1600 Rare Greatsword into the Mystic Forge

in Crafting

Posted by: fuji.6283

fuji.6283

….and not a single precursor. It has been a very long and tedious road Arenet, but this is probably the end of the line for me.

in Crafting

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I feel for you. That sucks. I hope you enjoy whatever game you look to next.

If you decide to stick with Guild Wars, I recommend you don’t try to get stuff. This game hates to give anyone anything. I spent a long time (for me) grinding out firebringer (and that’s not anywhere near a legendary). When I got it I was ready to quit.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Crafting

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Its RNG, what did you expect?

You had just spend 400G betting in your luck. Almost a precursor, so… you are doing things wrong. Soon A-net will introduce a form to craft precursors, so… stop wasting Gold guy.

in Crafting

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

What about how gambling is bad for you?

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Crafting

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

You had just spend 400G betting in your luck. Almost a precursor, so… you are doing things wrong. Soon A-net will introduce a form to craft precursors, so… stop wasting Gold guy.

After what the OP posted, you’re still gonna defend Arena.Net???

The guy wants his legendary weapon. Apparently that in this game, going on an epic adventure to build your legendary weapon = standing in front of the mystic forge and dumping items.

kittening Legendary.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: Reloading.3260

Reloading.3260

Soon A-net will introduce a form to craft precursors, so…

Kind of like how they said they’ll soon have a scavenger hunt…

I’ll believe it when I see it.

in Crafting

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

The guy wants his legendary weapon. Apparently that in this game, going on an epic adventure to build your legendary weapon = standing in front of the mystic forge and dumping items.

kittening Legendary.

Wasn’t the cost of all those GS’s pretty close to the cost of just buying the thing out of the TP?
Why waste all that coin gambling when you can just buy it off some someone else who got lucky? I don’t understand why anyone would have the coin to do this, choose to gamble it away, then nerdrage when the gamble doesnt pay off, when the item could’ve been straight out purchased.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Granted if players did not do this sort of thing there wouldn’t be enough to buy on the tp thus it wouldn’t be an option.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

If you’re within 50-100g of buying it outright, then it should be a no brainer what the choice is.

in Crafting

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Soon A-net will introduce a form to craft precursors, so…

Kind of like how they said they’ll soon have a scavenger hunt…

I’ll believe it when I see it.

It’s not going to be a scavenger hunt, precursors are going to be crafted. I’m taking bets that doing so will required tons of T6 mats being converted into T7 mats at the rate of 1 per day (time-gating ftw).

in Crafting

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

You gambled. You lost.

After what the OP posted, you’re still gonna defend Arena.Net?

He’s not defending ArenaNet in any way. He’s just pointing out the truth.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

(edited by Milennin.4825)

in Crafting

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

kittening Legendary.

Wasn’t the cost of all those GS’s pretty close to the cost of just buying the thing out of the TP?
Why waste all that coin gambling when you can just buy it off some someone else who got lucky? I don’t understand why anyone would have the coin to do this, choose to gamble it away, then nerdrage when the gamble doesnt pay off, when the item could’ve been straight out purchased.

Because if the OP is like me I will forge and dump greatswords into the toilet when I have the materials to create them. I do not have nor I doubt I will ever have the gold in hand to buy a precursor outright. That amount of gold has to be up front, there is no credit card or layaway plan. Over time I have dumped more then enough rare and exotic greatswords into that toilet to buy a precursor IF I had saved up all my mats and created and sold those swords all at once. It is a personal decison on how I want to play the game and comes with its own reasons why I made that decision.

ANET has never detailed exactly what type of RNG they use. Is it a true rng? Is it a pseudo rng? Does it use a fixed or a variable seed number? The answers to those questions would determine why some people, like the OP, can dump thousands of items into the toilet and get nothing while others will get 2 or more precursors. If they are using a pseudo rng with a fixed seed then the results over time repeat themselves, as it is not a true rng. Therefore person “A” could very well have a set of repeating numbers that are “luckier” then person “B’s”.

