Your Charr and the treaty.

in Charr

Posted by: kingofdahobbes.6357

kingofdahobbes.6357

Since I’m always seeing posts about “How does your Human feel about the treaty with the Charr?” I figured I’d ask the charr how they feel for once.
They’re always having the fingered pointed at them for being the “bad guys” in this whole Ascalon situation.
So how does your Charr feel about the treaty with Kryta?

in Charr

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I’m a Charr Female Ranger. Me and my sisters share the same thoufhts about humans. I’m suspicious with Humans I dont know, be it leaders, citicens or heroes….. They have to prove trustworthy Before I can relax around them. I have a bunch of humans in our Guild that I trust and that I would sacrifice a lot to save in case it would be needed.

Humans still have a Little too much of “we’re the superior race over all” kind of thinking… apart fro some other wiered traditions. But at leas they have agreed on fighting alongside with us… U gotta see that as a big step in the right direction. Pyre had a great deal in making the Alliance with humans possible at all. He sacrificed a lot for us and will Always be remembered for what he did for the warbands comming after him – he Believed in something!!!

We still live! Female Charr are allowed to take part in battle! Our race is proud and stronge even though we still are scarred From the past. We Barely survived. Because of that reason, we are quite few today. But Close doesnt cont!

Kima & Co

in Charr

Posted by: Lord Rheios.4152

Lord Rheios.4152

Grazzt Mercykiller: We weren’t the “bad guys”. HUMANS threw us out of our homes, OUR territory, OUR HERITAGE. We simply did what was necessary to get it back. The searing was earned. We hated to destroy the lands we called home more than any human mourned that land’s loss. But it doesn’t matter. There are new threats all around, and the sins of the past may echo as one of them, but they are no longer the absolute concern. The treaty grants us what we need to face true threats. Should humanity ever forget itself again, Charr are always willing to remind.

Edit: I misspelled threw as through, how did I manage that one?

(edited by Lord Rheios.4152)

in Charr

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Nyoka Gorefell’s view of humans isn’t any different from her view of anyone else—even her own people. To her, all beings are inferiors to be controlled. She does not care about such petty things as race—her only concern is gaining power in any way possible. The treaty is a benefit to her power—for now. By working with and interacting with humans, she spreads her reputation and sphere of influence. However, once the dragon threat is lessened and the charr’s borders are secured, she intends to aim for the title of Imperator—and then Khan Ur. Once the charr are in a position of power, she intends to turn her people against the treaty—not out of any hatred for humans, but for the sake of her own dominion.

Thorn Gorecrow, on the other hand, hates humans, and hates Smodur and the Iron Legion for forming the alliance. She is reckless in her loathing, and holds the traditional view that charr are meant to rule all. She believes the treaty has made the charr weak. She serves under Nyoka, holding to the promise that if Nyoka’s bid for power succeeds, the treaty will be weakened. Unlike Nyoka, Thorn does not care for power. Rather, she believes firmly in the rightness of her own viewpoint. She feels like she has a duty to save her race from the human taint.

Most of my charr are variations of “bad guys”, and as such don’t like the treaty, or just don’t like humans, for different reasons. The one exception is Albane Memorykeeper—who is extremely open-minded and who cannot understand people’s prejudices.

in Charr

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

pulls out list

Ranger (raised in Lion’s Arch): He’s happy for it, it means the whole stupid race war can stop over something that happened centuries ago.

Thief: He really doesn’t care, he’s still out for revenge on his former warband mates for killing his best friend and lover, so this doesn’t effect him.

Engineer: Doesn’t matter to him, he’s still learning more about golemancy in Rata Sum to help the Iron Legion’s capabilities (and subsequent counter of the tech).

Necromancer: Doesn’t matter to him, he’s still killing and dissecting creatures and Risen in his eternal study of death.

Elementalist: He’s still growing crops, and is more worried about Flame Legion and Separatists ruining them than whether or not they’re allied with humans.

Mesmer: He’s all for it, it makes it easier for the Order of Whispers to gain more valuable information.

Guardian: Anything that helps lead to the defeat of the dragons is okay with him.

