500 Jeweler?

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I’m considering saving 80 laurels to buy my alt trinkets, but would it be a waste? How soon do you guys think 500 Jeweler will be here?

Thanks!

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

There is no way for players to tell you that. I can point out that there were a couple of months between weapons and armor, and it looks like the Xunlai Electrum item is at least thought out and planned.

My guess? Maybe February, and given that we will need laurels to buy recipes from master crafting vendors, I’m saving mine for now.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I’ve been holding off on spending Laurels/Guild Commendations simply because I want to see what r500 Jeweler will offer.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I’m doubting that 500 jeweler will be for ascended, but maybe for legendary trinkets. I remember somewhere along the line they were mentioned. Being able to craft ascended trinkets at this point, while would be great for alts or extra builds and those who don’t have them yet, is kind of lackluster compared to the introduction of ascended weapons and armor at 500 crafting.

So much for no gear progression… :P

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

The variety of Ascended trinkets is still lacking though. The ability to craft Ascended trinkets with an upgrade slot alone would be worth getting it to 500.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Qoltera.3042

Qoltera.3042

Since those trinkets are already “ascended” won’t ascended jeweler be released last? Also, is that one infusion slot really worth it? I guess it is for those fotm craze people

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Well, Jeweler and Chef are the only two crafting professions left. Would make sense to release them both at the same time.

And no, I’m not talking about the infusion slot. I’m talking about an Ascended trinket that has an empty upgrade slot we can swap upgrades in, similar to how Ascended weapons have an empty slot for Sigils.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Well 500 jeweler is not completely a waste for crafting ascended trinkets since our options at the vendors are really limited stat-wise. I would like to be able to customize my prefixes and suffixes to mix and match instead of having to buy a fixed stat trinket. Not too sure about 500 chef, what would he cook anyway?

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Oh wait I know 500 chef will be able to make food that buff more stat that the 400 making all current best food obsolete. Yay for power creep in food.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Marna Nindar.8120

Marna Nindar.8120

500 chef could make dyes, wich could be an interesting addition if they add shiny particle effects.

EDIT: Just realized that I’m entirely OT, but oh well!

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Fotm for rings. Maybe one ring with laurel and badges.
Guild missions for earrings.
Laurels and badges for amulet.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

it will take minimum 3 months until this comes. next update is 21th january and the next 4 updates will be living story only.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

@Marna: Interesting idea! Perhaps r500 Chefs can make dyes that replicate the exclusive colours from things like the Flame & Frost and Toxic Alliance. (Not guaranteed, of course. It just gives you a dye that has a chance to have the new colours. That would avoid crashing the market, but also bring down prices a bit by injecting new potential supply.)

Other than that, I think my idea of crafting Ascended versions of foods that last for 24 hours (or perhaps even longer) is probably what they’ll do.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

i like to live up this thread

I have no ideas what anet plans to let us do when we reach jeweler 500. Yes i hope for ascended trinkets with stats we cant actaully use like assassin or dire. Or with the decision to craft no ascended giver stats, to let us craft infusions with boon/condi Duration.

But i have ideas how to Level 500.
Actually everyone can imagine how easy and cheap it would be to master it. We have 11 jewels, 1 just with rare recipes (when the zephyrites do not come back) and rare and expensive Azurites and passifloras. So the most player only can use 8 jewels and discover 24 trinkets. Thats too boring for anet. I think we will see more.
What i have noticed is that we have no orbs or crests for Settler, Cavalier and Dire.
And no no upgrade components on exotic for trinkets for that three stats and Magi, Rabid, Shaman and Soldier.
Maybe we will be able to craft exotic back pieces with jeweler, when so we Need all stats too.

What i think or more suggest to anet is that they add crests for Settler, Cavalier and Dire Stats and give us the Option to upgrade the crests like orbs to exotic ones. So we have new activators for exotic trinkets.
So crests could be useful. When we look to the AH we can see a lot of unused crests that will never valuable.
That in mind People would do more JP´s for the chests where we can find this crests or just like me searchs for randoms chests in the world.

I think this could be a really good plan for anet. the most important for me is to see exotic rabid Upgrades, so i came to this ideas.

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

i like to live up this thread

I have no ideas what anet plans to let us do when we reach jeweler 500. Yes i hope for ascended trinkets with stats we cant actaully use like assassin or dire. Or with the decision to craft no ascended giver stats, to let us craft infusions with boon/condi Duration.

But i have ideas how to Level 500.
Actually everyone can imagine how easy and cheap it would be to master it. We have 11 jewels, 1 just with rare recipes (when the zephyrites do not come back) and rare and expensive Azurites and passifloras. So the most player only can use 8 jewels and discover 24 trinkets. Thats too boring for anet. I think we will see more.
What i have noticed is that we have no orbs or crests for Settler, Cavalier and Dire.
And no no upgrade components on exotic for trinkets for that three stats and Magi, Rabid, Shaman and Soldier.
Maybe we will be able to craft exotic back pieces with jeweler, when so we Need all stats too.