So the question remains how random is the random number generator?

Theftwind (HoD)

in Crafting

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

So people quit the game because they can’t get a precursor or legendary? Then there are people who quit once they get their legendary. I don’t see the logic. Legendary weapons aren’t the end of the game. MMOs are all about the community and making a name for yourself.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Even I’m not happy with the way Anet handles precusors (and I both have a precusor and I’m a rabid fan boi…ask anyone lol).

It’s too random, too hard, too annoying. It’s not legendary. It’s luck. And yes you can farm gold and buy one, but that’s not particularly legendary either.

I think the way legendary weapons are acquired is one of the big problems with the game as it stands.

in Crafting

fuji.6283

If you’re within 50-100g of buying it outright, then it should be a no brainer what the choice is.

At the current market, you can craft that much with 275-300 Gold which took me a long while to save up. I don’t think that falls anywhere near the over 600 Gold I need for dusk.

in Crafting

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Even I’m not happy with the way Anet handles precusors (and I both have a precusor and I’m a rabid fan boi…ask anyone lol).

It’s too random, too hard, too annoying. It’s not legendary. It’s luck. And yes you can farm gold and buy one, but that’s not particularly legendary either.

I think the way legendary weapons are acquired is one of the big problems with the game as it stands.

Anet had to make it where legendary weapons were super rare to get. Would you really want to see everyone shooting unicorns?

As long as Legendary Weapons are only as strong as the highest naturally obtainable gear (ascended weapons soon) then I have no problems.

I also don’t like that it is luck and I wish legendary weapons where obtainable through a scavenger hunt or something. I’m glad that soon precursors can be crafted.

in Crafting

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

It’s an issue of whether people can save money or continue to spend their funds when they have them. True, OP may have crafted/bought 1600 GS over a long period of time, but OP chose that over avoiding the MF completely and save 100%. I have little sympathy for people taking the gambling route AND gripe about it.

in Crafting

fuji.6283

I think I heard something about a scavenger hunt to getting a precursor not too LONG ago.

in Crafting

fuji.6283

kittening Legendary.

With the new event going on right now, you can craft that much with 275-300 Gold. It varies but not significantly. Not even close to over 600 Gold for dusk.

in Crafting

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

….and not a single precursor. It has been a very long and tedious road Arenet, but this is probably the end of the line for me.

First of all though I don’t have a whole lot of reason to doubt the validity of the OP’s claim in does make me wonder when people send that much gold when they were a step away from buying the precuror itself.

So did the OP really put 1600 great swords into the mystic forge? shrug.

Anyway, while I do admit that it is a frustrating sytem as it stands now; Legendaries and precursors is far from all Guild Wars 2 has to offer. So if the OP is quitting over that singular system, he/she truly was playing for the wrong reasons.

If it came down to me dumping 400g into the mystic forge and getting a precursor or quitting, I’d save myself the trouble and just quit.

Especially when they are at work as we speak implimenting a way to craft them..

in Crafting

fuji.6283

It’s an issue of whether people can save money or continue to spend their funds when they have them. True, OP may have crafted/bought 1600 GS over a long period of time, but OP chose that over avoiding the MF completely and save 100%. I have little sympathy for people taking the gambling route AND gripe about it.

Opinions are opinions but I chose the way that worked most for me. I don’t have the time to grind and grind another summer break (which is almost up) to getting the rest of the gold I need. If you can and is willing, great. But, I was fortunate enough to set enough time with other priorities I have in life to even save up to 300 Gold.

(edited by fuji.6283)

in Crafting

fuji.6283

So people quit the game because they can’t get a precursor or legendary? Then there are people who quit once they get their legendary. I don’t see the logic. Legendary weapons aren’t the end of the game. MMOs are all about the community and making a name for yourself.

