Your Charr's Personality

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: linatribal.5246

linatribal.5246

Topic title pretty much says it all. There’s the in-game mechanic where your character’s personality is determined by choices you’ve made at character creation and interaction with NPCs (charm/dignity/ferocity), or perhaps you’d like to share your charr’s personality from a frequent, roleplayer perspective. Feel free to share!

While I don’t normally roleplay — I have grown very attached to my Charr character and tend to find myself interacting with players (and of course the NPCs) in a ‘noble’ manner (bowing or saluting to them, etc), rather than just a “Thanks” or whatever. It’s rather surprising, but I guess I’ve become so attached to her noble personality, that’s rubbing off on me.

“I love the Power Glove. It’s so bad.”
GM of Silent Striders (Borlis Pass).
AKA: Rayva Galeshot or Rayva Grimclaw

(edited by linatribal.5246)

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: AuldWolf.7598

AuldWolf.7598

I tend to revolve my characters around a single obsession. Most of the time my guys are fighting things, as charr, so they need something to keep them sane. For example, one of my guys likes fixing things. So whenever he sees something that’s broken, he stops to fix it. And he sees everything, every potential problem, as just an issue to fix. And that everything does have a fix for it, if you understand the problem.

Usually, by having a core facet to the personality like that, you can work outwards and figure out what the character is going to be like. What their weaknesses and strengths will be. Where they derive what charisma they have from, and what plagues them, what haunts them, what makes them real.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Trismegistos.3046

Trismegistos.3046

since all the charr are like “rawr!! this is charr-ta!!” i made mine a softie.
he is a guardian. yes, charr guardian! shut up
with dinky as a buddy, and a flame legion father.
and he’s all dignified n stuff :P
leveling in norn lands.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Pietoro.2014

Pietoro.2014

My Ash Legion Engineer is Diplomatic, which I think suits her.

+Gaura Havocshot – Engineer
+Felzza – Elementalist
+Roienna – Guardian

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Ken Virgo.6084

Ken Virgo.6084

My charr’s personality is that he is a charmer. He doesnt mind flirting with the ladies and weirdly enough is a nice guy(charr) :P But he is not a doormat and will not hesitate to tell any meat or mouse where the line is and what happens if they cross it.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Ofeigr.7013

Ofeigr.7013

My charr is a pragmatic, intelligent but aloof character. He does whatever job he has in front of him, and does it well.
However he dislikes interaction with other people, be they charr or otherwise, and prefers to be alone tinkering or studying tomes.
He also dislikes the limelight, preferring to help others achieve greatness, instead of doing so himself, though with the story of GW2 it’s rather difficult as you ARE the hero, but I make do. Most uncharr-ish I know but going against the mold makes every story that much more interesting.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Gregam.6123

Gregam.6123

My charr is a go getting, rough and tumble lady. She prefers to talk before drawing her weapons, but will smash anyone that draws their weapon in anger.
She also enjoys exploring and seeing new sights. If there is a cave, she must delve it.
If their is an innocent in distress she will make sure whatever is causing the “disturbance” is taken care of… permanently. When in town she can get a little carried away with the drink. Usually she is found on the floor after her bouts with it. All of this she does with a smile and good cheer.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: pxdnninja.9235

pxdnninja.9235

I am a soldier start to finish. I am a member of Blood Legion and will always follow the teachings of said legion.

Negotiations are for politicians and businessmen. I am a weapon to be used against our enemies, and to help aid our allies. If you challenge me to a duel, I will fight with honor, but if you are enemy to my people, I will fight to win.

My warband is my family, and if you mess with my family I will hunt you down.

If I am your ally, you will find me to be loyal, honorable, and highly disciplined to our cause.
If I am your enemy, you will find me armed, dangerous, and highly lethal. May the gods have mercy on you, because I will not.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

My Charr’s appearance and personality are based loosely on that of my cat. Which I find hilarious. In any given situation, I just ask myself “What would Moggin do?” Usually it involves smashing and breaking things, so his in-game personality is of course Brute.

I find this basis especially ideal for a rifle-focused engineer, as his primary mode of attack is POUNCING ON THINGS (with Rifle Jump) and when he needs to flee it’s Overcharge Shot + Rocket Boots for this absurd backwards tumbling explosionretreat that is just so him.

So while the end result is closer to a traditional Charr than many of those posting here, it’s certainly not because I’m taking things seriously or anything.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Yeah I can understand the complexities of having your own warband for the skill, but still it would be pretty awesome.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Ecrulis.2058

Ecrulis.2058

Being a thief in the Ash legion I like to think Ecrulis wields his ferocity with a strategists mind if that makes sense. Not necessarily brutal but not a pushover either, hes reserved but vicious when its needed but can be diplomatic when the occasion calls for it.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: VincentCross.6954

VincentCross.6954

“Hulk smash!”

