Warband support skill

Warband support skill

in Charr

Posted by: Totem.7306

Totem.7306

Hey,

I was wondering if it possible to increase the duration time of this skill. I mean this skill is specifically made for PVE. If we do increase it lets say by 15 seconds it would be more fun than just 30 secs…

I dont know, I just like this skill because its COOL!! and to feel like in a WARBAND!

Most racial skills are so useless and not effective. Anet should buff them.

What ya guys think?

Warband support skill

in Charr

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

TBH I think racials should have been left out of the game altogether. They just can’t actually be useful and still fit their idea that all races are equally good for any class, which leaves us with novelty skills that are barely, if ever, worth actually using. That just makes them feel cheap and junky.

Warband support skill

in Charr

Posted by: DrGravitas.3527

DrGravitas.3527

TBH I think racials should have been left out of the game altogether. They just can’t actually be useful and still fit their idea that all races are equally good for any class, which leaves us with novelty skills that are barely, if ever, worth actually using. That just makes them feel cheap and junky.

You can take my Charrzooka when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!

Err, I mean ‘I disagree.’ I think the racials adds a fun bit of extra variety to the classes. Not everything has to be optimized, and many of the skills aren’t totally useless.

I agree with the thread author. I think the Warband skill needs either a longer duration, or shorter cooldown. Although I think the latter is more likely than the former. It’s just no fun to use (unlike the Charrzooka or Battle Roar.) I feel much the same way about the Artillery Barrage’s bizarrely short targeting range.

Warband support skill

in Charr

Posted by: Hyena.2037

Hyena.2037

All I know is the toolbelt skill for Hidden Pistol is awsome and gives me a nice extra bit of damage output on my Engi. If the damage wasn’t good enough it’s kind of hilarious to see your charr shooting bullets from the wrong side of the gun. I still don’t know if this is a bug or intentional, like a second barrel hidden in the handle of the pistols.

Warband support skill

in Charr

LameFox.6349

They’re useless enough that there’s basically no reason besides novelty to have them slotted. It’s like that one gun in a FPS you really want to like but no matter how you try to make it useful, you’d always be better off with something else.

I hate game design that says ‘you can have fun here, but only if you sacrifice effectiveness’.

Warband support skill

in Charr

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

I prefer Warband Support over my other Warrior Elites actually. I just wish that, ya know, it was my warband…Maybe the should call it Legion Support? Or, Reinforcements?

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

Warband support skill

in Charr

LameFox.6349

If you’re on a european server, I’d be happy to demonstrate the inferiority of your choice of elites via WvW should our servers ever compete. ;P

Warband support skill

in Charr

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

Oh, I don’t do WvW, it’s boring, to me anyway. I stick to PvE.

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

Warband support skill

in Charr

Posted by: Shadowdawn.7946

Shadowdawn.7946

Battle roar’s an okay racial. Except when my Ash thief starts shouting about Blood and Iron. No, stick with “Ash is Death!”. And I want Charrzooka. You’re not taking that away. And how’s WvWvW boring? I find it fun, and something’s always happening. I find sPvP boring though.

I love all things Charr. They’re badkitten!

Warband support skill

in Charr

LameFox.6349

I thought it was ‘ashes and death’ or something. I don’t think those are legion based.

Warband support skill

in Charr

Shadowdawn.7946

No, she keeps saying “Ash is death!” And then she said something about Iron and Blood. I thought they were legion based, but they might not be.

Warband support skill

in Charr

Shadowdawn.7946

No, sorry, turns out it is “Ashes and Death!” Also, “Guns and Iron!” and “Fury and Blood!” So looks like you’re right.

Warband support skill

in Charr

Posted by: Aldebaran.8132

Aldebaran.8132

Warband Support useless? I think that’s a very narrow minded look at the skill. My experience using it with a ranger is positive. It appears that they are affected by AoE buff stacking- which the ranger and its pets are no stranger to. They are also good distractions and with camouflage they can work like a mesmer with illusions- i can only imagine how chaotic a necro or mesmer could make the battlefield appear. It is a dynamic and fun skill that has usefulness in a variety of situations.