0-400 only gives 7 levels now ??

in Crafting

Posted by: Legionnaire.1586

Legionnaire.1586

So ever since the patch came out ive been hearing that crafting from 0-400 only gives you 7 levels, meaning all 5 disciplines will only get you 35 levels… Is this true? If so, has anyone found another substitution for leveling to 80 quicker besides doing repetitive hearts and story?

in Crafting

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

yea. just got my cooking to 400. went from lvl 21-28

in Crafting

Posted by: JuanOrez.3984

JuanOrez.3984

This is very sad.

in Crafting

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

This is correct.

The curve was changed when they introduced the increase to level 500 for weaponsmith, huntsman and artificer. The crafting from 400 to 500 is meant to net you the extra 3 levels, but it’s a horrific price to pay if you’re poor considering the cost of ori, wood and ecto’s.

And there are 8 crafting disciplines by the way, not 5. This will net you 56 levels.

If you had characters old enough, you’d be getting birthday presents. These include a scroll to get you from level 1 to level 20 on use. If you then level each craft to 400, you add 56 to this and you end up only 4 levels from 80. Which isn’t so bad.

in Crafting

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

all 8 crafts from 0-400 took me to lvl 62 the other day.

in Crafting

Posted by: OverlordOutpost.5961

OverlordOutpost.5961

This needs to be rolled back or fixed, it nerfs the best way to level up alts easily and makes crafting leveling to 80 prohibitively expensive.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I think with the addition of 1-20 scrolls it’s not that bad. Had there not been the addition…yeah would kinda stink.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Is it really surprising? They’ve gone back on every promise up to now from their so-called manifesto, other than making a game, at least it made it to release. So much for the possibility of getting to 80 with crafting… and maxing out all crafts at the moment would cost 385$ in gems converted to gold.

Buy to play, but pay to win.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Crafting

Posted by: crpNOP.4165

crpNOP.4165

I join this protest. You could make the scroll usable at any level. I heard level xp progression is linear, but if It’s not, you can make the scroll give less levels the higher level you use it. This would mitigate the change.

Cheers,
crp

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This needs to be rolled back or fixed, it nerfs the best way to level up alts easily and makes crafting leveling to 80 prohibitively expensive.

Why are you assuming this was not part of what they wanted? If you want to “buy” a Level 80, maybe it SHOULD be expensive.

I think any Dev would be the first to admit that being able to buy a LVL 80 that never left it’s home city was NOT the intended use of crafting. I don’t recall anything in the manifesto that ever guaranteed you could buy your way to LVL 80 without ever picking up a weapon. The fact that so many here THINK that is a legit way to level up is pathetic.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Crafting

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Crafting was intended to assist in leveling it was not intended to simply easily level a character to 80. To those that choose to do it this method I hardly feel your complaints about cost are justified.

in Crafting

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Crafting was intended to assist in leveling it was not intended to simply easily level a character to 80. To those that choose to do it this method I hardly feel your complaints about cost are justified.

Then why did they make such a big deal out of “you can craft from 1-80?” It was a feature, but they decided to adjust it – oh well.

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

yeah they severely gimpt that system because someone in canada way back leveled from 1-80 on one of their toons without stepping foot outside of the major city for his race and taking donations from his guild mates to level the crafting.

Doesn’t make any sense to me that they would nerf it that drastically either considering this was supposed to be a game where you could play as you like and we all know a certain portion of every mmo community are simply crafters and nothing more.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Crafting

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I’m not especially interesting in buying to 80, but this patch basically screws over everyone who had not done all of the crafting leveling before the update. People who had done so got their 10 lvls and now they get more from 400-500. People who didn’t now get 7 lvls where they got 10, don’t get the extra 3 lvls from having it beforehand, and have to pay exorbitant amounts to get the last 3 lvls in the first place. I would have much preferred that 0-400 still gives 10 lvls and then you get more from 400-500.

tl;dr The people who were done leveling crafting before the update get a bonus and the people who didn’t got 3 less lvls and have to pay exorbitant amounts for the last 3 lvls.

in Crafting

Posted by: Twisted Metal.4879

Twisted Metal.4879

I agree to this as well. They need to roll back the crafting to 1-400 = 10 levels.