That’s his personality in a nut shell.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

“Hulk smash!”

That’s his personality in a nut shell.

That’s mines personailty as well, only, hes not a warrior but a necromancer. There really is no good trait for a necromancer, dealings with the dead aren’t really charismatic, or noble, or brute force types of things, but out of the three I picked the one that at least to some point made sense for a necromancer to have.

~Lone Shadow~

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: TheRoyalBastard.7380

TheRoyalBastard.7380

My Charr is an Iron Legion Engineer. He’s a kitten, and cut off his own horns to get his head farther up the kitten of his machines. He walks with a limp and has terrible hearing due to his many industrial accidents. But, he’s an excellent engineer, a competent smith, and a half-decent commander in combat situations. Oh, and he makes up for his kitten-ness with a really big gun.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: TheRoyalBastard.7380

TheRoyalBastard.7380

Hmmm… Guild Wars forums turns all swear words into kitten. I see what they did there.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Gofr.5794

Gofr.5794

The idea I put into my charr is that he has a very short fuse. Naturally that means he’s a brute type of personality. I played it into his name, opting to give him a title as his name. Garn the Rageblade. Basically he likes to rage into battle alot, swords swinging ablaze, so don’t make him angry! lol

Gofr, Asura Elementalist;
Garn the Rageblade, Charr Warrior;
Crystal Desert; Member of Crack Clan

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: TheCelt.1394

TheCelt.1394

I’m trying to get my Charr the ‘Militant’ personality. Initially, I chose Dignity, and went full on ‘Noble’, until I found out you could combine the different personality traits to make sub-personalities, such as ‘Militant’. Woe is me.

Edit: Toryk Steelflint is an Engineer of the Iron Legion. He is loyal, intelligent, rational, and perceptive. He is a brilliant tactician. However, he has a very low tolerance for cowardice, stupidity, and insubordination. Despite this, he has a soft spot for the helpless and innocent, and will go out of his way to save or help those that cannot do so themselves. He is slow to trust, but once he has trust in something or someone, it’s very strong.

“It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument”. -William G. McAdoo

(edited by TheCelt.1394)

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Lifelike.5862

Lifelike.5862

I chose to mainly go with charm for my Charr. Ignus Ashmaster comes from a family who’ve been loyal members of the Flame Legion for generations and have only recently divided. He still personally believes in the Flame Legion’s original ideals, but allies with the Ash legion in order to survive and avoid being branded as a traitor. He has a strong interest in human religion and believes Charr in general to be closed-minded and shortsighted. Because he’s used to hiding his beliefs and Flame Legion sympathy, he’s gotten very good at lying and flattering to get his way. So charm mixed with a little nobility to represent his pride.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: DrakeWurrum.6049

DrakeWurrum.6049

I just stuck with Ferocity, and am now full on Barbaric. :o

At least, with my Charr Warrior I did.

I hope you haven’t forgotten my role in this little story. I’m the leading man.
You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

My female charr theif is a bit nutty. Kinda like that robot from Futurama that’s always stabbing at things with his knife.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

My Ash Legion Thief, Charrlatan, has a rogue’s silver tongue. He learned swindling people openly with a little charisma is just as effective as rifling their pockets and is much more sly than violence. It takes some real skill to convince people that they REALLY want what you want.

The best part.. they don’t expect a Charr to be a smooth talker, they expect direct and aggressive. By the time they realize they just got hustled big time by a Charr, he’s long gone.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: JamesPies.6342

JamesPies.6342

My Charr Engineer Rustbane earned his name as a cub, due to his ability to fix and customize machines which is exceptional even by Charr standards. Due to his father being an Honourless Gladium, he had to find his own place in society and had nothing given to him.

He respects all three Warbands and had a hard time deciding which band he would swear his loyalty to, but eventually came to the conclusion that the Iron Legion was the mightiest.
The Blood Legion need not die on the field should they have the right weaponry.

The Ash Legion claim stealth is the greatest weapon, but what great way is there to deceive the foe then force them to face an army with weapons that are evolving at such a rapid rate the opponents must re-learn their foes every battle?

The Iron Legion are paving the way to the future, and Rustbane intends to be at the forefront of a glorious new age of iron.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Kopa.4206

Kopa.4206

MY is a CHarr engineer he will eat you if you push the wrong buttons and he need a place to crash smash and conquer

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Lord English.7598

Lord English.7598

There’s a bit of a disconnect between Kella in game mechanics and Kella in RP.

Kella in RP is a witty, if shy, Charr Engineer that encompasses more of the utility side of engineering than the weapons manufactoring side. She’s got anxieties, and she’s a little off, and much more noble than the game mechanics side. She follows the rules as best she can.