Sorry but we all play a game with different mindsets and goals. I’ve done so many of the other desired content (dungeons, events, wvw) in that game to the point where I decided that it was enough and that I finally wanted to finish it off with a legendary, my ultimate goal since I saw its beauty. You’re not wrong about the community and stuff like that. But please be considerate of people’s priorities which you may not agree with.

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

I also don’t think people truly realise what they are doing when they are gambling this way.

Now I am the first person to tell people that real world examples don’t usually apply well to MMO mechanics, however the amount of gold you are gambling for the amount of gold you stand to win way off in terms of risk vs reward considering your chance.

Everyone knows how unlikely it is to win the lottery. No one would spend 1 million dollars for a small chance to win 2 million.

No one would spend 100 million dollars for a small chance to win 200 million dollars.

No one would go into a convenience store and buy $5000 worth of scratch tickets for a chance to win the $10,000 max prize.

The OP was about half way there to saving a precursor. He risked it all for a short cut. He played the game wrong.

What I risk in the mystic forge is about on the same scale to real world lottery. I throw random rare’s I pick up every day into the forge instead of selling them or salvaging them. Every once and a while when it is the daily I’ll spend 2-3g and take a chance at the precursor I want.

I NEVER expect to win. I always expect to leave that forge with nothing, and so far that has been true. But what I gambled an amount I was comfortable getting nothing in return for. That’s gambling 101.

In the mean time I’m saving up my gold I earn through all other efforts to eventually afford a legendary.

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

Opinions are opinions but I chose the way that worked most for me. I don’t have the time to grind and grind another summer break (which is almost up) to getting the rest of the gold I need. If you can and is willing, great. But, I was fortunate enough to set enough time with other priorities I have in life to even save up to 300 Gold.

What you wanted is more for less and you gambled for it. Knowing or should having been known full well what your chances of success were.

If we all could have the legendary we want for 300g gold, we’d all have the legendary we want.

You say you had the time and resources to get the 300g, then you should have been happy with what you had the time to earn. You had a choice, take that 300g and spend it on things you could afford with in the game.

Or you could risk it all for a small chance at doubling your gold value.

We all know what you chose, and you chose it knowing the risk. The system is what it is, but if you use the system knowing what it is and loose, you then blame the system.

And to the point of 300g being your max you had time to grind for, I hope you had all the other parts of your Legendary complete when you went for this precursor then.

As much as the precursor is worth, it is still only one part of the Legendary and the rest of it costs just as much if not more.

(edited by CryxTryx.9208)

in Crafting

fuji.6283

I also don’t think people truly realise what they are doing when they are gambling this way.

Now I am the first person to tell people that real world examples don’t usually apply well to MMO mechanics, however the amount of gold you are gambling for the amount of gold you stand to win way off in terms of risk vs reward considering your chance.

Everyone knows how unlikely it is to win the lottery. No one would spend 1 million dollars for a small chance to win 2 million.

No one would spend 100 million dollars for a small chance to win 200 million dollars.

No one would go into a convenience store and buy $5000 worth of scratch tickets for a chance to win the $10,000 max prize.

The OP was about half way there to saving a precursor. He risked it all for a short cut. He played the game wrong.

What I risk in the mystic forge is about on the same scale to real world lottery. I throw random rare’s I pick up every day into the forge instead of selling them or salvaging them. Every once and a while when it is the daily I’ll spend 2-3g and take a chance at the precursor I want.

I NEVER expect to win. I always expect to leave that forge with nothing, and so far that has been true. But what I gambled an amount I was comfortable getting nothing in return for. That’s gambling 101.

In the mean time I’m saving up my gold I earn through all other efforts to eventually afford a legendary.

You are correct when you say that it is hard to get. I experienced that first hand? However, I will reiterate that I spent my summer break grinding (seriously, I grind til my arms went numb) to save that up. I am fortunate to have even been able to save up that much. Again, I chose the way that worked best for me because of my lifestyle. I can’t grind for months a year without worrying about the other priorities I have, which I was fortunate enough to be able to set aside for the summer just for this one goal.

in Crafting

fuji.6283

What you wanted is more for less and you gambled for it. Knowing or should having been known full well what your chances of success were.

