Anti-farm code does exist for Fine Crafting Materials

in Crafting

Posted by: Healerith.5921

Healerith.5921

One thing I would like to point out is that in my experience this Anti-Farm code does NOT exist in your personal story mission. I started noticing this around level 60ish. The drop rates for materials and items are excellent in your personal story. If you skipped some trash during your mission go back and clear it out. Also you can repeat your mission over and over for materials by not completing the ending objective.

This is the perfect work-around for anyone who is working on crafting and has not finished their personal story.

in Crafting

Posted by: nimajneb.3871

nimajneb.3871

Beware of this advice as it has the feeling of something ANet might accuse you of exploiting for.

in Crafting

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

There is either such code or severe problem with game’s RNG. It is very easy to notice in WvW.

Proof:
I farmed first 300 badges for my Invader Bow by getting 1000 WvW kills. (Remainder came from jumping puzzles i think) Drop rate on a big sample was ~3 badges per 10 kills. Next time, i hit 1500 WvW kills and… I’ve not even reached ~50 badges! Drop rate cut down like thrice, wtf? I waited for a day, and next day, i’m getting badges at higher rates again.

Yesterday my guildie compained in TS that for whole day (we raided WvW for 4 hours) he got lots of kills but barely any bags. He was pvping all day. Obviously the system “kicked in” for him and penaltised him for WvWing to much.

I understand you must fight bots, and you cannot announce such stuff (because then bots would work around it) but this exact way to combat bots is ridiculous. That is because a lot of times in MMO, you know its a good idea to find a good “farm spot” and farm it. Breaking this is like breaking one of the pillars MMO stand on. Especially if this is hidden (and you have items that drop very rarely, so its not obvious wether you’re unlucky or were lucky previously)

If this is true then Arenanet just broke their own game. ^^

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Healerith.5921

Healerith.5921

Beware of this advice as it has the feeling of something ANet might accuse you of exploiting for.

Well I only learned this because of repeated personal story bugs in which the mission stalled and I had to repeat it over and over again. There were several personal story bugs that resulted in the mission being unable to be completed. Most of these were fixed, however several personal story missions still have bugs.

in Crafting

Posted by: lysander.6154

lysander.6154

This actually applies to karma, experience and gold rewards for DEs too. In my experience, it also has applied to re-entering personal story events or trying to farm off the ones that have a ton of respawn. The respawns stop dropping loot fairly quickly and if you re-enter enough it seems to kill your drop rate on the stuff you’d killed on the last try.

I don’t think it’s a time trigger though as much as a ‘kill’ trigger. You get some people saying 20 minutes and others citing hours, etc. but in my experience any difference in time before it seems to kick in has come down to how fast I’m killing and how fast things are respawning. Respawning being the key word here, since it only kicks in on -respawns-, the personal story mobs and DE mobs obviously falling under this category if you are repeating the same one. If I had to guess, respawn drops regenerate on the same table as crafting nodes.

The windfall? If you want to farm, don’t farm on respawns. Move on to new areas.

in Crafting

Posted by: tzko.2370

tzko.2370

If the anti farming code is activated when one kills the same type of mobs over and over in the same location then I don’t see the point of it. If moving to another zone, mob, etc changes it then what prevents bots from doing the same?

I mean someone controls them, right? So now all that person has to do is change location/target more often then before. Same thing over again….
Maybe they get hindered or maybe not…still one person can run several games on several pcs and keep farming up while having some sort of rotation schedule in place that maximizes their results.

In the end I feel affected, I like to participate in events, dungeons and the whole mikmak. But once in a while I like to focus on nothing and just farm while listening to music (Grindmind what I call it). Now I feel like thats being taken away from me. Everyone talks about drop rates reduced after an hour but with me it feels like it happens more often… could be my imagination tho.