400-500 Only rich apply?

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

I have read (not sure if correct) that you’ll need to craft Exotics to get to 500 !!! Maybe that’s great for the super-rich but what about the normal players?

I hope someone is making a ‘budget’ guide :-)

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Aearon.5691

Aearon.5691

If that’s true and they are expensive to make, then probably you can sell them for a decent amount.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: fey.5438

fey.5438

You can’t sell ascended weapons
Also 50g is not much for best stats and awesome skin.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

You only HAVE to craft exotics from lv400-450, at that point ascended refinement will unlock and you can level by refining different ascended materials, although you’ll still have to craft some exotics to reach lv500 most likely.

With current prices, getting from lv400-450 is quite expensive (around 40-60g I’d guess), but once the market settles and prices drop back down, it shouldn’t be too bad.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

I made Orichalcum Ingots until ~425. (I had stockpiled 3 stacks) The rest, I made the Bloodstone stuff from 450, not sure when it petered out, and discovered the exotic recipes to 500, and sold the weapons I had made on the TP. It cost me around 30 gold to get the stuff I needed that I ran out of, like Ancient Wood.

There’s not really going to be a cheap way to get around it, especially if you didn’t stockpile stuff prior.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

By crafting about 13 exotics I hit 450, with some being non-discoveries. I bought the inscriptions pre-patch for about 3 gold per, now starting at 5 gold+ per. At 450 you can craft the time gated materials, no real reason to get to 500 right now anyway, it’ll take 10-14 days to craft the whole thing and by then you will likely be at 500.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Not necessarily, no. When you played the game as it should be played, you gathered enough mats to get to 400 already. By then, you should have a character at 70, minimum. Then go to Orr and join the champion farm train there. That’ll get you the materials you need, and when you chop and mine along the way, getting to 500 should be easier than you think.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

By crafting about 13 exotics I hit 450, with some being non-discoveries. I bought the inscriptions pre-patch for about 3 gold per, now starting at 5 gold+ per. At 450 you can craft the time gated materials, no real reason to get to 500 right now anyway, it’ll take 10-14 days to craft the whole thing and by then you will likely be at 500.

If that’s true then how are there people that already have several ascended weapons crafted? I thought you needed to be at crafting level 500 to craft ascended weapons.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

If that’s true then how are there people that already have several ascended weapons crafted? I thought you needed to be at crafting level 500 to craft ascended weapons.

That’s simply not possible. Are you sure it’s ascended gear? Because if it is, it’s probably a bug.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

That’s simply not possible. Are you sure it’s ascended gear? Because if it is, it’s probably a bug.

Someone showed that he crafted 6 ascended weapons. Maybe you can ping it on map chat without having crafted it yet?

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Also 50g is not much for best stats and awesome skin.

You could get best stats for 1g prior to this update. The moved the goal line, they didn’t give you something new.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Someone showed that he crafted 6 ascended weapons. Maybe you can ping it on map chat without having crafted it yet?

You can also get them as drops any place where you can get ascended materials.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Aren’t the time-gated materials sellable? He likely has multiple accounts, generous friends, or a lot of gold.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Aren’t the time-gated materials sellable? He likely has multiple accounts, generous friends, or a lot of gold.

I don’t think anything is on the trading post yet for them.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

You can ping any ascended weapon as long as you have the weapon recipe learned.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dejavu.2349

Dejavu.2349

Sorry to be a bother, but my crafting still says 400/400. Do I need to train somewhere to get the ability to level up? I’ve been away for a while and kinda forgot how things work here, but I expected to see 400/500, giving me some impression that making stuff would actually level my skills.

Thanks in advance.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I made 20g crafting from 400-500. lol

Of course I used 20g worth of orichalcum and acient logs so I guess I probably broke even. Even though I collected it all myself.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Sorry to be a bother, but my crafting still says 400/400.

The new L500 cap currently only applies to Huntsman, Artificer and Weaponsmith(i.e. The “Weapon” makers).

Any chance you might have been looking at another profession like maybe one of the (“Armor” makers), who have not had their cap raised to 500 yet?