Why didn’t they wait till after they released all the crafting skill to 500 to do this? Why didn’t they do it for only the ones that can go to 500?

They mentioned a lot of time, you can level from nothing but crafting to max level. Now you can’t.

They kept saying “Play your way” “Play how you want to play” my way of playing is leveling to 80 quickly so I can go any where in the game, instead of seeing the same few maps over and over. I want to run the Personal story line from 1-80 non stop. But no~ I can’t play my way. Can’t play how I want to play.

You can’t trust any thing a game company promises any more, they will say any thing you want to hear to get you to buy the game, but then just screw you over once they sell enough.

in Crafting

Posted by: TomIOM.8527

TomIOM.8527

Agreed 100%. I had all the mats to level 1-400 on my alt. Logged in after the patch and only got 7 levels. Was pretty annoyed to say the least. Seems unfair that anyone who leveled before got 10 levels out of it + the bonus levels from 400-500, and anyone after is punished.

I always just assumed that if new levels were being added, it would be in addition to existing XP, to minimize the negative effect on anyone not interested in the ascended weapons (such as myself).

And I’d like to point out that there are people who don’t level 1-80 using crafting, but DO use it to supplement alt leveling, as has always been intended by Anet. On all my alts I max out 2 professions to give me a break from leveling. This now gives my alts 14 levels, compared to the 20 it used to. This is quite a large difference.

TL;DR The new change sucks. Put it back the way it should be to avoid a split where half of players gain more of an advantage from the patch than others.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sylvarian.1765

Sylvarian.1765

Question: Was this change announced in any way by Anet (via patch notes, etc.); or has it just been discovered by players who recently (since the last patch) leveled a crafting discipline to 400?

I read all the dev discussions, patch notes, etc since July, and don’t recall any mention of this change.

Thanks

in Crafting

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

Didn’t see anything about it in the patchnotes either. Could be just me though..

Anyway, don’t worry guys, you can always buy tons of BL chests and use the level up items you find in there to get your alts to 80!

Ok, seriously..imo 0-400 should be the usual 10 levels, 400-500 should be like another 5. It’s definitely not gold efficient to level up beyond 400 if you only plan to level up, but who knows..
Weaponsmith 400-500 is around 200g..let’s think about it..worth 3 levels? Don’t think so..

I was planning to craft-levelup my 5th toon in these days but i’m rethinking it now..and of course, if one isn’t willing to level up more characters, he probably won’t buy more character slots, bag slots, gem store stuff for the new characters and so on..so what’s the point of the crafting nerf? Everyone looses in it, both the playerbase *and * ANet..

in Crafting

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

I have no objections to the experience gained from crafting being distributed across 500 levels, when 500 levels are obtainable.

I do, however, strenuously object to the 500 level distribution being applied when 400 is still the max obtainable.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zerroth.2401

Zerroth.2401

QQing for the sake of QQing…….

Three levels is nothing, why even complain… You still gain 10 lvls from maximizing your crafting to 500….so at the end of the year ,you can have a toon fully lvled from only crafting as long as you have the gold to do so…….. This is excellent because what is happening is now crafting will actually start being useful as less people use it as an easy ride to up lvl.

in Crafting

Posted by: Onyxpanther.7189

Onyxpanther.7189

Why are you assuming this was not part of what they wanted? If you want to “buy” a Level 80, maybe it SHOULD be expensive.

I think any Dev would be the first to admit that being able to buy a LVL 80 that never left it’s home city was NOT the intended use of crafting. I don’t recall anything in the manifesto that ever guaranteed you could buy your way to LVL 80 without ever picking up a weapon. The fact that so many here THINK that is a legit way to level up is pathetic.

