Wouldn't it be too awesome if...

in Charr

Posted by: ruilionheart.1394

ruilionheart.1394

…we could have our own cars as a mount? I mean, those war cars that are standing still @ town! Then we could rule the world! ^-^

in Charr

Posted by: AuldWolf.7598

AuldWolf.7598

I’m not a fan of mounts due to the waypoint system. It would make it redundant and it would introduce the ‘mount arms race’ where everyone rushes to get the best mount. That’s just no fun.

However...

I have toyed with the idea of having charriot (yes) races, or having destruction derby style things. The problem with this, of course, is that GW2 uses server side collision detection, and as such… well, let’s just say that if you had to have that many objects colliding accurately on the servers, their servers would likely throw a fit.

And it’s a shame, it really is. The charr cars are an amazing concept. There’s just so much potential there, and I feel it’s been a bit wasted in that we can’t do anything with them. That’s the only thing that bugs me about the charr – when they were building up the lore to the game, they talked about helicopters, and tanks, and things, and… well, there are no helicopters (only a charr talking about them), and tanks/cars are just static objects.

It just feels that all their potential given to them by their artists was wasted by their game design team. And that makes me a little sad, sometimes. The charr are still by far one of the best beast races I’ve seen in any game, but they could be oh so, so, so much more. So much more.

And even minigames where those brilliant charr constructions aren’t just window dressing would do much to address that unspent potential.

Maybe one day?

in Charr

Posted by: Lightning.9165

Lightning.9165

That’s the only thing that bugs me about the charr – when they were building up the lore to the game, they talked about helicopters, and tanks, and things, and… well, there are no helicopters (only a charr talking about them)

That’s not strictly true – there is a quest in one of the Charr zones where you can help get a helicopter flying, and they feature extensively in Orr.

in Charr

Posted by: AuldWolf.7598

AuldWolf.7598

Yeah, but they’re still not in the game as much as they should have been. You’d think with all the neat stuff the artists were coming up with would be shown throughout the game. But until Orr, you don’t see most things. Because apparently the Pact are magically pulling things out of thin air.

It just feels weak. If these things are there, then they should have used them earlier on in the game. I mean, they were the ones who went on about the whole game feeling like endgame, so why hold these back for the latter regions?

It feels cheap. But “It feels cheap.” is a feeling I’ve been getting from GW2 of late. :|

in Charr

Posted by: ruilionheart.1394

ruilionheart.1394

Well their machinery are spread out around the map and sometimes there’s even camps where they use those are shields. I wanna get in one to snipe the Shatterer! xD

in Charr

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

I’m hoping the “Circus Charricus” steam car racing arena becomes the Charr answer to Keg Brawl. I really want a steam powered deathrace minigame!