What legion would a Necro fit into?

in Charr

Posted by: Leviathan.7459

Leviathan.7459

I was thinking of trying out a Charr Necro, but I’m not sure what legion he’s be in. I know it wouldn’t be Iron. I was think Blood and Ash. Blood because a Necro like to torture their enemies and make them suffer and to me that sounds like Blood. And then Ash because of the darkness and stuff like that. What do you think?

in Charr

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

Ash seems the most likely, but I think both Blood and Iron wouldn’t mind having a necro on their front lines. Iron necro would probably send minions out while they man a cannon etc, and a Blood necro would probably just go crazy. Ash necro could use their minions to spy or as backup on a one person mission.
Really any profession could go in any legion, there are lots of options.

The Legion Calls

in Charr

Posted by: JGBarbarian.3579

JGBarbarian.3579

Most of the Ash npcs are light armored and dual dagger wielders, so my charr necro is going that route.

in Charr

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

As Ashes said, all legions use all professions.

in Charr

Posted by: WereScrib.7154

WereScrib.7154

Late, but it’s absolutely Ash. Actually…

Ash Spy (the NPCs) all use dagger and focus and have a couple necromancer abilities.
Ash Scouts all use Dagger and Dagger and use thief abilities.

However they all use smokebomb with an unique graphic different from the thief version. So it can be a bit confusing.

in Charr

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

All of them.

Blood: Using the bodies of the fallen foes and allies to keep the battle going and keep the army strong for the battle? No doubt Blood would love this.

Iron: Since they build the citadel, having some undead corpses to help speed up the building process probably would go well with them. As would getting knowledge from said corpses.

Ash: Poisons, controlling the dead and the info they hold, being experts of torturing and spreading illnesses, being able to send their souls and waltz right into a place undetected before returning to their bodies? Ash is having a field day.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Charr

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

Actually considering the aggressive way necros fight and that they take tons of punishment while in battle because of their attrition design, Blood works well for them as well as Ash. It’s really personal preference, but they fit quite nicely into Blood Legion.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in Charr

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

all three legions could utilize necros pretty well:

Blood: kill a guy, your side now has one more soldier, and the enemy has one less, plus, WE ARE DEATH INCARNATE, that sort of thing tends to be useful on a battlefield ;P (and there’s the point that the more death there is around a necromancer, the stronger they are)

Ash: poisons, torture, plague (these are a few of my favorite things), plus there’s things like spectral walk that allow for infiltration.

Iron: considering how a lot of charr technology is geared towards killing ghosts, necros would be the ones to talk to (eg, the ghostbore musket). plus, there’s the fact that the minions are so easy to make and are so expendable, they can be put towards lots of jobs (eg, “it doesn’t matter how dangerous it is to stand there, I can just make more”), and hey, free bodies for ballistics testing

in Charr

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

There are Necromancer NPCs in the Ash Legion