Any advice for crafting Volcanus?

in Crafting

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

Hi there,
After rerolling a Charr Warrior, and using my previous character name for him (Hellfang). I was looking forward to make that name “real” if you know what I mean.
So far the weapon that got my attention weren’t the legendaries (which btw are really ugly but it’s just my opinion) but Volcanus, the fiery greatsword.

I looked at the prices on my server and it’s around 360-380 golds. I do not know if crafting it or instant buy would be cheaper.
So I came here looking for some advice. Anything else than farming CoF 1? I’m slowly trying to save my money, selling yellow gear, useless crafting material that I won’t use for my professions (Master Chef & Jeweler but my char is low lvl in both).

So is there anything else that I can do to have a good income of money ?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The TP is global, that is not the price on your server. It is the price on every server.
If you have an extra 500 skill points lying around you could make it for around 200g.
If you don’t or you just don’t want to do that much clicking you could make it for around 280g.

Edit: Oops forgot the recipe sheet so add 10g to both of those prices.

in Crafting

Scar.1793

well I just have 64 skillpoints lol.. far from what is needed^^
So the global price for getting the materials is around 290 – 300g ?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

well I just have 64 skillpoints lol.. far from what is needed^^
So the global price for getting the materials is around 290 – 300g ?

More or less, assuming you are going to buy everything by matching the highest buy orders. You could reduce it a bit more if you research the prices a bit to see how low they can go and of course you could farm some of the items yourself as you are waiting for the orders to fill. You will need a minimum of 50SP(on a single character) for the Eldritch Scroll.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

You can join the frostgorge champ farm. Incredibly boring, but probably the best farm in GW2 atm.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Crafting it is ALWAYS cheaper (unless there’s just been a weird fluctuation in materials prices and the finished weapons prices haven’t caught up yet).

The person selling the finished weapon is looking to make back his own material prices, the TP fees, and get some return on his time. Make it yourself and there are no TP fees and you’re paying yourself for the time.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Just make an Ele and you can have volcanus for free whenever you want and will help on tons of content…

[DONE]

in Crafting

Scar.1793

Thanks for the help guys !

And no, I’ve never liked to play a caster. If we can call Ele caster that is lol.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

For most crafted items you can check gw2spidy to see if it’s better to buy the mats and craft or buy the item itself… unfortunately it doesn’t list out the mats and take them into account for forged weapons. In general with these items it’s better to gather it all yourself. I would just do some quick math to confirm it. Some times you can put in low buy orders and save even on those items Vs. crafting it yourself.

The champ train will get you gold and skill points. I suggest you queue up some movies or a T.V. series and play dual screened or windowed so you don’t go insane from boredom.

So will doing fast dungeons once a day for the 1g bonus (CoF 1/2, SE 1/3, AC 3, and HoTW 1 are very fast and people run them 24/7 TA FF,UU are also very fast but are run less often). For COF and HoTW you can turn in 30 tokens for a rare armor to salvage. The rest you can turn them in for an exotic weapon and choose the rabid/soldier stat weapons to give you a chance for ectos + a chance at an inscription of that type (sells for 4.8-5gish depending on type) + a chance at dark matter (in case you ever need it for ascended crafting).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)