Warrior: Doesn’t care, he’s still technically an outcast due to being born to Flame Legion parents, despite absolutely hating the Flame Legion’s mindset.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Charr

Posted by: Inugami.1328

Inugami.1328

Ascalon was ours to begin with. End of story.
They better give us Ebonhawk soon…
The treaty was forged with words and words mean nothing.

(edited by Inugami.1328)

in Charr

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

For hundreds of years we’ve fought the humans. What came of it? Plots of land taken back and forth. Countless dead on all sides. Our march on Orr caused the Cataclysm…an entire kingdom sunk into the sea. Untold numbers lost, only to become minions for a Lich and then Zhaitan. How many of our brethren now walk the shores of Orr, cursed to undeath by our own endless thirst for blood and conquest?

And what of the Searing? Was driving out the humans worth the price? Was it worth tapping into the power of a dragon and scorching our home beyond recognition? The lakes of tar still stain our fur. And now that same dragon has risen and left a terrible scar on our land. How many times? How many wounds must Ascalon bear before it is enough?

I am Vigil. Almorra watched as the dragon twisted her land, her warband, her reality. She survived. We survived. The time to fight the humans is over. It should have been over centuries ago. Now we must fight together, or we will all be consumed and Charr and Human alike will be but memories of the dragons.

in Charr

Posted by: Encoded Rig.7903

Encoded Rig.7903

Ascalonian fried Humans. Simple as that.

in Charr

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My Charr, Krushak Doomblade, is something of a racial supremacist in that he believes the Charr to be a superior race, destined to conquer and subjugate the other races in a kind of institutionalised semi-slavery. At the same time, he abhors abuse and cruelty for its own sake, decrying the excesses of the Flame Legion’s conquest of Ascalon. All races, he believes, can become an integral and valued part of the great Charr war machine. Yes, the Charr will be at the top of the heap, but actively seeking the destruction of other races is foolishness. Why destroy, when you can conquer, assimilate and utilise instead?

That said, since he’s joined the Vigil (and gotten partnered with a female Human Tactician, who’s another of my characters), he’s mellowed out somewhat in his attitudes towards other races. He still believes that Charr are the superior race, but he also acknowledges that cooperation with the other races brings benefits that might otherwise be lost if the Charr conquered them all. He now operates under the principle that other races can be left to their own devices unless the Charr need to go in and save them, in which case the Charr might run things differently. (After all, they do still have the superior culture!)

in Charr

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

Fyr Icepaw doesn´t quite agree with the treaty. As the Legionnaire of the Ice Warband, stationed on the most northern borders of Charr homelands, she has not seen to many humans to be of use. She always only saw them sinking into the snow, whining about the cold and generally being to squishy.
That said she had a little bit of a problem with her Blood Legion superiors after the last brawl. Again there was this group of 3 humans being dedicated to serve the cause of the treaty and inter species relationships. But in the end they´re just to weak and their necks can´t stand a thorough brawl.
Because of that she is currently signed to the Vigil and put into a squad of asuran and human origins. She still accepts the “new” ideas this squad comes up with when it comes to weaponry and she can even share that barrel of whiskey she carries.
But in the end, no matter how much she loves it, she has to remind herself not to brawl with them….

in Charr

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Mine’s cool with it. Noble and tolerant just like the Vigil, faces things with dignity and respect.

in Charr

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

My charr was put off by the deal initially given our history, but getting to know them has warmed him up a bit.

Enemy is an enemy, ally is an ally.

They were the enemy and now they’re not. We won, they lost. They sought an end to aggression and bargained us with our peoples legacy.

They fought well, particularly the Ebonhawke mice.

In meeting them some of them are terrible and I have no qualms gutting them on the spot (… if circumstances allow).

Some are excellent, decent people. Human quality varies radically from junk to legend. Charr are uniform, engineered for excellence.

And some charr are legendary.

in Charr

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

treaty with meat? never heard of that. i do not engage in diplomatic negotiation with food, that’d be silly.

in Charr

CETheLucid.3964

treaty with meat? never heard of that. i do not engage in diplomatic negotiation with food, that’d be silly.

You’re making us look bad!

You know they don’t make good eating. Even the bigger ones won’t offer much sustenance. A pair of shoes at best. Or a really snug pair of pants maybe? Ehhh, nah…

Don’t listen to him. He’s silly.

in Charr

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

You’re making us look bad!