I couldn’t have said it any better myself.

in Crafting

Sylvarian.1765

Actually, it was intended that players could level to 80, only using crafting. See the following article:

Leveling to 80 through pure crafting possible in Guild Wars 2

“…as ArenaNet designer Linsey Murdock has revealed on the forums that, with some hard work and perseverance, players will be able to level all the way to level 80 by doing nothing but crafting.”

The article goes on to say: “According to Murdock’s post (viewable only if you have access to GW2’s beta forums), it works something like this: Leveling a single crafting profession to level 400 will grant enough XP to gain 10 character levels. As a result, by maxing out all eight crafting professions, a player can go all the way to the level cap without ever laying hand on a weapon.”

Also, the Guild Wars 2 Wiki Crafting article currently states: "…characters earn normal experience at the same time, making it possible to progress a character all the way to level 80 through crafting alone. "

So, I am hoping the reduction of gained levels from 10 to 7 for reaching 400 in a crafting discipline is a mistake, and will be reversed and corrected.

I’m going to contact support to find out.

in Crafting

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I would have thought it was a bug IF it only affected disciplines with 500 as maximum level cap.

But since there are people stating that they got only 7 levels from cooking, I am starting to think otherwise.

Not to mention that now, even with a huge amount of gold, it will simply NOT be possible to level from 1 to 80 through crafting alone, since you will gain at best 65 levels from crafting. So I think it will get fixed eventually.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

1-2 tutorial
2-20 scroll
20-76 crafting 7lvlsx8crafts

in Crafting

Brother Grimm.5176

Then why did they make such a big deal out of “you can craft from 1-80?” It was a feature, but they decided to adjust it – oh well.

Please provide a Dev quoting this as a game “feature” or as some sort of promotional media…..I think you are highly confused about who said what about crafting and leveling.

yeah they severely gimpt that system because someone in canada way back leveled from 1-80 on one of their toons without stepping foot outside of the major city for his race and taking donations from his guild mates to level the crafting.

You are also mistaken. This method of “leveling” has been used by multitudes of players to simply “buy” a Level 80 character. I doubt who did it first has any bearing on this change (and I’m not sure it was something intentional to thwart “buy Level 80”….only a Dev could answer that.

Doesn’t make any sense to me that they would nerf it that drastically either considering this was supposed to be a game where you could play as you like and we all know a certain portion of every mmo community are simply crafters and nothing more.

While I know it’s 30%…..exactly how is that “drastic”?
400/500 = 0.8
7/10 = 0.7 (and this is likely closer to 8 levels than 7)
The ratio seems to track, so the change appears to just spread the XP over the full range of Crating.

While I don’t disagree that it is now much more expensive to get the additional 3 levels per craft, 3 levels is easy to get otherwise….so just don’t get them via crafting if the expense bothers you.

It seems obvious to me that the lack of any “announcement” in the patch notes is an indication of ANet’s thoughts on using crafting as a means to level up…..not intended so not worth a “warning”.

Hey, keep whining about it as Anet has changed things that matter much more for less QQing by players.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

It is a fix. It fixes the problem of people leveling up all of their alts for cheap using nothing but crafting. If you’re going to be able to skip straight to max level in an hour with no fighting, it better be expensive.

If you do nothing but craft, why does it even matter what level you are? The are very few level restrictions on crafting, and you can easily make up the difference in experience from an experience scroll, gathering your own materials, exploring the cities, or daily achievements (including crafter, karma spender, mystic forgesmith, recycler, and laurel vendor).

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

in Crafting

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

QQing for the sake of QQing…….

Three levels is nothing, why even complain… You still gain 10 lvls from maximizing your crafting to 500….so at the end of the year ,you can have a toon fully lvled from only crafting as long as you have the gold to do so…….. This is excellent because what is happening is now crafting will actually start being useful as less people use it as an easy ride to up lvl.

I have already said something similar earlier in the thread, but since you seem not to have read it, I will restate it.