If we all could have the legendary we want for 300g gold, we’d all have the legendary we want.

You say you had the time and resources to get the 300g, then you should have been happy with what you had the time to earn. You had a choice, take that 300g and spend it on things you could afford with in the game.

We all know what you chose, and you chose it knowing the risk. The system is what it is, but if you use the system knowing what it is and loose, you then blame the system.

Like I said, my one goal in the game is to get a legendary. Yes, I knew the risk. However, I spoke up about my failure because of how ridiculous the chances are.There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Yes, I’m complaining a tad about how disappointed I am and you have proven my point. The system is horrible and is worth complaining about.

in Crafting

ForGreatJustice.3452

Then live with it and move on, don’t make another “I burned X gold/Y rares at the MF and failed” thread. You chose the path of potential least resistance, and got burned for it because RNG decided to be RNG.

With such abysmal % chance of getting a precursor from MF, be grateful we can even buy them from the TP.

in Crafting

fuji.6283

Then live with it and move on, don’t make another “I burned X gold/Y rates at the MF and failed” thread. You chose the path of potential least resistance, and got burned for it because RNG decided to be RNG.

With such abysmal % chance of getting a precursor from MF, be grateful we can even buy them from the TP.

What’s wrong with informing the community about what happened and about my disappointment? There’s absolutely nothing wrong about that. Yes, I lived with it and moved on. I probably wouldn’t have woke up this morning to make this thread if I hadn’t.

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

You are correct when you say that it is hard to get. I experienced that first hand? However, I will reiterate that I spent my summer break grinding (seriously, I grind til my arms went numb) to save that up. I am fortunate to have even been able to save up that much. Again, I chose the way that worked best for me because of my lifestyle. I can’t grind for months a year without worrying about the other priorities I have, which I was fortunate enough to be able to set aside for the summer just for this one goal.

This doesn’t change the fact that you either didn’t make an informed decision or you plain out made the wrong one.

You obviously valued the gold you ground for very much, and yet you still chose to throw it all away with what you should have known was a very little chance of getting anything in return.

Most people wouldn’t come anywhere close to making a choice like that in real life, yet what is funny to me is that the concequences are not so different. The loss of happiness, and from your original post, so much so that you are giving up the game altogether.

So either you didn’t inform yourself of the odds corrected and so are therefor surprised at the result.

Or you knew full well what you were risking, and your chances of getting anything in return, but instead of owning up to your own choice you seek to pass blame on the system.

What you did is like going into a casino with a whole paycheck, walking up to the roulett table and betting it all on 00 and then proceed to yell at the dealer for taking your money.

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

Like I said, my one goal in the game is to get a legendary. Yes, I knew the risk. However, I spoke up about my failure because of how ridiculous the chances are.There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Yes, I’m complaining a tad about how disappointed I am and you have proven my point. The system is horrible and is worth complaining about.

That is where we disagree. I don’t think the system is horrible. I think the way you played it is.

That is the funny thing about people who gamble more then they are willing to loose.

You said you knew the risk and you took it anyway. The funny thing is if you would have got your dusk on the very last attempt in the forge, this thread would look a whole lot different.

Do I think that the current implimentation of the Legendary system is the best way to do it? By no means.

But the system as it is now, is what it is, and you play at your own risk, and you did and you lost and now you are sore about it.

in Crafting

fuji.6283

This doesn’t change the fact that you either didn’t make an informed decision or you plain out made the wrong one.

You obviously valued the gold you ground for very much, and yet you still chose to throw it all away with what you should have known was a very little chance of getting anything in return.

Most people wouldn’t come anywhere close to making a choice like that in real life, yet what is funny to me is that the concequences are not so different. The loss of happiness, and from your original post, so much so that you are giving up the game altogether.