You know they don’t make good eating. Even the bigger ones won’t offer much sustenance. A pair of shoes at best. Or a really snug pair of pants maybe? Ehhh, nah…

Don’t listen to him. He’s silly.

i don’t want the grown ones. tender meat needs to be butchered young.
however, such talk is exactly why all the cubs nowadays are spoiled. when i was young we conquered lands and fed on this inferior race! now it’s all flowers and noisy music and hugging each other. i miss the old days …. the good days ….

in Charr

Posted by: capnbishop.3927

capnbishop.3927

I imagined my Charr warrior, Ritek Goreblade, stationed in Fireheart Rise, fighting back the Flame Legion. He didn’t develop the same kind of hatred for humans as legionnaires who served in the Fields of Ruin. His opinion of humans tends to be more pragmatic; judging them based on their actions rather than based on inherited hatred. However, he does view human culture as that of arrogant, self righteous invaders. They spread across Tyria long ago, consuming as they went; but eventually were crushed under their own weight and hubris. More significantly, Ritek’s interpretation of the humans is that they are unable to accept defeat, and would rather destroy their own civilization than surrender. This happen in Orr, Ascalon, and even (debatably) in Kryta when the humans sacrificed their freedom to the Mursaat in order to defeat the Charr. Because of this, Ritek is uneasy with the humans. Tensions are high with the dragons on the rise, and human leaders have a bad track record of using mass destruction when their backs are against a wall. Even if the union is able to defeat the dragons, how long can the peace possibly last? Ritek believes that something will give, sooner or later, and the humans will unleash destructive magic which will destroy all of Kryta, and bring the Charr down with them. In the long run, the treaty will be bad for the Charr.

in Charr

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Khalfu Wintersun (Ash legion, OoW thief) is very laid back, introspective.. A bit of an intellectual and philosophical sort, so that already makes him a bit odd. He has Flame ancestry which gives him some complicated feelings on both charr and human sides. He has some issue with Charr social structuring and general attitude, and humans tend to be more laid back, which he appreciates. He gets on well with humans who are open and friendly toward him, and respects their resilience and adaptability.

Unfortunately some humans aren’t so welcoming, so he has to be guarded until he can get a feel for whether they’re alright with him, or if they absolutely hate his guts for being charr.

He’s studied what he thinks of as “the Ascalon issue” from both sides. The Charr took of the lands from their original inhabitants. The humans fought and won them from the charr, similarly, which he doesn’t begrudge them of. He disliked the searing and found it gross overkill by the Flame Legion, using cheap tricks to overrun an enemy who was entirely defenseless to such an attack. Disgusting, honorless, and vulgar.. as the Flame Legion has wont to be. It repulses him that some of his people think it was a good decision, still.

He feels that what Adelbern did was just as cowardly and reprehensible, if not moreso; a disservice to his own people and a low blow against the charr who had practically already won their prize by honest means. And especially that it cruelly trapped the humans who had resided in Ascalon there for possibly eternity, unaware of the world around them and likely in mental torment, constantly expecting an assault for however many decades or centuries their souls will continue to linger. He finds it unforgivable, on behalf of both the humans and the charr.

And he thinks the similar event in Orr was considerably worse. Orr is a land of horrors, of an enslaved people who, tragically, should have been long laid to rest and were robbed of that by just one corrupt person in power going too far. It chills him; when he thinks of Orr, he thinks of what the Flame Legion could have reduced the Charr to. Had things gone differently, could they have suffered a similar fate?

Suffice to say that he’s perfectly fine with the treaty. He’s a pretty mellow, cool cat, heh.

in Charr

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

“Me (Chimie Pepsios) and my fellow warband members of the SIOS are a part of the Double Entente: a coalition force between the Adamant Guard and Seraph made primarily for the sake of enforcing the treaty, as a result we do not question others based on race, but by behaviour. Our objectives are simple: keep the peace by appropriate means.

Our company, and our centurion especially, receives a lot of slap for being so willing to work with the humans. We often help the Seraph squad in Divinity’s Reach. "

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

in Charr

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Sivarson Greyfur (Warrior): “The treaty? Pfft let the little mouse girl run her little mouse holdings. At the very least they are strong enough to fight off Branded and Ogres to keep a place at the table. If they make any more movement into our lands we should fight back. The Seps though, flay them and feed them to skelk if possible. I’ve no time to deal with such politics, I’m needed back on the Brand to shatter more of these crystal demons.”

