56% of Silk Listed Supply is gone from TP.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Bolts of Cotton and Linen are already more expensive than gossamer, I would be more concerned about those.

There is alot of supply still for cotton and linen but just because hobby traders dumped alot of supply on the tp right after patch because their prices didnt spike.

However, t2-5 mats will still be in demand for at least 1-2 months due to the time gating of crafting bolts of damask.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

940k left, and that is low amount when thinking how many silk is needed for ascended armor. For light armor set is needed 10800 silk. So if only 100 players making full light set that is 1m of silk. Sure there are people who have it lot of it in bank, but price will for sure go futher up, even now is 40c.

(edited by Netko.9271)

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

not much – atm some ppl trie to push the price and buy it cause they think it will go 0,80-1 silver once they pushed the price and unload what they buyd the price will sink fast back cause a lot silk comes in everyday from everywhere

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This is the reason why we speculate. We make a lot of money.

BUT… speculation comes with risks. I’ve also lost a lot of money on stuff that tanked. As an example, Flawless Snowflakes are only 1/5th their value from a week ago. It was my fault for not selling sooner.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

Oh my, i just watch a stash of 50k Silk gone from Sell orders in a matter of minutes. It’s up to 44 Copper now.

Just think of all the people that bought Silk when it was 17 copper – they have already made a fortune right now.
67,5 Silver profit from 1 stash of 250 Silk Scraps.

They were 8 copper 10 days ago, so yea someone who bought it then can earn lots, but now is more risky, how much more will rise before start fall again. It will fall, there are lots of income of silk in game, question is only when.

in Crafting

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

Oh my, i just watch a stash of 50k Silk gone from Sell orders in a matter of minutes. It’s up to 44 Copper now.

Just think of all the people that bought Silk when it was 17 copper – they have already made a fortune right now.
67,5 Silver profit from 1 stash of 250 Silk Scraps.

They were 8 copper 10 days ago, so yea someone who bought it then can earn lots, but now is more risky, how much more will rise before start fall again. It will fall, there are lots of income of silk in game, question is only when.

Will they really fall? If 1 player needs 8400 Silk scraps on average, to craft a full set for 1 character – then a 50 000 players would need 420 Millions Silk Scraps. –
I don’t think there is that much Silk around.

I bet my money on, we will run out of Silk if Anet doesn’t interfeer soon, to lower the material price for ascended armor.

People will start to buy light armor blues, greens, rares to salvage for silk in addition to ectos/luck. While 10800 is a bit over the top, it’s possible the cost will even out as the revenue players get from selling those blues/greens increases.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

(edited by Squee Squashington.5189)

in Crafting

Romek.4201

noone need 8400 to craft whatever – lol

soon it will crash^^

people need 100 bolts PER DAY and everyone make this easy jsut with normal palying

but gogo buy all the silk and dream from profit

people here talk like everyone need 10k silk per day cause a set need this – seriously

in Crafting

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Not per day, but a light armor character need 10,800 scraps for ONE set of ascended armor. Considering a salvage armor get you 1-3 silk scraps, an average person would have to salvage about 5000 lv 80 light armor drops to get enough for one of his character. Multiply 10,800 that by 50,000 people (a small percentage compare to the total population). The product is 540,000,000 scraps. I don’t know how many silk scraps are there in existence but that’s a whole lot and currently the volume of silk scrap in circulation is about 1.5 million (that is less than 1% of 540 mil) and declining.

in Crafting

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

noone need 8400 to craft whatever – lol

soon it will crash^^

people need 100 bolts PER DAY and everyone make this easy jsut with normal palying

but gogo buy all the silk and dream from profit

people here talk like everyone need 10k silk per day cause a set need this – seriously

Yeah
~1 month to craft armor set, then it will drop fast.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

in Crafting

Romek.4201

no for everyone drops enough everyday to do the 100 bolt of silk crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont know about you, but even if I try hard I dont farm 50-100 bolts of silk per day.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

no for everyone drops enough everyday to do the 100 bolt of silk crafting

No-lifers maybe. The rest of us don’t get anywhere near that much. I had tons saved for this, what I thought would be more than enough. Then Anet changed the formula to 100 bolts per Silk Thread.

That’s what is fueling this rush.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

I don’t see a problem.
#1: I purchased ~900,000 silk scraps myself this past Tuesday.
#2: Higher prices encourage people to sell.
#3: You don’t NEED 100 bolts per day, you just WANT it for your slightly-increased-stats equipment and to get it ASAP in a system designed to make it slow and progressive. This just in: Going against the flow of the river the devs designed might be more difficult than going with their plan.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

lol that’s pretty funny……

“You don’t need 100 bolts per day.”
“I just bought 900,000 scraps on Tuesday.”

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Stars.2179

Yeah, I’ve just bought over 100,000 scraps myself a few days ago as well. Had 18,000 wool bolts, 9,000 cotton bolts, and 18,000 linen bolts saved up way back for this. And this is just enough for self use not to be sold for profit.

in Crafting

Toroxus.9256

And I had zero silk scraps before Tuesday ended because I used them all.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Just be patient. It’s only been a week since Ascended armor was released, and there’s a big rush from players who want BiS gear. In about a month or two prices will probably settle down again, both because the players who want BiS gear will have got it already, and because other players will have crunched the numbers and decided that the marginal increase of Ascended armor isn’t worth the immense amount of money it would take to get it.

Personally speaking, I will equip my characters with one set of Ascended armor eventually, but this is a very long term goal. (Like 1 – 2 years.)

in Crafting

Essence Snow.3194

I have to ask. How did you use 900,000 scraps (3600 stacks)? That’s 300,000 bolts(1,200 stacks), enough for 85 sets of light armor if I am not mistaken.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I have to ask. How did you use 900,000 scraps (3600 stacks)? That’s 300,000 bolts(1,200 stacks), enough for 85 sets of light armor if I am not mistaken.

Mass upgrading silk to goss could do it I guess?

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Doesn’t pay anymore. It was very profitable up until last Monday before the patch hit. He is probably just speculating and so far has doubled his money if not more.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Doesn’t pay anymore. It was very profitable up until last Monday before the patch hit. He is probably just speculating and so far has doubled his money if not more.

Oh we’re presuming he’s smart… well fine then…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

It will probably run out, then supply will continue to flow in until prices stabilise a month or so down the line. It’s a good time for anybody who stockpiled Silk to sell.

in Crafting

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

Just wait a week and there will be no silk on the TP and you’ll be paying 3-4s per piece. Each person that invests in silk now still has a chance to make a big profit, atleast 100% by the end of the month (unless they change mat costs for light armour).

in Crafting

Stars.2179

I won’t happen, the price is as intended. If you didn’t buy silk earlier then you’ll just have to folk out the gold

in Crafting

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

It will settle down in a couple of weeks, its just because so many people want the “in” thing right now, once the first big push is over silk will again become in massive supply for all.

in Crafting

Toroxus.9256

Bingo.

Doesn’t pay anymore. It was very profitable up until last Monday

Correction: It was very profitable up until the patch hit on Tuesday. And yes, I more than doubled my money. Limited myself to starting with 300g on Monday night and left with 2k a few minutes after the patch hit on Tuesday.

And just to stay on topic:
I’m not buying a single silk scrap for my ascended armors because there’s no point. It’s against the grain of Anet’s plan of ascended items. Why should I buy silk when I’m time gated? I get almost enough everyday to do the silk processing. Unlike some it seems, I’m not in a fever-pitched rush and raging on the forums because I need a few extra stats IMMEDIATELY, even though I do 40-50 FoTMs every day.

in Crafting

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Bingo.

Doesn’t pay anymore. It was very profitable up until last Monday

Correction: It was very profitable up until the patch hit on Tuesday. And yes, I more than doubled my money. Limited myself to starting with 300g on Monday night and left with 2k a few minutes after the patch hit on Tuesday.

And just to stay on topic:
I’m not buying a single silk scrap for my ascended armors because there’s no point. It’s against the grain of Anet’s plan of ascended items. Why should I buy silk when I’m time gated? I get almost enough everyday to do the silk processing. Unlike some it seems, I’m not in a fever-pitched rush and raging on the forums because I need a few extra stats IMMEDIATELY, even though I do 40-50 FoTMs every day.

Frac 30+ is a good place to farm, fwiw, you typically get decent karma, t5-t6 mats and yellows for ecto salvage regularly.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Crafting

Essence Snow.3194

So your telling me you converted all those scraps, forged at least 1,200 skill points, 6,000 piles of crystaline dust, and a min of 2,400 gossamer scraps on Tuesday b4 the patch hit?

I’m sry I’m just not buying what you are selling. The skill points alone warrant questioning it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

85 copper now per pice

in Crafting

Toroxus.9256

So your telling me you converted all those scraps, forged at least 1,200 skill points, 6,000 piles of crystaline dust, and a min of 2,400 gossamer scraps on Tuesday b4 the patch hit?

I’m sry I’m just not buying what you are selling. The skill points alone warrant questioning it.

No, I’m telling you I converted all those scraps, used a ton of skill points, and salvaged a lot of ecto and bought a lot of dust. And in the end, I got somewhere between 400-500 stacks of gossamer scraps. I started selling them immediately to keep funding this process until:
A: My hand really hurt from clicking so much.
B: It was no longer profitable.

Really nothing remarkable there for someone who plays on the TP. 1k+ skill points is not a rare thing. I have way more than that still and I know people who have and did have more than me.

(edited by Toroxus.9256)

in Crafting

Essence Snow.3194

If you didn’t convert them to bolts then we are talking about 18,000 crystaline dust, 1,800 skill points, and the main kicker 3,600 forges b4 the update on Tuesday.

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

He’s a bot! I smell auto-clicker.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

Toroxus.9256

If you didn’t convert them to bolts then we are talking about 18,000 crystaline dust, 1,800 skill points, and the main kicker 3,600 forges b4 the update on Tuesday.

And hail Anet for allowing me to double-click add items into the forge. And you’d notice that on Tuesday, after gossamer fell, I posted about making mass forging more…. labor efficient. Go figure, I got rewarded by researching, doing math, and working at it.

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

85 copper now per pice

Oh my… I never thought I’d see this day. O.o

EDIT: Even Thick Leather has finally broken through the 8 copper mark!