So either you didn’t inform yourself of the odds corrected and so are therefor surprised at the result.

Or you knew full well what you were risking, and your chances of getting anything in return, but instead of owning up to your own choice you seek to pass blame on the system.

What you did is like going into a casino with a whole paycheck, walking up to the roulett table and betting it all on 00 and then proceed to yell at the dealer for taking your money.

You are correct. I fully knew the risk. However, I don’t know how many times I have reiterated that getting a legendary was my ultimate goal and that due to the fact that I have other priorities, saving over 600 Gold isn’t something I can do here. Saving 300 gold was already… pretty exhausting. I am voicing my disappointment, not flaming Arenet. There is nothing wrong about that.

in Crafting

fuji.6283

That is where we disagree. I don’t think the system is horrible. I think the way you played it is.

That is the funny thing about people who gamble more then they are willing to loose.

You said you knew the risk and you took it anyway. The funny thing is if you would have got your dusk on the very last attempt in the forge, this thread would look a whole lot different.

Do I think that the current implimentation of the Legendary system is the best way to do it? By no means.

But the system as it is now, is what it is, and you play at your own risk, and you did and you lost and now you are sore about it.

But this is where we disagree. I’m not trying to say you’re wrong. You are right that saving up for it IS the best solution if you have the mojo to grind for it months long. I didn’t say you were wrong. I’m an adult who was lucky enough to spend my summer saving up 300 gold (not mentioning the amount I saved for tier 6 matts). I’m just here to voice my disappointment with the system.

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

You are correct. I fully knew the risk. However, I don’t know how many times I have reiterated that getting a legendary was my ultimate goal and that due to the fact that I have other priorities, saving over 600 Gold isn’t something I can do here. Saving 300 gold was already… pretty exhausting.

So you blame the system that you couldn’t ‘buy’ a precursor at the mystic forge for 300g, when it is being sold on the TP for over 600g?

You blame the system because your 300g guarentee something worth far more? Your 300g should have guarenteed you that precursor because it was all you were alb e to grind?

You gambled knowing the risks and you say the system is terrible because you lost?

I am willing to gamble something. I bet that you wouldn’t bet me 100g on the results of a coin toss. That seems silly right? And the chance of you winning that are much higher then pulling a precursor from the forge.

You still didn’t answe rmy other question. Do you have the rest of your precursor complete already? All your T6 mats? All your gifts? Because if you don’t, and that 300g was the total you were willing to invest in a Legendary..What did you plan to do about the hundreds of gold that it costs to get the rest of it?

in Crafting

fuji.6283

You are correct. I fully knew the risk. However, I don’t know how many times I have reiterated that getting a legendary was my ultimate goal and that due to the fact that I have other priorities, saving over 600 Gold isn’t something I can do here. Saving 300 gold was already… pretty exhausting.

So you blame the system that you couldn’t ‘buy’ a precursor at the mystic forge for 300g, when it is being sold on the TP for over 600g?

You blame the system because your 300g guarentee something worth far more? Your 300g should have guarenteed you that precursor because it was all you were alb e to grind?

You gambled knowing the risks and you say the system is terrible because you lost?

I am willing to gamble something. I bet that you wouldn’t bet me 100g on the results of a coin toss. That seems silly right? And the chance of you winning that are much higher then pulling a precursor from the forge.

You still didn’t answe rmy other question. Do you have the rest of your precursor complete already? All your T6 mats? All your gifts? Because if you don’t, and that 300g was the total you were willing to invest in a Legendary..What did you plan to do about the hundreds of gold that it costs to get the rest of it?

I have bought all of the other stuff, which is what I grind my life away doing this summer. Why pursue one of the hardest thing to get first :P This whole summer was a grind just for the materials while saving up. But, I’m here to say how random the chances are, even with 1600 GS. No, I’m not saying I should have been able to buy a precursor with 300 gold. I don’t recall saying anything like that at all, which I’m confused where you got all of that assumption from.

in Crafting

Posted by: phiplayer.2865

phiplayer.2865

I went to casino, with my money for a brand new car. I thought that I can win more money to buy car AND go to a holiday on Hawaii.

