suggestion: let charr hide boots please

in Charr

Posted by: Brick Mantooth.9520

Brick Mantooth.9520

Many of the Charr footwear models kind of look like afterthoughts. Most look like human shoes with the toes cut out and don’t look very appealing. Can we get an option to hide the foot armor like we do with helm and shoulders? I kind of feel like the charr really got the short end of the stick with armor. Especially medium armor since masks look a bit like feed bags.

in Charr

Posted by: AuldWolf.7598

AuldWolf.7598

I wouldn’t object to the option, but frankly I think that most of the boots are absolutely fine. Even the low level ones. They’re certainly better than the leg bands that most beast races get in other games.

in Charr

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Personally, I like how they did masks. Especially since they’re held on by looping them around the lower set of horns. It’s a nice little detail.

As far as footwear goes, I wouldn’t be opposed to the option to hide it, but I don’t really think it’s necessary.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in Charr

Posted by: Destroyer Bravo.5391

Destroyer Bravo.5391

Meh. I find my Charr engi look fine and kitten at level 28 with a rare dye plastered to his Ashford completion cloak.

in Charr

Posted by: Elan.7523

Elan.7523

Cannot stand the look of the feed bags we have for face masks on leather, but the boots? Fine by me. Also, in before puss in boots.

in Charr

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

All Charr wore footwear in GW1.

There were mostly wrappings and guards attached with belts, though. It’s not weird for them to wear footwear.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Charr

Posted by: Redrobin.5627

Redrobin.5627

Many of the Charr footwear models kind of look like afterthoughts. Most look like human shoes with the toes cut out and don’t look very appealing. Can we get an option to hide the foot armor like we do with helm and shoulders? I kind of feel like the charr really got the short end of the stick with armor. Especially medium armor since masks look a bit like feed bags.

Hahaha feed bags…for that meal on the go.

in Charr

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

what you ppl talkin bout. All charr foot wear looks the same.

in Charr

Posted by: ultrasonicpanda.1327

ultrasonicpanda.1327

I agree they need to redo the model of charr footwear to either look like foot wraps or we should be given the option to hide the boots. It just looks uncomfortable and unnatural for their toe claws and dew claw to be poking out of the sole and heels of boots.

in Charr

Posted by: Ghostrage.5127

Ghostrage.5127

I agree with the OP. Maybe its my bad luck with armor models im seeing at low level, but it looks dumb to me to have my charr trying to wear an obviously human-style boot. They have the rear toe+claw just jutting out the back like you poked a hole in the boot. On my Charr that I picked a very dark fur color, it isn’t as easily noticed. But on my Charr that I gave bright white fur, it looks ridiculous, and I would prefer to hide it and go barefoot.

in Charr

Posted by: Intelliraptor.5328

Intelliraptor.5328

I agree with this A lost of boots look fine but some look weird (Try the set in the character creator on the Elemantal, looks silly)

in Charr

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

(Bring this thread up!)
For RP this would be nice (RP while fighting). I also think, that if you can hide shoulders helmets and cloves, there would be no problem to let players the choice to hide boots also.

BTW: Asura should also have this option.

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

in Charr

Posted by: Zerco.4230

Zerco.4230

Let everyone hide boots please!

in Charr

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

I think the boots look ok, but I do agree that being able to hide them or have more foot wrap style shoes would be nice. (Even chest pieces would be nice to be able to hide sometimes)

The Legion Calls

in Charr

Maria Murtor.7253

There are plenty NPC’s of all cultures (even Human and Norn) wearing no boots. But I agree, that it looks odd. But Charr … I can’t adjust with their footwear.
I’m trying to compensate this affectedly with the Culture-Footweare. For light and heavy armor there are open boots (light culture 1; heavy culture 2 and 3). But I’m not really satisfied; and there are no such boots for middle armor. I love the old style (Guild Wars 1 – all – and Guild Wars 2 -Flame Legion, especially Igniter or Lava Shaman -) with just laces around the ankle.

(edited by Maria Murtor.7253)

in Charr

Posted by: Elan.7523

Elan.7523

T3 leather boots look decent, and functional. The metal plated toe talons and shield seem functional. A cross between metal boot and sandal. The only odd thing is that for some reason they have a red line on them where two surfaces connect.

in Charr

Maria Murtor.7253

At these prices they must look good … But I agree, I like this style. The Trapper Boots are looking logical for this Race, in contrast to 95 % of the other footwear in which Charr are deadlocked in human boots.

in Charr

Maria Murtor.7253

While I was playing the Living Story (Invasion of Fields of Ruin), I made a detour to the Varimhold-Outpost in the north-west corner of the map. Even there, so far away from the Black Citadel and the Charr-Starting-Area and such a hostile environment, you can see a lot Charr wearing no boots. Then there is the Dewclaw Village in south of Iron Marches: About or even more then 50 % of the NPC’s live there do not wear boots as well, and it appears, that they have no disadvantage while fighting. I can only repeat myself: It seems to be nothing special for Charr.
In the later game the only Charr you can see are members of the Pact (Durmand/Vigil/Whispers). In this case you only can see them wearing the Armor of their order (identifying feature). In all other cases it is devided (Area of Ascalon and Citys).

I have to admit that hiding boots is not always presentable. I’m playing a Mesmer and a Necromancer. Both of them are wearing a similar armor. I really like the style of the Ash-Legion, so my Mesmer has there typical appearance (T1 Boots, Coat and helmet , Ascalon Pants; the Acoltyhe-Shoulders looks great in this combination). Hiding boots
does’nt look good in this case. The same applies to my Necromancer. The Invoker’s Boots fit perfectly.
As a counter-example: I playing two warriors. They wear a similar armor. Hiding there footwear looks significantly better in both cases.
Then I do have a Ingineer, the only Charr without Sole-open-Boots (because something like this does not exist). He has the Magitech Boots, but I put them off more and more, so I play with only 5 armorpieces. I also have given him a new Furcolor a few days ago (his fur was brown with black stripes) and bought him very short Leggins to underline his new look.
It would be much easier to have the mentioned possibility to hide boots, or really good looking beast-footwear for all three profession types. And it would be great for the Roleplay!

BTW: In the Urban Battlegrounds (Fractal of mists) you may play a Charr no wearing boots. No disadvantage, so the optical possibilities do exist.

Attachments:

(edited by Maria Murtor.7253)