it’s how i genuinely feel. the home instance is absolutely hollow ENTIRELY. it serves no point and customization is vritually non existant.

why not be able to accept random missions from you home instance that you and your war band would be involved in. why not allow players to on top of the story décor. be able to add and change things in rooms.

i think war band support showing your war band would be game breaking… in terms of immersion. just imagine how you would feel if two people used it and you had the same or very similar members.

in Charr

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Two issues i see:
1., as mentioned, tow charr players both calling in the cavalry might summon duplicate NPCs
2., your warband support racial is not dependant on personal story step. Some people wouldn’t have a warband to call in.

suggestion: Leave it as is, but if the player has a warband, make the npcs summoned APPEAR to be those of the warband, just to the player. Any other player would just see two random charr npcs, whom they wouldn’t know from a bar of soap – exactly how it would actually be.
Only the player would be able to see they had actually called their actual warband members.
…only to watch them die.

in Charr

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

So basically, you are saying having your Warband appear in your eyes but from the eyes of other players they would see generic Charr legionnaires?

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Charr

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

I want an elite where you can use your claws and others charr abilities for 30 seconds like Juggernaut or bear for Norns

in Charr

Posted by: ChaosSgt.9713

ChaosSgt.9713

I thought the same when I first used it. Twas disappointing not being able to fight alongside Reeva,
-but then again if two players used the skill, and they both had a common member, players would be seeing double, or more.

I think just renaming the skill to Legion Support would be the most sensible option.

LoL I am in the same boat glad I was not the only one.

I would LOVE to see be MY warband, BUT I am not to sure if it can be done, also wish they would stay a little longer.

Tarquin Duskmane / Anna Masovia Piast
Engineer of Ash Legion / Necromancer
Legion of Honour – Guild