Well I lost all my money, I raged and complained about the casino, screaming that it didn’t gave me more money. Security guards took me away and people standing there, watching my fury think that i’m kittened.

Probably should have invested in something, to gain money for holiday.

<Potato face>

Ranger pet needs mechanic changes.

(edited by phiplayer.2865)

in Crafting

ForGreatJustice.3452

Grinding your summer away is the problem. If this game started to be your “job” for an entire summer, quit the game, in fact probably quit gaming in general. You sound like a possible addict. Summer’s almost over, go enjoy it, go enjoy life.

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

Ah I think I understand now. It is a fine thing to make a thread and warn everyone just how small of a chance they have to get a precursor.

The thing is, that is pretty much common knowledge at this point. Further I would hope that anyone that was planning on invested a significant amount of their gold into the attempt would do some good research and find out just what they are getting themselves into.

I truly believe you didn’t fully understand that sytem, because you seem surprised at the result.

I think the system does a good job of keeping the Legendary weapons at least some what rare. No it does not truly give a Legendary feel since aquiring one is largley based on luck or grinding. This thread has been made 1000 times and there has been very lengthy disucssions that I have participated in and out of all the complaints I have not come across a good suggestion as to how to do it better.

Lots of suggestions as to how to make it easier, but none of those retain the rariety that a Legendary status weapon should hold.

It is my fear that even this crafting system they are working on is going to make Legendary weapons much more common then (in my opinion) they should be. All this new system will be anyway is another big long grind.

What will be really interesting is if Anet doesn’t do the math right and it is actually sitll easier adn quicker to grind the gold and TP a precurosor then to do through their new time gated crafting system. Now that will be for a laugh.

Your original post just seemed silly to me that you played the odds and lost and were now quitting the game because of it, but before you left you wanted to convince us all of what a terrible system it was.

It is not a terrible system. It may not be the best system, but to me it does it’s job. And if you don’t play it right it will take you for everything you’ve got. I’m just not sure you should be blaming the sytem for that.

in Crafting

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Vayne, seriously, copy the link to this post and put it in your signature. Just so everyone knows you aren’t a blind fan boy.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

This is where you are wrong. Endgame as people know it is only represented in GW2 by legendary weapons. So in fact it makes perfect sense to quit either when you see it as not happening or once you got it.

MMOs aren’t all about the community and making a name for yourself. Maybe for you it is, but don’t make it sound like that’s what everybody’s goals are. They certainly aren’t for me.

I might recognise a few names on my server but nothing more than that. Who cares what they’ve done on the server? You might, I don’t. The logic simply comes from what you’re interested in.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

in Crafting

fuji.6283

Ah I think I understand now. It is a fine thing to make a thread and warn everyone just how small of a chance they have to get a precursor.

The thing is, that is pretty much common knowledge at this point. Further I would hope that anyone that was planning on invested a significant amount of their gold into the attempt would do some good research and find out just what they are getting themselves into.

I truly believe you didn’t fully understand that sytem, because you seem surprised at the result.

I think the system does a good job of keeping the Legendary weapons at least some what rare. No it does not truly give a Legendary feel since aquiring one is largley based on luck or grinding. This thread has been made 1000 times and there has been very lengthy disucssions that I have participated in and out of all the complaints I have not come across a good suggestion as to how to do it better.

Lots of suggestions as to how to make it easier, but none of those retain the rariety that a Legendary status weapon should hold.

It is my fear that even this crafting system they are working on is going to make Legendary weapons much more common then (in my opinion) they should be. All this new system will be anyway is another big long grind.

What will be really interesting is if Anet doesn’t do the math right and it is actually sitll easier adn quicker to grind the gold and TP a precurosor then to do through their new time gated crafting system. Now that will be for a laugh.