Melophites Dethklok (Engineer): “The treaty is serving a purpose though technically we should own all of the lands. With Scarlet’s actions and the Molten running around are causing enough problems as it is. I’m still learning things in the Priory and over in Rata Sum. Believe me if the Legions call for Human blood I’ll cook up a mean little tool to cause trouble at their doorsteps. Its just at the moment they aren’t a huge priority.”

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Charr

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

Mortarmer Whitecap (Engineer): “It’s not a good idea to keep pressing the humans. The treaty is a wise choice. In the end, if we really pressed Ebonhawk, Kryta would keep warring against us. And if we attack Kryta, we’d have to take troops through Norn lands – that didn’t end well last time. Both the Cataclysm and the Foefire proved that humanity can be… intimidating… when backed into a corner. I would not want to be on the receiving end their last act of desperation. Besides, the dragons are a bigger threat. It is not a wise tactic for either race to hold protracted battles on so many fronts. All this is not even counting humanity’s new watchknight forces. We know so little about those things. If you house cats want to keep swatting the hornet’s nest, be ready to face the consequences.”

(edited by bullyrook.2165)

in Charr

CETheLucid.3964

Both the Cataclysm and the Foefire proved that humanity can be… intimidating… when backed into a corner. I would not want to be on the receiving end their last act of desperation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=No27mMOjbv0#t=73

Seems appropriate.

in Charr

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

Tarreth Stormscream: Legion’s word is my will. And if it says humans are not our enemies, they are not. Simple as that. Follow your orders, soldiers and don’t try to whine here! Clean those guns, double time!

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

in Charr

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

As long as they don’t touch my meat they are fine.

in Charr

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

My Charr engineer is happy about the treaty. Her viewpoint has basically been a “If the humans behave, I’m fine with them setting up farms/settlements inside Ascalon, so long as they understand it’s Iron Legion/Charr land.”

So them keeping Ebonhawke and getting the Fields of Ruin is no issue to her.

in Charr

Posted by: AzureShiron.7658

AzureShiron.7658

My charr and his brothers have the same mind set, they dont care so long as they have orders not to. They stay away from humans as frequently as they can to avoid any confrontation outside of separatists.

If you think this post is about you, it probably is

in Charr

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

In general My Charr agree on the fact that we’ve already won the war with the humans. Since we have all that we set out to take back from them, there’s not a whole lot of point continuing an age old war just for spite. They’re a weak, frightend, besieged race. Given the advance of Charr technology they’re not even remotely a threat to the charr, they’ll be irrelivant in another generation.
Sign the treaty and move on, we’ve got a world to save here!

in Charr

Kalavier.1097

My Charr engineer is happy about the treaty. Her viewpoint has basically been a “If the humans behave, I’m fine with them setting up farms/settlements inside Ascalon, so long as they understand it’s Iron Legion/Charr land.”

So them keeping Ebonhawke and getting the Fields of Ruin is no issue to her.

Also, adding to what I said in another topic, My charr would understand the utter impossibility of continuing the war, even if the legions wanted to. With all the threats at home, and the long distance to Kryta, it’s not even worth it.

in Charr

Posted by: Ropihl.2150

Ropihl.2150

My charr thief Yassa Softpaw is silently against the treaty. She has her own head cannon that nurses an intense hatred of humankind (at one point I even had her lay bombs in Ebonhawke in game just for the fun of it, haha.) She is most loyal to the Legions, however, and keeps her fury mostly contained. At one point it erupts and causes her downfall, though.

Ember Softscorch my Ele agrees that peace is an achievable goal and works toward furthering it when she can. Very open minded and enjoys meeting new people and races. The two are warband mates so their opinions can bump heads sometimes.

I haven’t developed personalities and ideals for my other charr characters.

in Charr

Tarreth.8914

Look at this thread, guys.

Here, I see how CHARR are declaring, that they are okay with the treaty. That their unquestionable loyality to the Legions, obeying words of the Legions are able even to hold their inner feelings about humans. That their own words are meaningless towards the Greater Good – which is good of the Legions and Tyria.

