Shield on a charr. It's floating..

in Charr

Posted by: Chipster.6713

Chipster.6713

When I have a shield equipped and it’s on my back, there’s a HUGE gap between my back and my shield, so it’s basically floating. It’s not only very noticeable when I’m looking at him from the side, it’s also when he runs on 4 legs, which he does most of the time.
I’m normally not petty with a lot of things, but this one really irritates me. At least they could close the gap a little bit, so that it’s not hanging that far away from my charr’s back.

in Charr

Posted by: MrMark.8410

MrMark.8410

It also happens for me when I’m actually holding it. Its a good 10cm off my arm… :/

in Charr

Posted by: Wechsl.2907

Wechsl.2907

Strange, I hold my shield clipping through my arm (male charr, used Shaman ‘’ shield, and Invaders shield from WvW)
I haven’t payed attention to shield while it’s holstered on my back, but I may explain why it appears floating for some: there are a couple chest pieces that are bulkier.

in Charr

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

I’ve noticed the floating shield (both in use and on my back) and have noticed that my pauldrons do the same thing. I’m a female Char with the smallest body type, so that may have something to do with it, but most of my armor isn’t actually touching my body…

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

in Charr

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Yah, my shield on my female Engineer Charr floats quite a ways her back when “sheathed” and just as far off her arm when drawn. I can’t remember for sure but I think I picked the middle ground of “bulkyness” for body types, so I don’t think its just the smallest ones that have the problem, though I’m sure that effects just how much it floats.

Its rather wierd because other weapons sheathed on the back (swords, hammers, ect) fit perfectly fine or even clip through the body a bit, and backpacks more or less fit as well. Don’t know why shields alone are so off.

EDIT: Also, there’s another post a little ways down the Charr forum list where someone has pictures of the shield going straight through the characters arm. So apparently not only are some floating far off, but others are in the wrong position the other direction and basically inside the arm. So I really don’t know, seems that Charr shield placement is just all screwed up.

(edited by Electro.4173)

in Charr

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Screwy wabbit…why does your Charr use a shield anyway? Charrs don’ need no stinkin shield

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in Charr

Posted by: Shaftronics.8651

Shaftronics.8651

There’s quite a sizable number of Iron Legion Guardians who disagree with you.

in Charr

Raf.1078

I never use a shield on my guardian. Its a waste of 2 tabs.

Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in Charr

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Screwy wabbit…why does your Charr use a shield anyway? Charrs don’ need no stinkin shield

I’ll just leave this here

Attachments:

Pineapples

in Charr

Posted by: LordThroat.7890

LordThroat.7890

I use the heavy shoulders from HotW which has the fur on the back. I have no problems with floating shields, quite the opposite actually. There is only 1 shield that isn’t clipped by the fur, which is the AC shield.

in Charr

Raf.1078

I’ll just leave this here

A picture of an inefficient warrior?