In the personal story, I simply cannot help myself from picking the sarcastic and witty option, and thus, Kella has achieved the rank of Captivating, when she should be somewhere between Charming and Noble. But, there’s also the fact that much of what’s happened in her personal story didn’t happen to her in RP, so… Things change. Other things impacted her more, and some didn’t happen at all.

I love playing ’er.

Charrgineer.

What is steampunk without a lot of steam, and a little punk?

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Ironfungus.6178

Ironfungus.6178

Iron Legion warrior, soon-to-be commander. Naturally: Militant.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Gaianus.5324

Gaianus.5324

Tryvalas, my Blood Legion warrior, is a charming Ladies’ man- at least, that’s what he likes to think. Sometimes, he can be genuinely charming, other times, (that is, most times) it falls flat on his face. He’s quick with snarky comments, too.

This might have come off from spending practically all his Fahrar days with Reeva, who he fancied in his younger days. After a botched advance in which he thoroughly got his tail handed to him by Reeva, he settled with just being friends. His self esteem is fragile, at best- he will overtly boast about his strength and prowess in battle, which, being a Centurion in the Blood Legion, is boast-worthy, but the boasts are, more often than not, for trying to convince himself he’s competent than trying to belittle anyone around him.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Does anyone know what exactly the choices effect? I mean I know there’s the three bars for dignity, ferocity, and charm, but do those have effects themselves? I swear I noticed some of my characters saying different things when just randomly doing stuff out in the world, but I’ve never been entirely sure if by chance I’d just never noticed those exclamations before.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Does anyone know what exactly the choices effect? I mean I know there’s the three bars for dignity, ferocity, and charm, but do those have effects themselves? I swear I noticed some of my characters saying different things when just randomly doing stuff out in the world, but I’ve never been entirely sure if by chance I’d just never noticed those exclamations before.

I’m pretty sure that that it’s just cosmetic, or opens different conversation nodes later in the game. I don’t think it affects actual gameplay.

My Charr Engineer is “Diplomatic” (charisma/dignity).

Attachments:

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

My charr Ash Legion ranger is working toward ‘Militant’ (dignity/ferocity). Seems to be fitting.

The Brisban Wildlands heart where you infiltrate a bandit camp (and have a completely different skill bar) is one example I remember. Being full Noble on my main norn elementalist allowed me to avoid some fights by choosing a noble specific dialog option. Doing it on another alt (sylvari mesmer, building charm) would not give me that option, but I could use the charm options on some different npc’s in that heart that noble didn’t work on.

That particular heart was the most prominent one, but I do remember it used elsewhere.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

My Charr Elementalist is “Kitty La Boom Boom”. She is Blood Legion, and tends to get into a lot of scraps. I think it stems from having daddy issues. Her sire was a traitorous shaman, and she’s had to fight for her honor every day of her life, especially in light of the fact that, despite her disgust at her sire and the path he chose, she has a fascination with fire.

Her favorite hobby is hunting down Flame legion members, and shouting: “So you like to play with fire, little boy?” just before she blows them up.

She is pretty ruthless. She chose the “Finish Him” option in one of the first personal story quests. She felt that the other option might return to bite her in the behind if left to fester in disgrace.

(edited by Kitty La Boom Boom.4065)

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I have a charr guardian named Riltmos, he was part of the Iron Legion until framed as a flame legion spy by his warband member, thus forced to flee the Black Citadel. As a result he has developed trust issues and tries to distance himself from people. He now works as a guard for a human noble family, with money and knowing he will beat up humans without getting into trouble as his motivation. He is normally calm and quiet, but he will start talking to the family and other workers if he is bored. Riltmos doesn’t mind too much working with humans so long as they don’t annoy him, if they do, they are usually thrown into the lake. He isn’t all calm and forgiving however, if someone pushes too many buttons too fast, he will go berserk and attempt to kill or melt their limbs off. While off duty, Riltmos will tinker with inventions in his house by the bridge in Beetletun, which helps calm him down after a long day of work, the inventions he makes are normally for house defenses and to protect the noble family.

Playable Tengu please!

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: EpicFace.8096

EpicFace.8096

My charr engie is called Fargon Ironfist, i only play him with my friend, Charr ranger Vriskus. We learned that (in personal story AWOL) we have the same sire, which means that Vriskus was my big brother. I am basically the very inventive and creative one, a very dreamy charr that is a weird one. He digs sunsets which is kinda weird for charr, and only Vriskus knows he does. He invented his first flamethrower yesterday, which he will show his brother tommorow in a huge burst of fire. He is currently traveling with his brother and just finished traveling the Plains of Ashford. Be tough, and nothing can touch you. Be smart, and you are the best you can be.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

She’s brutal, a charmer and a strong leader using her charisma to pump up the crowd or personal warband group.