The world’s deadliest weapons are not eager to fight those, who they fought for years.

Now, look at human subforum. Where they ask themselves if they would fight for Ascalon, they mostly agree. Shameful. They call us beasts, yet it is them, who are monsters here, wishing for more war, for more blood, more misery and death – for the same of history, of the past and hatred.

That’s, why charr are above humans. They might be different, might be dangerous and imtimidating. But charr knows, where is place of history, and where is place of the future. THAT’S, why charr are the greatest world’s engineers!

For the Legions!

in Charr

Kalavier.1097

Charr can put aside their hate and move forward.

Separatists and obviously some human players cannot, nor separate the fact Flame legion/shamans do NOT equal all of the Charr… which is sad.

in Charr

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

Separatists and obviously some human players cannot, nor separate the fact Flame legion/shamans do NOT equal all of the Charr… which is sad.

Renegades cough cough

in Charr

Kalavier.1097

Renegades cough cough

Yes, the renegades are just as bad. But they are a smaller group overall in comparison.

Also the fact in the personal story their leadership gets destroyed.

in Charr

Tarreth.8914

Also, renegades are not welcomed in any of charr villages, not to mention the Black Citadel itself. They disobey the treaty, disobey orders of their Legions, and for which one they have all rights to kill them by dissubordinance.

Separatists on the other hand are forbidden, but they do live in Ebonhawke. They do much of a trouble there.

in Charr

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

When it comes to dealing with humans – Well, they owe us a new homeland. Sure, the searing was our fault and is our mess to clean up if we want Ascalon returned to its former beauty. But the ghosts are unacceptable. I wouldn’t mind giving the humans Ascalon back in a peaceful exchange for Kryta. Don’t worry about the centaurs and other things humans struggle with, we can clean them up. Hopefully you can clean up the ghosts – maybe they’ll go away once humans are in control of the land? The parts of the treaty keeping Charr from moving to uncursed lands are crippling to our kind. Sure, Kryta may not be our ancestral land like Ascalon was… but there’s no use throwing good lives away on a tradition we nuked ourselves.

As for long-term tolerance of humans – egalitarianism is the best approach. Charr are better and more qualified than humans in every way, so we’ll gradually ‘float to the top’, while the humans keep our weakest and least respectable members in their place and out of our duty. The egalitarian approach also deprives humans of hating us for unfairly discriminating against them – if they were as good as us, they’d be the ones in the positions – and keeps our less respectable members from having illusions of mistreatment as well, since they can compare their performance to the humans.

As for long-term peace – There must always be something for the Legions to fight against. Peace is the gateway to spiritual death and weakness. It is our duty and honor to die on the battlefield, instead of snivelling and wasting away in decadence or squalor, bound by promises of nonaggression and decency, instead of fighting for our lives and rights with our own blood and steel. We may have killed our gods, and put our faith in Iron, but we are no less faithless or lacking in spirit than any Human or Norn. We just put our faith in our own works and warbands instead of distant or abstract entities.

in Charr

Tarreth.8914

The Elder Dragons. That’s, what we should put our claws on now. After our great victory against Zhaitan in Orr, there are others to be dealt with. Also, I should mention lunatics, like Scarlet and other of her… Let’s call it level.

Ascalon is our Homeland. And regardless of what happened there and what is actually happening. It is OUR home. And we will defend it at all cost.

Put your faith in Iron Legion’s Ghostfire shells and cannons. They’ll keep these kitten ed ghosts under control.
Flame Legion won’t give up either. Their false gods will keep them trying to put pressure on us. Even after Baelfire died, they are still restless in their struggle against us. To destroy us – heretics – and bring back their stupid deities.

Won’t happen.

in Charr

Posted by: Naranek.3467

Naranek.3467

Of my 3 charr, two support the treaty, and one is ambivalent. There, the similarities end, as they all have very different feelings towards the humans.

Sempronia Nightclaw openly despises them and doesn’t trust them. She understands the (momentary) need for the treaty, but treaties can be…amended…as situations dictate. It is a tool like any other; much like the humans themselves, who can be useful allies (read: cannon fodder) and maybe even a few exceptional individuals can earn her respect. Then again, an Ash Legion necromancer doesn’t have much trust to begin with.

