200g/day? You can make more!

in Crafting

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

No cheating, too. Crafting is profitable
Disclaimer: that is not my video, I’ve not tried this myself.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

Videos like this really discourage me from ever trying to do anything in the trading post. How are “regular” players supposed to compete with players who do this kind of stuff?

Crystal Desert

in Crafting

Posted by: Sarcasticviper.8152

Sarcasticviper.8152

How to compete? Watch and learn. Yes it will take time but it sure is interesting to watch and possibly try out.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Videos like this really discourage me from ever trying to do anything in the trading post. How are “regular” players supposed to compete with players who do this kind of stuff?

What is there to compete for? Sure if your end game goal is to be the richest person in game, then you have already lost.

Or if your goal is to have all legendaries for your class, sure.

__

Regarding the video, it was posted back in January and the profit spread for crafting those items became smaller. Not sure if it’s the case anymore.

You may not consider it cheating, but the program he used is very suspect considering that it appears on pretty infamous GW2 hacking websites. Anything that modifies the client in anyway is considered cheating. If you want to try, sure, but don’t complain when you get banned.

If you want to do this multi-client set up, the safer, 100% cheat free method is to use multiple VRs on your computer. Of course, you need a pretty beast computer to do that.

(edited by Vol.7601)

in Crafting

Posted by: Mikiejj.4761

Mikiejj.4761

i did this with 1 account when the vid came out got me about 50g a day.
for 2-3 hours doing this.
but now the profit became allot smaller from 3-5 silver each sword to only 1-3 silver.
but at least i got the most out of it started with 150g ended with about 1000g.
some days the profit became larger than it should be my tops was 15 silver each sword.
it earned me 200g that day^^ i’m sure its still open to do just keep in mind it takes much longer to see the big profit mark.
best try to start with 200g 500 swords a time. it takes a while to get sold now since more are trying it.

i’m sorry if my English aint the best but i’m sure you get the point.

in Crafting

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

This is similar to my own technique. Instead of just crafting rare greatswords, I search for the most profitable items to craft at any one time based on their offer price so I can sell them for a profit instantly without being undercut. When I posted here that crafting can be profitable, people just didn’t believe me:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Is-crafting-worth-it-2/first#post3709909

People are just too lazy to do all that work. Laziness is the biggest obstacle for people to profit from crafting.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Crafting

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

What is there to compete for? Sure if your end game goal is to be the richest person in game, then you have already lost.

I suppose competition wasn’t the proper word. What’s frustrating is that folks who use things like multi-client programs, macros, farm bots, speed hacks and other game-altering programs ultimately ruin the experience for the rest of us.

It’s not simply that they have more gold, but it’s the impact it has on the rest of the community. A small number of people (who utilize third-party programs to get an edge) can and do manipulate our markets, causing inflation. People call it supply and demand, but it’s really more like cheating and greed.

It’s one thing to put in the effort to collect items, do the research to figure out what’s profitable, and then sell to get in-game currency. It’s another to download cheating programs to do all of the work for you.

Crystal Desert

in Crafting

DarkSpirit.7046

I suppose competition wasn’t the proper word. What’s frustrating is that folks who use things like multi-client programs, macros, farm bots, speed hacks and other game-altering programs ultimately ruin the experience for the rest of us.

It’s not simply that they have more gold, but it’s the impact it has on the rest of the community. A small number of people (who utilize third-party programs to get an edge) can and do manipulate our markets, causing inflation. People call it supply and demand, but it’s really more like cheating and greed.

It’s one thing to put in the effort to collect items, do the research to figure out what’s profitable, and then sell to get in-game currency. It’s another to download cheating programs to do all of the work for you.

I don’t think that you need to pay money for those programs. The only thing that you need to pay are the extra GW2 accounts if you want to earn as fast as he does., but that goes to ArenaNet. Otherwise you don’t even need the program or the extra accounts. If you don’t need to pay for the program then what is preventing others from using the same program? Seems to me that they are on level footing then.

It is like complaining why people who know about gw2spidy or wiki having an informational advantage over those who don’t.