Very optimistic and does care for others with motto of no one is left behind even in death We fight as one

Pineapples

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

I have a charr engineer, Ash Legion, who uses the charm stat not because hes a ladies man or a talker, or any other common stereotype. Hes charm because hes a mover and a shaker, an organizer, and a doer. Even as semi-barbaric as they come off, they are rather brilliant and innovative. They are the toughest and most rigid of what you see coming out of the Roman Empire era, thats why I like them so much. Aggressive enough they don’t take guff from anyone and smart enough to know to maintain their own structure. How can you not be charming with all that going for you? I walk with charisma as my iron horse. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I adore the fact that Charr live one by one word. TENACIOUS. It seems glorious to live and die to make the goal happen, and the entire time they grab at it with claw and fang. To me, that is the essence of really living. My toon may not have the conventional naming going for him, but the nickname he does have speaks enough for itself.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My Charr Warrior, Krushak Doomblade, can best be described as a sort of ruthless but shrewd general in the veins of Genghis Khan or Napolean. (His personality breakdown is something like 80% Ferocity, 15% Diplomatic, and 5% Charm. I can’t help but flirt back with Reeva and some female NPCs. XD) His enemies fear him for his savage, merciless behaviour in combat, but he inspires great loyalty and respect from his friends and warband for his refusal to let them take risks he would not take himself and for the way he can lead them to victory even against overwhelming odds.

Krushak is something of a racial supremacist in that he believes the Charr to be a superior race, destined to conquer and subjugate the other races in a kind of institutionalised semi-slavery. At the same time, he abhors abuse and cruelty for its own sake, decrying the excesses of the Flame Legion’s conquest of Ascalon. All races, he believes, can become an integral and valued part of the great Charr war machine. Yes, the Charr will be at the top of the heap, but actively seeking the destruction of other races is foolishness. Why destroy, when you can conquer, assimilate and utilise instead?

Above all though, Krushak is a pragmatist. He does not hesitate to change his mind or tactics if he sees something isn’t working or if it would provide less benefit than the resources expended in achieving it. He actually privately opposes the ongoing war against the Ascalonian ghosts, seeing it as a waste of manpower and resources that could be better spent directed towards the war against the Dragons. The ghosts aren’t going anywhere; they can always come back to the ghosts when the Dragons are defeated or when they have a surefire solution to putting the ghosts to rest once and for all.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: Shaftronics.8651

Shaftronics.8651

Among my Charr toons, all of them have varying differences in upbringing and experiences, as life in a fahrar can be significantly different between Legions. My Iron Legion mechanic is a bit more of an chemist, and his personality differs greatly when in combat as he’s pumped full of adrenaline and mild stimulants that he concocted for the legions’ general use without permanent side-effects, as well as a more efficient mixture of propellant for his flamethrower. Outside combat, he is a quiet, dignified yet fiery man, not afraid to speak his mind, yet being polite unless disrespected. In combat, he lets himself loose, living in the moment, allowing his inner combat pragmatism to work its charm.

My Ash legion character is a Mesmer and as such, with his Shaman sire, had grown up under a shadow of suspicion. Even so, his skill with blades is nothing to scoff at, capable of deflecting a rifle round. He uses his mesmeric abilities to compliment his aggressive combat style using two swords, although he has no qualms fully utilizing his mesmeric abilities channeled through a greatsword if the need arises. He has very few friends and as such, they share a close, unspoken bond with each other, though only Dinky survived, being a skilled Guardian. Has no qualms proving his worth of being in the Ash Legion, be it through his illusions and guile, to his skills with a blade, proving naysayers time and again that even “cowards in robes” can go toe-to-toe with a fully outfitted blood legion soldier with minimal use of music.

My Charr Guardian shares a history with Dinky, both being the smallest in their respective Fahrars and being picked upon for being a Guardian. While Dinky is stout-hearted to the end, my guardian is capable of being far more aggressive and tenacious, being very skilled with mauls and greatswords, many are taken aback and are demoralized at the sight of an apparent runt punting Flame Legion Blademasters around the field of battle with his maul. He is also a combat pragmatist, capable of using nearly any weapon, be it magical staves and scepters to blades and maces, he is capable of being in almost any situation.

All of them are fundamentally different, but yet the same. Respect, tenacity and their unwillingness to back down, roll over and let fate tell them what to do.

Your Charr's Personality

in Charr

Posted by: WarriorOfAsgard.3705

WarriorOfAsgard.3705

My charr is an Ash legion centurion. He has to be brutal and sometimes extremely barbaric in his actions to keep the warbands under his command in line. He is also an extremely efficient soldier himself and does whatever is necessary for the success of his missions. If he’s order to butcher a human minister he will do it without hesitation. Even to the point of risking his life. He’s also not above killing someone for looking at him the wrong way. There’s nothing better than gutting an impolite citizen of Lion’s Arch in the sewers or a dark alley in Divinity’s Reach.