This Charr Needs Fashion Advice

in Charr

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Meet Acirea Moonflare of the Iron Legion. Who looks like a dude instead of a dudette.

Maybe some other Charr out there can help with a makeover. I’ve been trying to give her some kind of prestigious, elegant design, but not glittery fancy. Something more steampunk, not the outfits that would make her look like she’s been running through the barren wastelands.

My dilemma? She looks like a guy. Unless I get her an all glittery kitty look, I fear I just can’t nail the claw-shredding-boot-stomping-no-nonsense-tough-lil-charr-lady look.

And if you mock her braided hair trinkets, she’ll bite your head off.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I think colors will be your only recourse. Charr don’t have different clothing style based on gender. though if it’s any consolation, those of us familiar with charr recognize her sleek feminine form and girly antlers

in Charr

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I think colors will be your only recourse. Charr don’t have different clothing style based on gender. though if it’s any consolation, those of us familiar with charr recognize her sleek feminine form and girly antlers

What colors then? Naturally I want to avoid bright colors – I really want that steampunk look. But a lot of rustic colors just look…dull.

I was hoping if other Charr designers could offer advice on medium armor that made them not look lumpy? Most of the looks I’ve tried to mix and match made her look like a ninja/Ash Legion charr- not what I was after.

in Charr

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

If I want to add a splash of color I’d go with the browns to keep it steam punk. But just add the traditionally feminine colors to small highlight areas. So maybe something like this. And the feminine color doesn’t have to be very bright. There are a lot of hues to choose from.

Attachments:

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

in Charr

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Medium armor’s always been a tough case.
http://www.gw2armor.com/charr/female/medium_list.php has most of the armors available that aren’t gem store. Though, gem store might be an option. >_> The magitech and Aetherblade sets are very steampunk, and I’ve pondered getting them myself.

Other than that, Dustfinger’s got the right idea. You can find muted but “soft” colors in the pink/purple range, or experiment with yellows and oranges. They’ll be cheap on the trading post, since they’re not as popular. Yellow and orange will fit better with a ‘rustic’ color palette as well.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Charr

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I wear T2 cultural armour chest piece combined with a bit of a mix and match… Using feminine colors and wola… kinda like feminine look my engineer got.

Attachments:

Kima & Co

in Charr

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Maybe try buying a hair style kit and give her some more female looking hair?

in Charr

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Medium is probably the hardest armor weight for a proper female look because trenchcoat trenchcoat trenchcoat, and add onto the fact that most things look horribly stretchy or clipped for Charr…

There are just some choices for Charr that look pretty gender neutral. But it’s very possible to get a more feminine look.

Feminine colors can help, without being overtly obvious, as in the case of my gaurdian. She has a very deliberate rusty brown-to-pink theme in both her fur pattern and armor dyes.

New hairstyle kit or face options aren’t necessary, but I do believe some indeed help.

Edit: Also here’s an old image of my engineer rocking a very similar look, Arikyali.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

in Charr

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I think you may just need to get used to charr. As females go, she actually looks very feminine—more so then average. Try form fitting clothing—T-3 top with pants. That way, it will show off her fluffy tail better.

(My female charr gets mistaken for a male constantly XD)

Attachments:

(edited by Weindrasi.3805)