-First of all, I want to say that I know there is certainly numerous post on this this subject and the reasons I do this topic is because:
- For some reasons the search function on this forum doesn’t work properly so I won’t bother search them all manually.
- I want to bump a little this important subject and suggest solutions.
-To begin I want to show the actual situation, what we need to craft ascended Heavy, Medium an Light armors (insigna included).
16-/- 0 -/- 0
0 -/-18-/- 6
As you can see there is a very slight variation in the total numbers of ascended mateials needed but above all, for the light armor you need a minimun of 36 days to craft the whole set, more than a month.
-Now let’s see the same datas with raw materials instead.
1600-/- – 0 – -/- 0—-
- 0 – -/-2700 -/-900--
The imbalance is much more obvious like this. 11700 raw materials… wow! 10800 silk scraps.. wow! again. The difference between Heavy and Light armors is 2600, it’s pretty substantial and not very logical if we refer to real life. (but eh! it’s a game so let’s not talk about this.)
-Conclusion: It’s waaay easier, cheaper and faster to craft heavy than light armors, if I keep the same example as above.
-So for the possibles solutions:
1. About the insignias, well… nothing can really be done, because for all armors craft from level 1 to 500, insignas are needed and crafted with fabric. Maybe reduce the number of damask needed (“what? I need 3 entire bolts to make 1 tiny insignia? seriously?! What a waste.”, but eh! again it’s still a game. ^^)
2. The most important, Spool of Silk Weaving Thread. Why on Earth, do we need 100 bolts of silk while for wood, metal, and leather refinements we only need 50 of the under components? (Don’t tell me that’s because there was to much silk on TP, first that’s a bad move to settle the problem, second the 6×3 damask insignas needed for armors would have done the trick) So naturally to match with other ascended materials, drop the numbers of bolts of silk from 100 to 50.
3. If we really want a pure balance maybe we should up the requirements of mithril ore needed for mithril ingolts from 2 to 3. Not everyone will agree with that but, let’s face it, mithril ore almost grow on trees in this game. So it would not be a big deal, and that way all the recipes would be equals.
4. For the amount and types of ascended materials required for an armor set must be changed (insignas not included this time):
- Heavy armors: 24 Deldrimor + 12 Damask
- Medium Armors: 24 Elonian + 12 Deldrimor
- Light armors: 24 Damask + 12 Elonian
That way all armors are equals in terms of pure materials and there is a better distribution types/weight (and I find it more logical). Still there is a disadvantage for light armors craft due to the insignas, but like I said earlier it’s how armor crafting works so unless we use new type of componants to make insignas, there is nothing we can do.
5. The final point of my solutions is the most controversial, I think.
Refund or not refund?
Does players who already craft ascended armors (I’m one of them) need/must have a refund for all the materials they waste before a possible rebalancing?
Does this refund come in the form of gold or usefull items?
I don’t really know… a refund would some sort of justice for what I think was a mistake, I guess.
Maybe gemstore items, like skins or minipets, maybe scrolls of XP, black lion keys, or materials bags.
It’s up to what they would want to give us I imagine.
=> That’s all I can think of, by now, is it too much? is it not enough? Everyone have a diferent opinion about all this, but this is mine. I hope you like it and I hope a Dev look at this and consider this seriously, and maybe do something.
Thanks for you attention and have fun in this great game!