He still earn gold without the program, with just one account. It is just slower that’s all. Furthermore, people usually have multiple PCs at home so they can still use this even without the program, just not as convenient. And ArenaNet can’t prevent people from buying more than one account, siblings, parent/children, husbands/wives, need to be able to play together.

The only way to prevent this is to make crafting sucks, totally destroy it so that it is always not profitable to craft. But I don’t think that would be good for the game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

yeah, I think I could make more.

Crafting Tool:
Total Cost = (10,454)(26)(80)
Total Return = (20,303)(26)(78) (after taxes)
Total Profit = (9,848)(99)(98)
94.2% profit

I estimate it would take about 50 hours to craft all of that, but that’s still about 200g/hour, let’s say 5 hours/day = 1000g/day.
but, oh sweet peanutbutterbrittle, is that so kittening boring!

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Just to clarify, market manipulation does not cause inflation. Inflation is caused by getting coins from any source other than the Trading Post.

Additionally, manipulation of the market (assuming “manipulation” means to set the price) is technically not possible, other than for items that no longer drop. This is not a closed system, so while you can try to temporarily boost the price by buying out the stock of an item, more are being generated every second, so the price will fall quickly and you will lose money unless you can liquidate your stock before the price falls (that 15% tax on sales kills almost every attempt at profit).

In the real world, companies that would benefit from price manipulation also control the supply chain. In this game, every single player is their own supply chain, while also being a member of every other player’s supply chain so price manipulation would require you to convince every single player in the game to stop mining those Iron Nodes so that you can raise the price.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

manipulation can be short-term. anything that artificially changes supply/demand would be manipulation. buy all the eternities on the TP = manipulated the eternity market by removing all of the current supply, results in temporarily raising its price. It might not be profitable, but that is manipulation. manipulation is not always a bad thing; it’s rarely a good thing, but it’s not necessary bad. people placing 2 million buy orders is also manipulation – it artificially changes the demand for the item, raising the price. again, only temporary.
especially in gw2, it’s nearly impossible to permanently manipulate something. Even in the real world, if you are the sole supplier of something (such as a new vaccine), you can charge 10 times what it’s worth and people will likely pay it. That huge profit margin will also encourage others to become suppliers and you won’t be the sole supplier for long. You may remain as the only source for many years due to trademarks, but eventually someone will make a generic brand and you’ll lose your monopoly.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

manipulation can be short-term. anything that artificially changes supply/demand would be manipulation. buy all the eternities on the TP = manipulated the eternity market by removing all of the current supply, results in temporarily raising its price. It might not be profitable, but that is manipulation. manipulation is not always a bad thing; it’s rarely a good thing, but it’s not necessary bad. people placing 2 million buy orders is also manipulation – it artificially changes the demand for the item, raising the price. again, only temporary.
especially in gw2, it’s nearly impossible to permanently manipulate something.

See, I wouldn’t call it manipulation unless it actually worked. What you’ve described is more like a “momentary nudge in price immediately followed by massive losses for yourself as the market rapidly corrects your ill-advised attempt”.

Unless you succeeded in setting the price, I’d argue that you attempted to manipulate, but failed.

Semantics, I know. We agree in principle.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

I can state the difference in our opinions!
my belief: “manipulation” is when someone does actions that make new price != old price
your belief: “manipulation” is when someone does actions that make new price >> old price

I think that just because it failed doesn’t mean it wasn’t manipulated and the new price would be much greater than the old price, at least for an hour or so.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

especially in gw2, it’s nearly impossible to permanently manipulate something. Even in the real world, if you are the sole supplier of something (such as a new vaccine), you can charge 10 times what it’s worth and people will likely pay it. That huge profit margin will also encourage others to become suppliers and you won’t be the sole supplier for long. You may remain as the only source for many years due to trademarks, but eventually someone will make a generic brand and you’ll lose your monopoly.