Mordechai Frostmane is a Blood Legion warrior who joined the Durmand Priory (I always liked the idea of a cultured warrior) because he is inquisitive and fascinated by other cultures. He is interested in human history, society, beliefs, and so on; he doesn’t exactly like humans, but gets along with them fine. The treaty makes sense to him, and should form the base of a new period of peaceful relations.

Tiberia Falcongaze is compassionate, loyal, and just; a Guardian through and through. Anyone seeking her protection, be they human, ogre, dredge, even Flame Legion, may shelter behind her shield. And pray to whichever false god you believe in should you try to harm those to whom she has given succor. As a member of Iron Legion, she works for the betterment of all sentients (charr first, of course) and the defeat of the Elder Dragons. The treaty is not only useful, it is the right thing to do.

in Charr

Tarreth.8914

And then, a wild Iron Legion Centurion/Tribune appears just before Tiberia Falcongaze, while she’s protecting an Flame Legion rat.
Oh, hello there, traitor~

What then?

in Charr

Kalavier.1097

And then, a wild Iron Legion Centurion/Tribune appears just before Tiberia Falcongaze, while she’s protecting an Flame Legion rat.

What then?

Besides the fact a flame legion member would never seek protection from a female charr?

She might be protective of any who need it, but if they refuse any aid or attack her they make themselves an enemy. Don’t jump to conclusions too fast :P.

in Charr

Tarreth.8914

It might end, like Shaman sire storyline, true, but face it: it’s a an exception against a rule.

in Charr

Naranek.3467

What then?

Ah. To be lawful or to be good, in other words?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ToBeLawfulOrGood
First of all she’s naive, but not stupid beyond all self-preservation; she’d need to have some reason to believe that this particular Flame Legionnaire isn’t positioning himself to put a knife in her ribs. After that, it gets really interesting. Is it just to let a traitor go free? Is it just to betray another, even one already marked by betrayal? Loyalty to warband and Legion weighed against personal ethics and species commonality, given that the former are to a large part informed by the latter. If her warband sees her breaking her word or violating her code for selfish reasons, does it not mean that she might do the same to them? Isn’t upholding the Law a duty in itself? Is any crime irredeemable?
Can good be served through evil agencies, or do those agencies of necessity corrupt?

She doesn’t know. Her old farhar, Tullius Trumpetcall, used to challenge her and fellow students all the time. One day he’d say that “Law applied to its extreme is the greatest injustice”; the next he’d say, “We are not born, we do not live for ourselves alone; our country, our friends, have a share in us.”

in Charr

Naranek.3467

What then?

Besides the fact a flame legion member would never seek protection from a female charr?

She might be protective of any who need it, but if they refuse any aid or attack her they make themselves an enemy. Don’t jump to conclusions too fast :P.

Indeed. She might decide that the right thing to do is to keep this theoretical Legionnaire as safe as a newborn cub in its mother’s arms right up to the point where she delivers him to the Black Citadel’s jailor and then trust in the better judgment of her superiors, feeling that both duty and honor have been satisfied. The scenario is useful precisely because it is so far-fetched.

in Charr

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Her superiors wouldn’t share her compassion for Flame Legion – she’d be delivering him to torture and execution.

Anyway… my Charr has spent enough time in the Fields of Ruin protecting Ebonhawke and the treaty delegation for enough time that to her, the conflict is now between the Treaty Supporters such as her own warbands, the Renegades, and Separatists. Her own warband has suffered and lost too much defending and protecting the treaty to turn her back on it, and she plans to engage in intitiatives to aid in Charr/Ebonhawke relations bonding (Such as establishing a paramilitary scout organization for children and cubs that serves similar to Warband upbringing, without completely sacrificing family and generational ties).

If the treaty is threatened in any way between the two… well, her actions depend on who starts the kitten.

If its High Legion command that decides to try and annul the peace treaty – Well, the number of Renegades she has to kill has just dramatically increased, but she and her warbands are willing to give their lives to continue to protect the treaty between the Sentinels and Ebonhawke, even if it means fighting against the entire might of the High Legions themselves.