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

From what I understand, you can hit 425 really easily and 450 without too much effort/gold. But the 450-500 is either expensive (~100g) or time gated. My thoughts are most people will opt for the slower method, rather than burning through all their gold and mats on day 2 of the patch.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Prepare 150 – 200g or you have no chance to get to 500. And ofcource you will probably need at least 2 professions so you will need another 150 – 200g for second profession. And ofcourse that will only get you to 500 you still need to farm tons of materials to get you weapons :-)
This is worst update Anet ever did. Game is now only about farming and nothing else.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nevermore.3820

Nevermore.3820

Prepare 150 – 200g or you have no chance to get to 500. And ofcource you will probably need at least 2 professions so you will need another 150 – 200g for second profession. And ofcourse that will only get you to 500 you still need to farm tons of materials to get you weapons :-)
This is worst update Anet ever did. Game is now only about farming and nothing else.

This is a little extreme, crafting to 500 is going to be EXPENSIVE, but unless you’re looking to be 500 by days end today not that expensive. the thing is most of the “Time Gating” is not cool downs on crafting it’s gathering the mats, before yesterday none of the ascended mats existed in game. Yesterday the game world was flooded with Bloodstone Dust, but the rest of the mats that come from world boss chests, dungeons, and jumping puzzles will need to be farmed.

If ascended weapons were not account bound we would have seen them on the TP by now but only from framing bots from China, where 30 to 50 accounts could have pooled into one and crafted a few that would now be selling for just under what they are selling Legendary’s for.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

daros.3407

This is a little extreme, crafting to 500 is going to be EXPENSIVE, but unless you’re looking to be 500 by days end today not that expensive. the thing is most of the “Time Gating” is not cool downs on crafting it’s gathering the mats, before yesterday none of the ascended mats existed in game. Yesterday the game world was flooded with Bloodstone Dust, but the rest of the mats that come from world boss chests, dungeons, and jumping puzzles will need to be farmed.

If ascended weapons were not account bound we would have seen them on the TP by now but only from framing bots from China, where 30 to 50 accounts could have pooled into one and crafted a few that would now be selling for just under what they are selling Legendary’s for.

It is not extreme you have to farm at least 150 gold to get one profession to 500 or farm mats several months to get all materials. Both ways are full of farming and grindig. You have no other choice to get to 500. Refining material will give you almost nothing to lvl profession. What i say is truth. With this update game is one of the most farmfest of all games.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

From what I understand, you can hit 425 really easily and 450 without too much effort/gold. But the 450-500 is either expensive (~100g) or time gated. My thoughts are most people will opt for the slower method, rather than burning through all their gold and mats on day 2 of the patch.

It’s not hitting the kitten number that;‘s the problem. It’s that the kittens wiped out ALL exotic recipes we discovered. LOADS of ectos kitten ed down the drain for us. I had almost all the kitten recipes. Now they are gone. And I sure aint getting them back with the 27 god kitten ectos I have left now. And yo sure know the aholes aren’t going to refund us the cost of all those discoveries they wiped out.

And ectos have doubled in price since they did this.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Not necessarily, no. When you played the game as it should be played….

Play the way you want to play, as long as it is the way the designers intend you to play™

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I spent around 30gold and used up maybe another 30g worth of materials (orich/ecto/wood,etc.) for 450. I’d say I’d probably need around 60-80g more, so 150g isn’t a bad estimate.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lukasz.5316

Lukasz.5316

i spend like 100g on weaponsmith and i get lvl470 lol ,this is MADNESS!

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

You can ping any ascended weapon as long as you have the weapon recipe learned.

You can actually ping anything you want.. there is a code for it. I don’t know it but have seen it used hundreds of times. Sometimes people ping Weapon Skins before they have even been “officially” put into the game.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

daros.3407

Yes my friend. It is horrible. They should stick to their promises and stop trying to make us ,,farming robots".

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Yes my friend. It is horrible. They should stick to their promises and stop trying to make us ,,farming robots".

Huh? First off if you spent 100g to get to 470 you are doing it wrong. It costed me 52g to get to 500 sooooo

How is this making us farming robots? After you get to 500 its only 10g for the BEST weapon in the game. That is dirt cheap. You can run cof p1 once a day for 10 days straight and get that. If you cant even spare 15min a day to get an ascended wep then you dont deserve it in the first place.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

daros.3407

Huh? First off if you spent 100g to get to 470 you are doing it wrong. It costed me 52g to get to 500 sooooo

How is this making us farming robots? After you get to 500 its only 10g for the BEST weapon in the game. That is dirt cheap. You can run cof p1 once a day for 10 days straight and get that. If you cant even spare 15min a day to get an ascended wep then you dont deserve it in the first place.