What i think or more suggest to anet is that they add crests for Settler, Cavalier and Dire Stats and give us the Option to upgrade the crests like orbs to exotic ones. So we have new activators for exotic trinkets.
So crests could be useful. When we look to the AH we can see a lot of unused crests that will never valuable.
That in mind People would do more JP´s for the chests where we can find this crests or just like me searchs for randoms chests in the world.

I think this could be a really good plan for anet. the most important for me is to see exotic rabid Upgrades, so i came to this ideas.

We didnt get much more info from Anet in the last month but meanwhile i saw alot of good and valid theories about it on the forums.

The missing stats are a possibility but that alone wouldnt attract enough people to lvl it to 500.
My guess would also be on Infusions/upgrade components, maybe even something in the way of rune sets, where you get special boni when you use 3 or 5 of the same infusion.

I also think that one reason why jeweller 500 didnt make it into 2013 was an economic one to give the market enough time after ascended armor crafting to relax again. Even though jeweller doesnt share too much mats with armorcrafting, it would have been too much of an additional gold sink for many casual players to be released in December or January as well.
As i personally invested alot in mats for jewelling last year, i wasnt too happy about their news to delay it until this year but i think it was the right decision for the economy, even though it means i have to store my stuff for a couple of more months.

John Smith said on several occasions that one focus for the economy is to make groups of items and materials that have been sitting on the tp close to vendor value more valuable and establish a player driven market for those items.

Blue and Green gear got value now through essences of luck and both major crafting updates adressed several crafting materials, most notably silk and lower tier cloth.

Thats why i am sure that also jeweler will revive some markets, most notably the ores needed for the Xunlai Eletrum Ingot and the various tier3-6 gemstones. Tier 1 and 2 of those gemstones actually have a reasonable value through Silver Doubloons. Lower tier Dust is also a market they could shift and with a slot for Crystalline Ore and Ingots in your collectible tab, i can see those ingots being made to be used alongside the Electrum Ingot for lvl 500 crafting and needing all those groups of mats in the process.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

I’m mostly wondering how they’ll introduce Crystalline Ore into the game. Where will it come from? What is a game aspect common to both PvE and WvW that is mostly neglected by the player base that ANet can use to encourage more participation?

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Getting to level 500 Jeweler will probably be some sort of repeat of what we’ve already seen with armor and weapons. We’ll probably be “re-discovering” a number of exotic recipes in order to gain levels to 500. We’re likely to need a large amount of Ori ores, and gemstone Orbs, or the dusts to transmogrify what ever stones we already have, up to T6 Orbs. There seems to be lots of everything on the trading post.

The new incoming ascended recipes will like require a certain amount of Xunai Electrum, bloodstone dust, empyreals and dragonite because Anet regularly re-uses stuff like this and I’m sure this will be no different.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see another level of gemstone transmogrify possibly using crystalline dust, but also maybe that new crystalline ingot item. That might be the new jewelry time gate item…. ><

Hopefully we’ll get some news today, if they give us the usual one week preview information for the next patch.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

… I just had a brainwave. How do we get Crystalline Ore?

By refining stacks of Bloodstone Dust together with T5 Crystals (or possibly T6 Orbs). In one swoop, you’d have fixed the excess Bloodstone Dust problem and the too low prices for most Crystals/Orbs.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

… I just had a brainwave. How do we get Crystalline Ore?

By refining stacks of Bloodstone Dust together with T5 Crystals (or possibly T6 Orbs). In one swoop, you’d have fixed the excess Bloodstone Dust problem and the too low prices for most Crystals/Orbs.

My bet would be a refinement that uses Xunlai and Dust.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

snow.8097

nice it works

cristalline ore will probably be refined from t5 dust and maybe the ingot with t2-4 dusts.
but i can imagine that bloodstone will be needed to take that big amounts away.
when we look at the prices of dusts this could be possible.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I wonder if more appealing laurel rewards will be added after jewel crafting is introduced.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

We have 11 jewels, 1 just with rare recipes (when the zephyrites do not come back) and rare and expensive Azurites and passifloras.

Azurite will most likely be adressed in the same way as sentinel inscriptions and insignias.

Compared to all other orbs, passion flowers are expensive because they are also used in weapon and armor crafting, so they are basically used as a gemstone and a t6 mat.

The Exquisite Passion Flower however, which will be needed in exotic trinkets, is quite undervalued on the TP atm at around 40s.

40s dont even cover the costs for the ecto and ori ingots, let alone the 3g you would need for the 15 regular flowers to craft it.

So if you are interested in Settler trinkets, now would be a good time to stock up on those.

If you are wondering where the supply of those exquisite passion flowers comes from (because nobody would craft them for nearly 4g and then sell at 40s), they can be salvaged from the exotic settler trinkets that drop from mobs in SSC.

