Acolyte's Armor Can't Salvage

in Crafting

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

So the other day I tried to purchase some cheap Light armor to salvage for Linen. I found that anything named ’Acolyte’s’ vs ‘Acolyte’ would not let me salvage. Why can this be listed on the TP??? It’s not Karma armor so why can’t I Salvage it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pemburu.8143

Pemburu.8143

Because ppl are buying vendor armor for cheap and then selling it to the unsuspecting on the TP for a nice profit. This should not be allowed…. but until TPTB correct it… buyer beware.

in Crafting

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

If it is too cheap to be true, most of the time , it is not true.
So take the blue pill.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in Crafting

Posted by: Undertaker.7451

Undertaker.7451

By Ogden’s Hammer, What Savings!

in Crafting

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Yes, this is a dirty trick and they really should do something about it – like marking the piece as unsalvageable.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

an “unsalvageable” title would be AWESOME. right below their “unique” title and “account bound” and “soulbound on acquire”.
I tried to retrieve my traveler runes from radiant gloves the other day… yeah. figured it was still worth it to use a T crystal.

in Crafting

Posted by: Chibiwolf.6390

Chibiwolf.6390

I had the same problem with some Apprentice Gloves that I bought to salvage and then found that they were not salvageable. I would agree with the addition of a “unsalvageable” title being placed on those items so we are not wasting gold.

in Crafting

Posted by: razzi.1370

razzi.1370

i would also like to complain about this… unsalvagable gear should be marked

in Crafting

Posted by: Necrollis.4372

Necrollis.4372

I agree, this is trashy and underhanded. Yet another waste of my friggin time and hard-earned coin on BS.

And just a heads up, it isn’t just the apprentice/acolyte gear they’ve done it to. Several of the lower end weapons are jacked as well.

(edited by Necrollis.4372)

in Crafting

Posted by: Exquisitor.5076

Exquisitor.5076

Avoid buying the armor when it’s levels are in multiples of 10 or at x5. Otherwise it’s safe.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

My guess is that some mobs still have weapons/armor on their loot table that share an item ID with the vendor bought armor, making them tradeable but not salvageable.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I still can’t think of any reason any item shouldn’t be able to be salvaged – well, with the exception of the radiant and firey ones from achievements, because those you can have unlimited of.
but, seriously, if you want to spend 42,000 karma on an item, why couldn’t you salvage it for 1 glob of ecto? orrian chests give like 500% more gold than that would.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I still can’t think of any reason any item shouldn’t be able to be salvaged – well, with the exception of the radiant and firey ones from achievements, because those you can have unlimited of.
but, seriously, if you want to spend 42,000 karma on an item, why couldn’t you salvage it for 1 glob of ecto? orrian chests give like 500% more gold than that would.

melandru runes were 4g last time i checked.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.