Yes 10 gold but you have spend those 150 gold to get to 500. And if you spend only 50 gold to get weaponsmith from 400 to 500 you surely had lot of materials in bank and that mean you farmed material. Grinding, buying, dungeons, laurels no mater how you farm it is still farming. And 150g for 100lvl of one profession is too much and it forces people to farm and that is agains what they promised.
Soooooooo?

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

daros.3407

Ascended is supposed to be the mid step between Exotic and Legendary, and people would like to reach it in one day…

Can people enjoy content without burning it in one hour ?

You are destroying your own experience by rushing it.

No ascended is supposed to finaly alow us to do higher fractals then 49. It is requirement not something you want to reach some nice day after mounths of farming.

(edited by daros.3407)

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I had the best weapon in the game 2 days ago, and it cost me 3g.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

You have to look at crafting as a long term goal, not some 2 week farming event. I’m happy to have some longer term goals in the game. Relax, it’s not going away in 2 weeks, just play the game and you’ll get Ascended stuff without the randomness of the mystic forge.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

It costs 190g to go from 400 to 500 weaponsmith.
It costs 203g to go from 400 to 500 huntsman.
It costs 215g to go from 400 to 500 artificer.

http://gw2crafts.net/

That’s the cheapeast way to do it.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

daros.3407

So much for Rjnemers 52g……….

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: yamay.8075

yamay.8075

Looking at the numbers, I am thinking “maybe I should sell all the mats I have on TP and buy a legendary”.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

daros.3407

You have to look at crafting as a long term goal, not some 2 week farming event. I’m happy to have some longer term goals in the game. Relax, it’s not going away in 2 weeks, just play the game and you’ll get Ascended stuff without the randomness of the mystic forge.

2 weeks or 2 months. It is still 200g gold to lvl profession and that is too much just for 100lvls of one profesion. And most of people will probably need 2 professions to get full ascended weaponry.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

…except that the gw2crafts bot does not faciliate refining of the ascended materials from 450 onwards, which are time-gated but offer a steady income of crafting xp with absolutely NO additional cost, just do a dungeon, a world boss or some WvW and get those ascended basic mats for refinement.

The real cheapest way is:
Mining runs on all your lv80 toons to get ori and wood;
Refine those until 425;
Discover a few exotics until 450;
Do world bosses, dungeons, WvW, jumping puzzles… (aka – just play the kitten game);
Refine ascended materials.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Also 50g is not much for best

But you can sell legendaries…

Anet logic at it’s finest.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: yamay.8075

yamay.8075

I am shuddering at the thought of ascended armor coming into the picture on top of this.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

daros.3407

…except that the gw2crafts bot does not faciliate refining of the ascended materials from 450 onwards, which are time-gated but offer a steady income of crafting xp with absolutely NO additional cost, just do a dungeon, a world boss or some WvW and get those ascended basic mats for refinement.

The real cheapest way is:
Mining runs on all your lv80 toons to get ori and wood;
Refine those until 425;
Discover a few exotics until 450;
Do world bosses, dungeons, WvW, jumping puzzles… (aka – just play the kitten game);
Refine ascended materials.

No you are absolutely wrong becouse refining ascended mats is gray on 470 :-D…or somewhere around it..
If it would be yelow to 500 and it would produse at least 2x more crafting exp. It would be better. But it is not….

(edited by daros.3407)

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Still, grinding 400~500 by crafting exotics is an error people are making by their own ignorance, there’s quite a bit you can get via refinement which is artificially free, in terms of gold, if you mine a bit and don’t rush it.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

So much for Rjnemers 52g……….

Those guides are garbage. They’re all Exotic discovery, which is the most expensive way to get past 450. They should be labeled as “fast” guides, since those are all buy the stuff and just use discovery. A normal guide would include the T7 refinement.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

daros.3407

Still, grinding 400~500 by crafting exotics is an error people are making by their own ignorance, there’s quite a bit you can get via refinement which is artificially free, in terms of gold, if you mine a bit and don’t rush it.

Ok…you have to craft exotics/ refine T6 to get from 400 to 450= 50g +/- then you can very long time refine ascended mats to 470 = gold free but way tooooo long.
And from 470 to 500 you have to craft exotics again = at least another 50g (becouse it gives lower exp then in beginig :-) )
It is still to much gold farming. Or materials grinding.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

I think its extremely poor game design to let the rich players have the best possible item the day of content patch release.
Lets be honest, if you have tons of gold you can get your craft to 500 in day 1 and then you can also make your weapon the same day if you buy the ingots and planks from TP which are time gated but trade able. The only problem is crystal which can easily be farmed in 1 day or 2 days most.