Those 3 trinkets are quite cheap too, so many people buy them for a cheap way to get dark matter.

I remember making alot of gold buying those trinkets by the hundreds last summer for around 20s and then salvaging for ectos and the flowers.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

snow.8097

mmh..yeah i can imagine that the Price of passifloras will rise in some ways..but in other Hand..most People will use fan based crafting guides. No crafting guide will ever say hey buy that expensive flowers to Level.
All other are around 2 to 4s. ruby is more worth because of berserk meta.
when i remember we needed from 425 to 500 24 discoveries in other craftings. So i think our 8 jewels are enough.
I really hope my idea Comes true. I want full armor sets of specific stat Combos for different Metas. But for some thats not 100% possible.

yeah that was clever, not bad wanze :C
i will safe Gold, silver, platinum and Mithrillium for Xunlai and different Dusts and Orbs for Cristalline.
I think this is the best a jeweler can do when he wants to get a grandmaster

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

mmh..yeah i can imagine that the Price of passifloras will rise in some ways..but in other Hand..most People will use fan based crafting guides. No crafting guide will ever say hey buy that expensive flowers to Level.
All other are around 2 to 4s. ruby is more worth because of berserk meta.

The Exquisite Passion Flower is still the second cheapest Exotic Jewel available, so its still cheaper to buy those than crafting your own Exquisite Sapphire Jewel for example.

I dont see the point to use the different Orbs to craft them into Exquisite Jewels yourself. As each Exquisite one needs only 1 Orb but also 1 Ecto and 2 Ori Ingots, the price for the orbs only makes up 4% of the crafting value.

No crafting guide would now suggest to craft your own jewels until there are no more of them available under crafting value.

Especially the Chrysocola Jewel is heavily undervalued due to its oversupply now through farming dungeon related trinkets.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/exq?sort_max_offer_unit_price=desc&rarity_filter=-1

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

snow.8097

yeah then u right. i didnt mind that

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I’ve basically gotten into the habit of crafting jewels just once for the discovery, then buying any extras I need from the TP. Sometimes you can even recycle them for numerous trinkets.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Yeah, I’ve basically gotten into the habit of crafting jewels just once for the discovery, then buying any extras I need from the TP. Sometimes you can even recycle them for numerous trinkets.

Exquisite Jewels are useless for leveling right now as they are lvl 400 recipes.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

True dat. I was mostly referring to T3 – 5 jewels.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You won’t see Jeweler or Cooking until late spring or early summer.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Southern or Northern Hemisphere?

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Northern. You can assume this is most cases as over 90% of the world population resides there.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Northern. You can assume this is most cases as over 90% of the world population resides there.

To give a proper answer on topic, i honestly think that jeweler and cooking will come at the end of march. Colin stated that LS season1 will conclude on march 4th followed by a short break for the staff. and after that a mayor content update will hit and i fully expect it to include jeweler and cooking 500.

In an economic point of view it would make sense to decide to place all asc crafting patches 4 months apart from each other, so march/april is a reasonable timeframe.

The population of the world living in the northern hemisphere is 88%, not 90% btw.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I estimated that would be when r500 Jeweler/Chef would be introduced too. I’m holding off on getting both crafting professions to 400 until that happens since I’m a discovery completionist; no point in wasting ingredients and mats unlocking recipes now that are just going to be reset again.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Yeah, I estimated that would be when r500 Jeweler/Chef would be introduced too. I’m holding off on getting both crafting professions to 400 until that happens since I’m a discovery completionist; no point in wasting ingredients and mats unlocking recipes now that are just going to be reset again.

For a discovery completionist you have little knowledge of crafting. Any discoverable recipes that will be reset will be lvl 400 and you dont need those to lvl to 400.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Yes, but discovering all the r300+ recipes (especially for Jeweler and Chef, since there are so many of them) will take you past the XP needed for 400. Hence, to eke out every last bit of CXP without wastage, it makes more sense for me to wait.

I do know what I’m doing. Most of the time.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Yes, but discovering all the r300+ recipes (especially for Jeweler and Chef, since there are so many of them) will take you past the XP needed for 400. Hence, to eke out every last bit of CXP without wastage, it makes more sense for me to wait.

I do know what I’m doing. Most of the time.

That might be true for cooking but not for jewelling due to the amount of recipes to be discovered.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Hmm, you sure about that? From my past Jeweler crafting experience, discovering each and every available recipe from T1 – 4 has always landed me at about the 125/225/325 rank. T5 trinket recipes are even more prevalent than the lower tiers thanks to the addition of Passiflora and Azurite as “gems”. Therefore I would presume that discovering all the T5 recipes would take me well beyond 400, unless the discovery XP system scales differently at T5 and T6.

500 Jeweler?

in Crafting

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I am not sure on scaling but simply refining Ori will get you to 425. The problem I’ve run into then is what do I discover after that? There only seems to be 26 or so discoveries at the 400 mark. That will leave us 5-6 short I think.