Your original post just seemed silly to me that you played the odds and lost and were now quitting the game because of it, but before you left you wanted to convince us all of what a terrible system it was.

It is not a terrible system. It may not be the best system, but to me it does it’s job. And if you don’t play it right it will take you for everything you’ve got. I’m just not sure you should be blaming the sytem for that.

If it does the job for you, then that is wonderful for you. I respect your opinion

in Crafting

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I have bought all of the other stuff, which is what I grind my life away doing this summer. Why pursue one of the hardest thing to get first :P This whole summer was a grind just for the materials while saving up. But, I’m here to say how random the chances are, even with 1600 GS. No, I’m not saying I should have been able to buy a precursor with 300 gold. I don’t recall saying anything like that at all, which I’m confused where you got all of that assumption from.

If you do the hardest bit first (obtaining the precursor), then you can be confident that you will have the ability to do all of the easier stuff afterwards.

But if your ability to get the precursor is in doubt – because you don’t have the time and patience to save the gold for one – then why waste your time doing the easy stuff and then find out afterwards that you won’t be able to make a legendary? Best to find out earlier than later so you can move on to more enjoyable goals.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

in Crafting

fuji.6283

Grinding your summer away is the problem. If this game started to be your “job” for an entire summer, quit the game, in fact probably quit gaming in general. You sound like a possible addict. Summer’s almost over, go enjoy it, go enjoy life.

I respect the last part of your comment. The rest of it was more of an insult honestly though just to let you know. The only time I have to actually play a mmorpg is during my summer break because of other priorities, which is the reason for the grind.

(edited by fuji.6283)

in Crafting

fuji.6283

If you do the hardest bit first (obtaining the precursor), then you can be confident that you will have the ability to do all of the easier stuff afterwards.

But if your ability to get the precursor is in doubt – because you don’t have the time and patience to save the gold for one – then why waste your time doing the easy stuff and then find out afterwards that you won’t be able to make a legendary? Best to find out earlier than later so you can move on to more enjoyable goals.

You’re not wrong at all. But, I just like to get the easier things done with first. It’s a habit.

in Crafting

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I do agree that the system used to get a Legendary weapon is kind of lame. It really doesn’t seem to signify any true distinction upon the person, which is why I am not impressed with people who have one.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in Crafting

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

I will never accept rng to obtain precursor. Rather wait for the precursor hunt and gather the items to create it so I can truely be proud of it than some silly luck.

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

in Crafting

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

kittening Legendary.

+1
I’d rather go through a raid and do something epic rather than stand in front of the mystic toilet.

in Crafting

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

1600 Rare Greatsword

Mistake

First mistake, expecting gambling to be guaranteed.

Second mistake, expecting 200 gold to equal 500-ish.

Third mistake, “toileting” rares expecting a precursor. Precursors are considered a higher quality than exotic within mystic forge “RNG”. They’re never a good chance to get them, but your best bet is using 4 exotics of the same type as the precursor you want. Forging rares for a precursor is an insanely low chance.

Learn from your mistakes.

PS: I’m not exculpating ANet and the ridiculous system for precursors. It is a ridiculous system. But you’re still doing it wrong.

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

kittening Legendary.

+1
I’d rather go through a raid and do something epic rather than stand in front of the mystic toilet.

Oh really? Please describe in detail a ‘raid’ that could be done that would justify the reward of a precursor and still be difficult enough too keep Legendaries rare.

Do you want the Legendary status gated by behind skill? I’m all for it! I’ll bet you 300g that the community sets this board on fire should that happen.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

Precursor prices have settled recently so it is pretty safe to assume that they are approaching equilibrium.

If you have yet to spend on MF as much as it costs to buy outright, then the chance that you would have gotten a precursor is most likely below 50%.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

No offense, but you have noone, but you to blame.. You KNEW it was a risk, you kept going, and you have to pay the price.

you should have stopped before it got this bad