IMO best gear should come with content progression. Seriously, nothing you need to do for getting ascended weapon is skill related, its either extreme luck or mindless grinding like cutting down trees over 5+ characters a day or killing some champions over and over. And whats the point of getting the better gear when the content is almost the same as it was at the day of its release? The only difference it makes is that Fractals 40-49 are now face roll and 50+ are available for average players which were already doable before with some tricks.

This is extremely poor design, make some new harder dungeons first which are much more challenging and drops/give ascended weapons rather then letting us “Buy” ascended weapons and forcing more casual players into buying Gems.

I am not a casual player, I play 2-3 hours daily sometimes more and my current best personal lvl on fractals is 45 but I never farm for gold. I did all of scarlet maps only once for achievement and never went back to do that again. Seriously whats the point in it? I would rather play some other game or go out with my friends and watch a movie rather then sitting killing champions all day with possibly less then 10 frames because of 300+ players there. I have about 200g at me rightnow but I am sure as hell not spending it all to level 1 profession from 400-500. This is for people who either have 1k+ gold, have no problem buying gems and then convert them to gold or sit here all day farming mats/champions.

Giving extremely rich players some cosmetic status symbols like Swift Spectral Tiger mount in WoW is perfectly fine but giving them edge gearwise over others is not.

Forgive my long post, end of rant.

(edited by Pridedemon.3041)

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Actually it is not. The time gated way after 450 is the cheapest way. That assumes you want it and want it now.

Time gated mats is the cheapest way but it takes more time

Deldrimor Steel Ingot and SpiritWood Plank are currently selling at about 1-4 Gold profit.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

daros.3407

………………..:-)

Yes it is not well disigned. I think they should never released any ascended crafting but wait to another release that will change Tequatl and his loot. But problem is ascended weapons from tequatl will have some precursor like drop chance as it always was when they released something new with ,,chance to drop" or ,,rare chance to drop"
Some big chance to drop Ascended weapons from some really hard content but really good chance would be best for all of type of players (rich-poor, casual-hardcore)

(edited by daros.3407)

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Actually it is not. The time gated way after 450 is the cheapest way. That assumes you want it and want it now.

Time gated mats is the cheapest way but it takes more time

Deldrimor Steel Ingot and SpiritWood Plank are currently selling at about 1-4 Gold profit.

You are wrong, first you can only refine mats upto 470, after that you need to make like 10 more exotics to reach 500, second it takes extremely large amount of those refinements to level. I made 1 ingot, 1 plank, 1 bloodstone brick and 1 emyreal star and reached 452 (and in doing so I burned through all of my mats in bank and about 40g before finally stopping), so at this rate you need to make about 40-50 of those which again means a lot of grind.

So in my 2-3 hours of daily game time I have a choice, either do my daily, a 40+ fotm daily and a usual arah/coe run or login with 4 of my characters mindless running around Orr gathering mats for ascended. Let me ask which option seems more fun to you? Ofcourse I choose first option but then again I know in 5-10 days I would be gated out of the top notch content (Fotm 50+ which legendary wielders are already doing and posting on gw2lfg) which before this update I was already doing while also enjoying the game.

(edited by Pridedemon.3041)

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Ok…you have to craft exotics/ refine T6 to get from 400 to 450= 50g +/- then you can very long time refine ascended mats to 470 = gold free but way tooooo long.
And from 470 to 500 you have to craft exotics again = at least another 50g (becouse it gives lower exp then in beginig :-) )

Basically you dont want anything to change. You complain about doing it slowly and for much cheaper by refinement and you complain about doing it fast costing too much. EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD CAN BE UNDERSTOOD IN TERMS OF TIME VS MONEY. If you are really worried about time commitments then dont play video games, go do something productive.

400-500 Only rich apply?

in Crafting

daros.3407

Basically you dont want anything to change. You complain about doing it slowly and for much cheaper by refinement and you complain about doing it fast costing too much. EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD CAN BE UNDERSTOOD IN TERMS OF TIME VS MONEY. If you are really worried about time commitments then dont play video games, go do something productive.

No matter i will lvl my weaponsmith in week or in month i will still have spend 150g for it or farm material of that price. And it is too much for profession no matter time.