Who waters the plants in the Black Citadel?

in Charr

Posted by: IronAmish.1905

IronAmish.1905

I was just wondering who the unlucky charr is who has to walk around the Black Citadel keeping the potted plants alive. Clearly someone must since they’re all alive. It seems rather foolish to put all these cute little potted plants in, what is essentially, a huge industrial military complex. Did they run out of jobs for the charr? Was this the job given to the “slow” soldiers? I know they have farmers and such but something like watering everyone of those plants would take hours. Why would they even put them all around the Citadel anyways? It seems pretty out of place for the charr. Just saying.

in Charr

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Haven’t you noticed there’s no bathrooms in the Citadel? Of course Charr need plants.

in Charr

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The Charr have giant tanks, automated turrets, firearms, ect. I’m sure they’ve figured out sprinkler systems.

in Charr

Posted by: IronAmish.1905

IronAmish.1905

But why do they even have them? It seems strange for the charr to want to interior decorate.

in Charr

Posted by: venator.6429

venator.6429

who do you have to kitten off to get that job? :p

in Charr

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Im the lucky one who “gets” to water the plants in the Black Citadel

in Charr

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

plants?
look closer, its all good plastic imitations

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in Charr

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Tribunes need an unpleasant task to assign to soldiers who have committed minor offences. Hence the plants.

in Charr

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I like that one ^

in Charr

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Those aren’t just simple plants, they’re all catnip!

in Charr

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I would get a chuckle if farhars were given such a task.
“But I want to kill giants!”
“Start with watering the hibiscus first, then we’ll see.”
“What about fighting monsters?”
“You’ll face one if Rytlock’s tulip collection goes wilt, I promise that.”

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Charr

Zaxares.5419

Although remember guys, we DO get the odd Charr like Anya Fairmind or Kastaz Strongpaw that seem to like gardening.

in Charr

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

^There is those few, but it’s more than likely low ranked Charrs or less likely cubs. And who says the Charr aren’t allowed to decorate with something that’s not metal or used to kill people? But on the other hand they could be there to appease Sylvari or Human taste in decoration, make them feel more welcome kinda thing, doubtfully, but theres that too.

in Charr

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Haven’t you noticed there’s no bathrooms in the Citadel? Of course Charr need plants.

Looks like you never studied Black Citadel, because they actually have bathrooms with nice hot showers :p

Attachments:

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Charr

Atlas.9704

^There is those few, but it’s more than likely low ranked Charrs or less likely cubs. And who says the Charr aren’t allowed to decorate with something that’s not metal or used to kill people? But on the other hand they could be there to appease Sylvari or Human taste in decoration, make them feel more welcome kinda thing, doubtfully, but theres that too.

You do bring up a good point, there are plebians (Humans and Sylvari) in the city.
Sending a few out to play gardener would work.
Plants clean up the air and we know Black Citadel can get smoggy after all.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Charr

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

spice plants to grind up and use as seasoning with the meat.

yum.

in Charr

Atlas.9704

Sell the seeds or use them to feed the animals for slaughter.

in Charr

Posted by: MuxyKillin.7036

MuxyKillin.7036

wait wait wait wait…. you are still talking about the potted plants and not the sylvari right? cos i have to say, sylvary spiced steak doesn’t sound very tasty. :P

in Charr

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

It’s because you don’t tried our special Charr marinated meat in jalapeno-sylvari sauce or pancakes with maple-sylvari syrup. (Don’t ask where the syrup come from.)

in Charr

Zaxares.5419

Charr do seem to like heavy spices with their meat, actually, if a lot of their recipes sold by NPCs is anything to go by.

I wonder if it’s because Charr tastebuds aren’t as discerning as other races (i.e. they can’t detect sweetness very well, and it’s implied that Charr whiskey is extremely strong, but without much flavor), and so need stronger spices to make it noticeable.

in Charr

Posted by: Zuul Nekrazh.1905

Zuul Nekrazh.1905

Who waters the plants around the Black Citadel? Obviously, everyone.
After a long night in the bar.

This post was left by an educated Charr.
- Zuul Grimtooth

in Charr

Posted by: Phoenix.5047

Phoenix.5047

Those “plants” are actually bio-toxic defense mechanisms set to activate as a last resort, if for some odd reason the Citadel is ever invaded. ’
Source: last 10 seconds of thinking about it.

in Charr

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

The Tribunes need an unpleasant task to assign to soldiers who have committed minor offences. Hence the plants.

Yup!

wait wait wait wait…. you are still talking about the potted plants and not the sylvari right? cos i have to say, sylvary spiced steak doesn’t sound very tasty. :P

You might need to revisit Meatoberfest. At least a fifth of those racks of meat must be the new, trendy 3-spice sylvari flavored meat with extra hot sauce!