I am not talking about leveling 2-80 through crafting, because that is a different argument/issue. I am talking about who gains and who is shafted by the change. The person who has 8-15 toons all with fully leveled crafting, etc is the player who gains. They gain because they got their 10 levels per craft and now they get an additional 3 for 400-500. The person who has 1-7 toons who are nowhere close to finishing crafting are the people who get shafted. These players now get 7 levels for the same money/crafting levels as the earlier people got 10. To get the last 3 they don’t get from 0-400, they have to spend exorbitant amount of money. Further, they don’t get the “extra” 3 levels the first group of people got.

To address what you said directly, no you do not still get 10 lvls for 0-500. You used to get 10 for 0-400 and now you get 7 for 0-400. Now those last three lvls cost a couple hundred gold on top of the 0-400 cost. You also don’t (yet) get all 80 from crafting because every discipline is affected, not just the weapon making ones. Yes, you can get 10 lvls through crafting if you have the gold, put instead of paying 13g or so like you used to, you pay 213g or so for the exact same levels.

tl;dr Yes, you can still pay to craft those 10 lvls but it now costs an exorbitant amount more and those who did it pre-patch also get 3 more lvls. So no, this part of the patch is not good, fair, or useful.

in Crafting

Posted by: CornFlakes.8241

CornFlakes.8241

got only 7 levels too ::( how sad

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

You also now get to 20 for free with a scroll.

in Crafting

Sylvarian.1765

The person who has 1-7 toons who are nowhere close to finishing crafting are the people who get shafted.

This pretty accurately describes my situation:

I currently have 3 level 80 characters (an Ele, Ranger and Warrior). The first two I leveled with no crafting. The third one I leveled the first 20 levels the standard way; and then I used six crafting professions (60 levels) to level the rest of the way to 80. I did this since doing it with events, hearts etc. felt way too stale for me by this point. I found doing it this way gave me a chance to understand my character/profession (during the first 20 levels), yet I didn’t become bored with a now repetitive level grind (by crafting the remaining 60 levels).

I found this method so satisfying that in early June I decided to make a plan to to simultaneously level up five more characters (the remaining five professions) – I would play the first 20 levels for each character, and level the last 60 levels for each through crafting. Currently, I’m at level 16 with all five characters. I play up a couple of levels with each character and then switch to another. I have been very happy with the game-play variety I get from doing this, while experiencing the available options/characteristics of each profession.

Then I stumbled upon this thread and I was both shocked and devastated. Three months of careful planning and preparation wiped out.

I had gathered a lot of gold and mats (with my level 80s) to cover all the crafting I would be doing. But with this change it won’t be nearly enough. Now, instead of crafting 30 disciplines to 400 (6 × 5 characters), I will have to do 45 disciplines to 400 (8 × 5 characters). In addition, eight crafting disciplines will now only yield 56 levels, instead of the 60 levels six crafting disciplines yielded before. So now I will have to play each character to level 24 (instead of 20). The cost in both time and resources is devastating.

Not surprisingly, all this has changed how I view this game. It has been made clear to me that I can not do any serious long-term planning here. Apparently, there wasn’t even any warning that such a drastic change would be coming.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sharptiger.4762

Sharptiger.4762

This could easily be a way to avert players from using crafting as their only means of leveling. I imagine that in such an open-world game like GW2, map completion or dungeon-diving is far more encouraged than simply maxing disciplines. Then again, crafting has been nerfed too much just like almost everything else that was efficient in this game. I started crafting thinking I’d make bank, because I kept encountering people who had hundreds of gold just from selling things off. I ended up spending WAY more money in the process alone than I earned from selling afterwards.
Oh, and let’s not forget all the great farming locations in Orr that have been tweaked so the mob drops are useless. Leveling and earning gold are the most pursued goals in the game, yet they’re just getting harder to achieve.

in Crafting

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

It is a fix. It fixes the problem of people leveling up all of their alts for cheap using nothing but crafting. If you’re going to be able to skip straight to max level in an hour with no fighting, it better be expensive.

