Upright Charr

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Seems like all the charr these days are the hunched back variety.

Even in Pyre’s warband there was an upright charr, he was a ritualist.

So what happened to them?

Ive only noticed those smokelord thingies and Gaheron Baelfire being the upright variety.

Attachments:

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Standing upright isn’t natural to the charr. Only Flame Legion shamans did it in Guild Wars 1. Since they were the top of charr society, and we know they self-mutilate, it’s been theorized that they forcibly changed their posture to make themselves distinct from the rest of charr society. It seems that whatever the Shamans do to get that posture, it’s still used today. However, since Flame Legion is outcast from the rest of charr society, and their practices are rejected—there would be no back straightening among the Iron, Blood, and Ash legions

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Ive only noticed those smokelord thingies and Gaheron Baelfire being the upright variety.

Not sitting correctly on the chair so it became a habit and that’s what become of them today.

Pineapples

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Not sitting correctly on the chair so it became a habit and that’s what become of them today.

laff

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: PolarTank.5902

PolarTank.5902

I would love my charr to stand proud and distinct among the rest.

SUPER ADVENTURE TEAM GO !!!!

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

“Abomination” – that’s what went through my head.

You want to stretch your back? Or have it done by a pyrocracker*? Go ahead, but don’t complain if you can’t curl up to sleep anymore!

*that’s what my kid called a chiropractor a few years back

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Standing upright isn’t natural to the charr. Only Flame Legion shamans did it in Guild Wars 1. Since they were the top of charr society, and we know they self-mutilate, it’s been theorized that they forcibly changed their posture to make themselves distinct from the rest of charr society. It seems that whatever the Shamans do to get that posture, it’s still used today. However, since Flame Legion is outcast from the rest of charr society, and their practices are rejected—there would be no back straightening among the Iron, Blood, and Ash legions

It was probably similar to head or neck binding in certain human cultures today, where they bind the infant’s body part they want to manipulate (in this case it would be the shoulders/back, so most likely they would have some rigid device strapped to them for the first part of their lives) and as the young bones grew, they could be coaxed into whatever configuration they wanted. It was also most likely to insinuate the flame legion’s “superiority” over the others and their proper place as leader of all charr.

So yeah…death to the self mutilating flame freaks!

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Urgh, yes this is my biggest complaint about the Charr.
I loved the upright Charr in GW1 and they weren’t just restricted to the Flame Legion Shaman. The Charr Chaot’s did as well. The Ashen Claws were also sort of upright – or at least had a much smaller body mass which looks better.

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

No thanks! I like my charr the way he is.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

You want my proud charr warrior to look like those damnable Flame Legion scumbags? NEVER!

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: ThrottleFox.2735

ThrottleFox.2735

Some Ash trash would probably stab me in the back thinking I was flame if i was upright!

I prefer them hunched over

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Well, if I could have this armor, I might be able to accept a straight back…

I’d prefer to just keep my back and have that armor though.

Attachments:

Upright Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I would have made a caster Charr character in a heartbeat if I could have done this. I totally support this sort of thing in a future expansion.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!