If the human throne breaks/tries to annul the treaty, the people of Ebonhawke face a decision – Either they reject Kryta’s rejection of the treaty, at which point she’d try to convince them to stand with the Charr to defend their mutual homeland from the Krytan invaders, or they reject the treaty as well – and if the people of Ebonhawke reject the treaty, she will do her best to slaughter the entire city down to the last man, woman, and child for the betrayal of everything she had sacrificed to protect, along with any Asura who support the traitors through use or restriction of the gates.

in Charr

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Well, our next target is Kryta. Who will stand in our way? Bunch of baby-dolls and couple of boysband members?

Ascalonians stood a fight at least. Krytans were just lucky because of the White Mantle. In the past.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Charr

Kalavier.1097

The legions cannot afford a war against Kryta. The logistics alone make it impossible.

in Charr

Tarreth.8914

Rym, I thought I heard you mumbling. Bored? Get yourself to the armory and clean it all, so i’ll get blind when I enter that room. Double time, soldier!

in Charr

Posted by: King Bean.2409

King Bean.2409

My Charr warrior, Asgard Hammerfell, agrees with the treaty, although he believes the Humans are weak, he believes that it is in everyone’s best interest to achieve a treaty and clear the lands of ghosts and Flame Legion before waging war upon the Humans again, his opinions of the Humans haven’t changed but feelings must be put aside for now otherwise there will be no one to fight or conquer, besides, Ascalon has been reclaimed and that is enough for now, he also believes that once the Dragons have been defeated, attention can be turned upon the ghosts and Flame Legion, after that… The Humans >:)

in Charr

Posted by: demoncijapsel.4650

demoncijapsel.4650

My Charr Warrior, has considered the treaty to be an golden opportunity. On one hand, it proves, in his view, that the Humans still consider themselves better then everybody else, which is made evident by their refusal to give up fort Ebonhawke.
However the Elder dragons have the current priority, it has offered the chance of gathering Intelligence on the humans. Once the dragons are dealt with, or just contained, he is planning to start the conflict again…

Yaks Bend
Badger Spirits

in Charr

CETheLucid.3964

My Charr Warrior, has considered the treaty to be an golden opportunity. On one hand, it proves, in his view, that the Humans still consider themselves better then everybody else, which is made evident by their refusal to give up fort Ebonhawke.
However the Elder dragons have the current priority, it has offered the chance of gathering Intelligence on the humans. Once the dragons are dealt with, or just contained, he is planning to start the conflict again…

We see it different. After we rightfully reclaimed everything that belonged to us, a defeated humanity came on their knees with our heritage in hand begging for mercy.

Ebonhawk is a pity reward.

More trouble than it’s worth and if that’s the crux of it, it’s acceptable to let the humans their one small fortress in Ascalon in the heart of Ash Legion territory.

They’re not gonna sneeze loudly without us knowing about it. It has the added benefit of incorporating their better fighters to our own causes.

The Ebonhawk fighters are skilled. They have their uses.

It’s stupid to reignite a war we already finished. That’s like ripping open a freshly stitched wound. That’s how some of those mice think. Let them bleed out for it.

in Charr

Posted by: Ishmael.6740

Ishmael.6740

Mereen Brightclaw, Ash Legion Thief, agrees wholeheartedly with he treaty, seeing the war with humanity mostly as a Flame Legion Shaman thing – A pitiful lot she despises for turning the proud charr race in a pietistic mockery of a people and will disagree with on principle.
This allows her to be much more open minded about humanity and the treaty, seeing that a well forged pact between Tyrias races will be their best weapon against another attempt of fundamentalistic Leadership for any of them.
She’d rather aid humanity in a struggle against, say, religious White Mantle Idiots, than try to subdue humans for another stupid Bunch of Gods.
Especially since she joined the Order of Whispers and worked with humans, learning that possibilities grow when racial boundaries are overcome.

It’s not just the elder dragons, it’s a whole lot of threats every race has to deal with and each of them can be fended off better together.

My charr can’t stand idiots and respects logical thinking and rationality, regardless of race.

in Charr

Posted by: Kopa.4206

Kopa.4206

As a Charr i say this “People should know when they are conquered”….. if they are coming to negotiate…. the only negotiating we are doing is how many of their young should be eaten