If you do nothing but craft, why does it even matter what level you are? The are very few level restrictions on crafting, and you can easily make up the difference in experience from an experience scroll, gathering your own materials, exploring the cities, or daily achievements (including crafter, karma spender, mystic forgesmith, recycler, and laurel vendor).

Why should it be expensive? Levels are completely pointless in this game, why should I have to redo all this boring content (hearts/DEs) that I’ve done fifty billion times just to slowly grind to 80 before I can equip my char in gear and actually start doing stuff?

I’m playing a new char and now I don’t even feel like playing the game, I’m really not in the mood to do all this stupid old boring content for the hundreth time just so I have traits/utilities/gear and the ability to actually play the game (dungeons/wvw/etc).

This is incredibly stupid.

FYI: it was already pricey gold wise at 10 levels per craft.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Crafting from 400 to 500 costs so much for a single profession, that it’s currently (and for the near future) two to three times as expensive as to level another profession. If this change was done to prevent people from gaining more than 10 levels from one profession, it was far from needed.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Why should it be expensive? Levels are completely pointless in this game, why should I have to redo all this boring content (hearts/DEs) that I’ve done fifty billion times just to slowly grind to 80 before I can equip my char in gear and actually start doing stuff?

I’m playing a new char and now I don’t even feel like playing the game, I’m really not in the mood to do all this stupid old boring content for the hundreth time just so I have traits/utilities/gear and the ability to actually play the game (dungeons/wvw/etc).

This is incredibly stupid.

FYI: it was already pricey gold wise at 10 levels per craft.

“Levels are completely pointless in this game”. Then why do you care?

The great thing is that you can “actually start doing stuff” at any level. WvW scales you up. sPvP completely ignores your level. Activities don’t care what level you are. And if the “stuff” that you’re talking about it regular PvE, then why are you complaining that you have to do PvE stuff? If you just want to do a specific dungeon, then use a character that is already a high enough level, since the rewards and achievements are account-bound.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Well.. No surprises in the crafting nerf, it was in the patch notes. I don’t like it, but I’ve learned to care less about this game. Every time Anet does something good (Crafting is used for something else than leveling), it comes with a price. This time it was a nerf to crafting xp.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

I had gathered a lot of gold and mats (with my level 80s) to cover all the crafting I would be doing. But with this change it won’t be nearly enough. Now, instead of crafting 30 disciplines to 400 (6 × 5 characters), I will have to do 45 disciplines to 400 (8 × 5 characters). In addition, eight crafting disciplines will now only yield 56 levels, instead of the 60 levels six crafting disciplines yielded before. So now I will have to play each character to level 24 (instead of 20). The cost in both time and resources is devastating.

Not surprisingly, all this has changed how I view this game. It has been made clear to me that I can not do any serious long-term planning here. Apparently, there wasn’t even any warning that such a drastic change would be coming.

You can do as much long term planning in GW2 as you can do in any MMO, as long as you play it the intended way. That said: each and every MMO is about to change constantly. Long term planning is never safe in MMOs. And… no matter what is or has been possible in this game, no dev will ever have considered a player playing the game in your just quoted way.

And after all, no class is played the same at level 20 and at level 80. So if your strange way to play the game is capped for you at level 76 for each class, it offers you the chance to play each class for four additional levels, to really get in touch which each of them. Sounds not too bad for me either.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gubrz.7283

Gubrz.7283

this was pretty annoying when i went to level a necro up
he got to 67 or so, but it only took 2 nights in wvw to get him to 80, so it really wasnt that bad
but it WAS annoying that i still spent all that money and STILL had to level MORE lol

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

this was pretty annoying when i went to level a necro up
he got to 67 or so, but it only took 2 nights in wvw to get him to 80, so it really wasnt that bad
but it WAS annoying that i still spent all that money and STILL had to level MORE lol

2-20 from scroll
20-76 from crafting to only 400

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyrus.7028

Cyrus.7028

Can people tell me the pros and cons for this?