According to your definition, any interaction with the tp would be a manipulation, no matter how much buy orders or sell listings you post.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

GS crafting was profitable. But now the margins are just to small in comparison to the permanent undercutting and the time the money is banked on the TP.
There are better markets out there.
You only need to go to gw2spidy or alike to get an idea.

in Crafting

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

If anything, I would say this activity is very healthy for the economy.

Whether or not the method is acceptable to ANet, however, is a different matter.

in Crafting

Posted by: Borko.5814

Borko.5814

This video made me give up on trying to get rich, and shattered my hopes of one day manipulating the market.
I’ll do my own thing having fun doing it ! Even if I’m poor !
The only thing that bothers me is that i will never get that chainsaw gs skin and ghastly shield skin. But who cares ? They are overrated anyway!
Have fun spending your gold for making more gold & good luck with that !

in Crafting

DarkSpirit.7046

It can be daunting for the average user to profit from crafting. Think about it, the more items you craft, you more of the same ingredients you have to buy. The more of the same ingredients you buy, the more they rise in value as the cheaper ones got bought up.

So your crafting cost increases as you craft the same item over and over, which means your profit margin decreases. Gw2spidy crafting profitability is a guide but technically, it is a guide for only crafting ONE item not a whole slew of them for huge profits. For the latter, you need to write a more complex algorithm with possibly multiple minimum cost crafting trees.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

Each time that vid gets posted the cost of T5 fine crafting mats go up and stay there for a week or two, and then crashes back to “normal” costs. I find it interesting that there seem to be a cost relation between mithril, elder wood and T5 fine crafting mats; When one go down in price one of the others rise. It’s like people are focusing on one of them instead of all three. If i had unlimited storage i could follow the trend and only buy when one of them are at a low point.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Each time that vid gets posted the cost of T5 fine crafting mats go up and stay there for a week or two, and then crashes back to “normal” costs. I find it interesting that there seem to be a cost relation between mithril, elder wood and T5 fine crafting mats; When one go down in price one of the others rise. It’s like people are focusing on one of them instead of all three. If i had unlimited storage i could follow the trend and only buy when one of them are at a low point.

Buy a 2nd account and use it as storage through the TP’s pick-up tab.

in Crafting

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Anyone with a normal life isn’t expected to craft much or make much money – we know this for a fact.

Don’t buy into the hype – do your own gathering or ride the karma trains – better than chasing gold that costs first.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Crafting

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

in Crafting

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Working as intended.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I thought OP was going to say “Come to my seminar.”

in Crafting

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

That’s in the works small fee entailed, of course, which you’ll have to pay prior to me posting time, date and location for this spectacular event

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

That’s in the works small fee entailed, of course, which you’ll have to pay prior to me posting time, date and location for this spectacular event

I love myself a good pyramid scheme.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

It was a nice video.

in Crafting

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

i did this with 1 account when the vid came out got me about 50g a day.
for 2-3 hours doing this.
but now the profit became allot smaller from 3-5 silver each sword to only 1-3 silver.

pretty much this, also currently the swords don’t really more at the frequency they did when the video was made. When that video was new you’d stick the swords up and they’d be gone by the time you got back to the crafting station, it’s a lot slower these days since there’s less people trying to get rich of precursors.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Crafting

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

I tried it and with only one account it takes way too long and is boring. The whole MMO should be fun not work yuk yuk yuk we hear it every day, but that is positively work and I stopped after about 1.5 hours total doing that.

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I tried it and with only one account it takes way too long and is boring. The whole MMO should be fun not work yuk yuk yuk we hear it every day, but that is positively work and I stopped after about 1.5 hours total doing that.

There is not such thing as “should” in an MMO. there is no right way to play an MMO short of doing anything that is consider against the rules of the game.

You might not enjoy it but if the person doing is having fun and it is not against the rules you don’t have a say in it. (not directed at you but just in general because that message seems to be lost on these forums).

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

This method no longer works. Thanks to those who ruined it; people can craft a bunch of swords and sell them at really stupid rates now. GG noobs

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Necro :P. Anytime someone post the way they are making money it eventually becomes unprofitable. I made 300g a day during the first week of the bazaar but I am not going to tell you how.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF