A new way to obtain Precurs?

in Crafting

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-guild-missions

It seems that ArenaNet may have solved the lack of guild content AND the legendary weapon grind with one update.

According to this article, precursors will have a chance to be awarded for completing guild missions. Of course the devil’s in the details – what is the actual drop rate, how many chances do we have at getting the rewards, and how difficult are these guild events (Very hard according to the article)

Thoughts and opinions? I am very optimistic about this, since right now almost anything beats the RNG of the mystic forge.

in Crafting

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

Colin has said (can’t remember which interview, but it was recent) that adding precursors to the drop table for things like guild missions and enhancing the dragon chests + making it easier to qualify for loot on mobs were steps in a direction of increasing precursor supply by allowing the things to drop in more places….

But it’s still RNG.

Best thing to hope for: Supply increases post patch and price comes down on the TP

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Just before the patch a member of my group got a legend….

And as a funny story, another member of the group had had TWO legends drop for them the week before (1 while grouped with me), I got a legend from the mystic forge and my characters title is “legend of the mist”.

SPOOKY!

in Crafting

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

dear spooky, do you know that precursors are exotic?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

The legend is the staff precursor name

in Crafting

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

They have added a new way to get precursor, but they have made world event chests to be lootable only once/day. I don’t expect any serious supply increase / price drop unless the guild mission chests has a significantly raised drop rate.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Crafting

Levitas.1953

@sinergy
“got A legend”
“had two legends drop”
its not a big problem if he misunderstood that precursor is different than legendary, but at least dont try to correct me. or perhaps you are right and he just dont like to call it the legend. if i read again his post im for the first option.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wesley Of Florin.2150

Wesley Of Florin.2150

@sinergy
“got A legend”
“had two legends drop”
its not a big problem if he misunderstood that precursor is different than legendary, but at least dont try to correct me. or perhaps you are right and he just dont like to call it the legend. if i read again his post im for the first option.

Huh? Clearly “Spooky” is talking about The Legend, and not a legendary weapon. He probably thought it sounded strange to say “got a The Legend”. Sheesh.

in Crafting

Levitas.1953

it wasnt so clear for me then. a day ill improve my english.
i found a lover seems more strange to me but ok, my fault.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

@sinergy
“got A legend”
“had two legends drop”

Though the exact proper name of the weapon in question was not in his post I quickly figured out what he meant by simple knowledge of the game some common sense and the the context of the conversation.