Because I only see cons
2-20 from scroll which I don’t even know where you get it from so please do tell.
And 20-76 from crafting 1-400 and last levels you have to pay 566g 18s(source http://gw2crafts.net/total.html) ? And you guys defending this and saying it is fair against the people who haven’t done this?

As DeShadowWolf.6854 said, it is for the same xp which you got before or even less?
Why not just give more xp 400-500 so it equals out g/per xp then the QQ would probily stop or just 1-400 turns you to 80 as it was before? I can’t see why people shouldn’t level to 80 by only crafting if that is what they wished to do.

and this:
I think any Dev would be the first to admit that being able to buy a LVL 80 that never left it’s home city was NOT the intended use of crafting.

How is that done? Either by playing and farming the gold = Playing their game or Turn Gems to gold ( if you know any other way please do tell ) = More Money for Anet = Since now you have a level 80 I bet you going to play it too, right?
Which is what “devs” want to achieve. More people playing = Attracs more people = More Money for Devs.
This system will probily make less people play since not everyone is fan of doing somethings over and over again just to reach 80 so they can do endgame PvE.And now you have to do other things to get to 80 which you even don’t want to do? Specially if you thinking of WvW leveling which is slow and also something that not many want to do? Does this even sound like a enjoyable game?

Forced to do PvP or grind hearts etc. that you have done with the past 8characters to 80 through PvE.

Anyways to make long post short please do tell the pros with a explanation on why you think this is more a pro then a con?

Small change that is doing a big impact of the gameplay and players enjoyment imho.

( Sorry for the English )

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Because I only see cons
2-20 from scroll which I don’t even know where you get it from so please do tell.
And 20-76 from crafting 1-400 and last levels you have to pay 566g 18s(source http://gw2crafts.net/total.html) ? And you guys defending this and saying it is fair against the people who haven’t done this?

You get the 2-20 scroll from your 1 year birthday gift and also from an Achievement Chest ( I think its at 5000 Achievement Points).

If you follow the gw2crafts.net guide and level all professions to 400 to get lvl 76, you pay around 76g.
The 566g you are quoting, are for lvling your 3 weaponcraft professions from 400-500, which is off topic and also not the best way to actually lvl your crafts from 400-500.

I actually made a small profit after selling the stuff i crafted getting all 3 professions to 500.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

Because I only see cons
And 20-76 from crafting 1-400 and last levels you have to pay 566g 18s(source http://gw2crafts.net/total.html) ?

And that’s as far as anybody is going to read that.
As of when I am reading it, Normal Guide – 77g41s46c, Fast Guide – 93g19s13c
Pretty sure the cost of everything didn’t drop that hard in… 4.5 hours

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Crafting

Cyrus.7028

Because I only see cons

You get the 2-20 scroll from your 1 year birthday gift and also from an Achievement Chest ( I think its at 5000 Achievement Points).

If you follow the gw2crafts.net guide and level all professions to 400 to get lvl 76, you pay around 76g.
The 566g you are quoting, are for lvling your 3 weaponcraft professions from 400-500, which is off topic and also not the best way to actually lvl your crafts from 400-500.

I actually made a small profit after selling the stuff i crafted getting all 3 professions to 500.

Seem like my post wasn’t clear… I meant what was typed here " The 566g you are quoting, are for lvling your 3 weaponcraft professions from 400-500 "
in addition to 1-400 on the craftings.

Let’s see if I can make this post short with better information:

Before:
All professions = 1-400 ~ 77g more or less = 80lvls

Total cost for 1 – 80 : 77g

After with scroll:
All professions =1-400 ~ 77g more or less = 76lvls
All weaponcraft professions = 400-500 ~ 566g more or less = 4lvls

Total cost for 1-80 : 643g (77g+566g)

I hope you guys do see the differences now…. if not.. then I have to give up I’m sorry xD.
The impact / problem is that this does not only affect people who craft for pure leveling.
————————————————
Maybe this is off-topic since he was not asking for this…. but I saw people were typing about it so I just followed the pack.
AND yes gw2craft.net may not be the best way to craft but I mainly used it for the COSTs of what it could cost to get craftings up

————————————————-

in Crafting

Brother Grimm.5176

This is how I imagine the Dev convo over this issue went at the “meeting”:

Dev#1: ….so this expansion of crafting to 500….do we give more XP for those levels?
Dev#2: Is it easier to add the levels with more experience or spread the curren XP across the full range.
Dev#3: Pretty sure it’s easier to spread the XP.
Dev#2: Do it that way.
Dev#4: That’s gonna PO some players that use crafting to speed level characters…
Dev#2: You mean the leveling where they don’t actually PLAY the game we slaved to make?
<Dev’s chuckle a bit>
Dev#1: Next item…..

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

Because I only see cons

Seem like my post wasn’t clear… I meant what was typed here " The 566g you are quoting, are for lvling your 3 weaponcraft professions from 400-500 "

Before:

After with scroll:

I hope you guys do see the differences now…. if not.. then I have to give up I’m sorry xD.
The impact / problem is that this does not only affect people who craft for pure leveling.
————————————————
Maybe this is off-topic since he was not asking for this…. but I saw people were typing about it so I just followed the pack.
AND yes gw2craft.net may not be the best way to craft but I mainly used it for the COSTs of what it could cost to get craftings up

————————————————-

Crafting the 3 weapon crafts to 500 would get you from lvl 76 to 85. Why are you doing that? If you’re worried about having to put some amount of effort in to make up those other 4 levels, do all 3 400-425’s in preparation and you’ll be somewhere around 78/79 and refining ore→ingot can actually be done at a profit even with tp taxes…

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Crafting

Cyrus.7028

Because I only see cons

Before:

After with scroll:

————————————————

————————————————-

Crafting the 3 weapon crafts to 500 would get you from lvl 76 to 85. Why are you doing that? If you’re worried about having to put some amount of effort in to make up those other 4 levels, do all 3 400-425’s in preparation and you’ll be somewhere around 78/79 and refining ore->ingot can actually be done at a profit even with tp taxes…

It’s not about being worried about putting some amount of effort… it’s about the gap you have to pay now for same thing as many others done before the change :S

in Crafting

Brother Grimm.5176

It’s not about being worried about putting some amount of effort… it’s about the gap you have to pay now for same thing as many others done before the change :S

Again, your concern is based on the fact that you do not believe this method of leveling is an exploit of the original intention of gaining levels in the game. It is (unless you or anyone else here can show me where a Dev has specifically stated that crafting is legit way to reach LVL 80 (all by itself….not as an addition to leveling normally)).

From that aspect it’s like any other exploit…people that took advantage of it were the lucky ones….move on.

(Note they did not completely fill in the hole, they just tossed a few dozen shovel full’s of dirt into it while expanding the crafting features).

in Crafting

Posted by: Dimlor.8203

Dimlor.8203

This is how I imagine the Dev convo over this issue went at the “meeting”:

Dev#1: ….so this expansion of crafting to 500….do we give more XP for those levels?
Dev#2: Is it easier to add the levels with more experience or spread the curren XP across the full range.
Dev#3: Pretty sure it’s easier to spread the XP.
Dev#2: Do it that way.
Dev#4: That’s gonna PO some players that use crafting to speed level characters…
Dev#2: You mean the leveling where they don’t actually PLAY the game we slaved to make?
<Dev’s chuckle a bit>
Dev#1: Next item…..

Cept those players that used to speed level though crafting already PLAYED the game?

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

0-76 will cost you 85g, please stop complaining about FOUR levels

/thread

in Crafting

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

400-500 is 200g, each…so it’s 600g for all 3 professions

Are you Shpongled?

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

400-500 is 200g, each…so it’s 600g for all 3 professions

Which has absolutely nothing to do with levels. Thanks for contributing.