Any chance of 22 or higher slot bags soon?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sundrah.4239

Sundrah.4239

If so, I really hope that we can make them without having to buy runes from the vendors.

10 gold per gossamer bag after we’ve earned all the other mats is extremely stupid and I hope the guy who made it this way rethinks himself.

in Crafting

Posted by: CelestialWyrm.8572

CelestialWyrm.8572

Out of curiosity, why would you need that much space? 20 slots put you at 100 inventory space without buying any additional slots, and that’s quite enough unless you are farming for 10 hours without ever going to a vendor.

That being said, it’s unlikely we’ll ever see anything over 20 slots.

Imperial Coalition [ICoa]
Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: xExitium.5198

xExitium.5198

No. Why you need that many slot?
If you have additional tab for inventory, full 20 slot bag. That’s 140 space.
Bank 8 tab, 30slot/ea give you total of 240 space.
Guild Bank full Architecture upgrade give 250 space.

That’s total 630 space you have. -.-
Or without those additional tab, you have 380 space.

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

Gold sinks need to exist. That’s why you pay for the runes.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

you realise you can get free 20 slot bags from Fractal’s for 150 tokens each right?

they dont just hold armour and weapons, they hold everything.

in Crafting

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Gold sinks need to exist.

There’s plenty of them already.

That’s why you pay for the runes.

The exponential difference in prices is kitten

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

i can imagine 22 slot bags for…. 30g. and yea, gold sinks in game are not enough imo.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Talyjta.9081

Talyjta.9081

Out of curiosity, why would you need that much space?

Discovering cooking recipes, maybe? There are 100ish different intermediates that need to be stored – because otherwise you’ll never find out what’s missing in your 4th slot. (Except internet study, but that’s less fun.)

in Crafting

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

22 slots…and I don’t even use the 20 slots ones…got room to spare still.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Crafting

Posted by: lunartic.3647

lunartic.3647

Discovering cooking recipes, maybe? There are 100ish different intermediates that need to be stored – because otherwise you’ll never find out what’s missing in your 4th slot. (Except internet study, but that’s less fun.)

When u double click and item in the discovery tab it tells you how many discoverable recipes there are, make x number of that item = profit Hope that helps

in Crafting

Talyjta.9081

Still you have to store it somewhere… thus you need either 3 to 4 additional bank slots or a lot of bags.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

If so, I really hope that we can make them without having to buy runes from the vendors.

10 gold per gossamer bag after we’ve earned all the other mats is extremely stupid and I hope the guy who made it this way rethinks himself.

They did yet. We got a 20 slot for lost shores events, and 20slot bags farming fractals for free, account bound too ( awesome for alts storage) + starter bag . Aren’t you happy, or you still waste money for craft them?

We don’t need 22 slot at all.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Out of curiosity, why would you need that much space? 20 slots put you at 100 inventory space without buying any additional slots, and that’s quite enough unless you are farming for 10 hours without ever going to a vendor.

That being said, it’s unlikely we’ll ever see anything over 20 slots.

probably the only reason to get a full set of 20slot bags. but for the 20slot invisible bags, there are alot of uses. I plan to get one eventually.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Talyjta.9081

We don’t need 22 slot at all.

Hmm, kind of true, we should go on with 25, then 30, maybe 36 and 42 and so on…

He, yesyesyes, I know, they will never come true… but isn’t it allow to dream a little bit :-o ?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

For sure.
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes- Cinderella

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

I can not imagine needing anything more than 20. My god. 5 of them is 100 per character.

You people need to sell more stuff rather than carting it around with you all the time.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My characters at the moment are still running around with 5 and 8 slot bags, and I typically never run out of inventory space. You just need to sell loot whenever you meet a merchant. Remember that you can sell loot to Heart NPC’s, armorsmiths, weaponsmiths etc. too!

in Crafting

Posted by: Ferracio.6187

Ferracio.6187

I have to agree that, for general use, even 8-slot bags are usually enough. 20-slots would be an amazing luxury.
However, the point about cooking is true: You need way more space to discover cooking recipes than for any other use in the game. I think the best solution would be to allow collection use for some of the more common intermediaries, like seasoning or (perhaps) dough-balls.

in Crafting

xExitium.5198

You don’t need that many space for discovering cooking recipe. Since 101 of the mats are deposit-able & appear on discovery panel.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You don’t need that many space for discovering cooking recipe. Since 101 of the mats are deposit-able & appear on discovery panel.

Ah, I forgot about cooking ingredients. It’s true that most of the materials can be deposited in the bank, it’s kind of annoying that advanced ingredients like Balls of Dough (I’m talking about ingredients that aren’t consumable food in themselves) can’t be stored. It’s not an issue for me as I bought all the extra Bank tabs and so I just dedicate one tab to cooking materials, but I agree that space can become a bit of a premium for a Chef.

in Crafting

Posted by: Graill.8596

Graill.8596

“Gold sinks need to exist. That’s why you pay for the runes.”

Untrue, they do not need to exist, any type of sink that has no utility, and bag runes are one example are never needed. The only people that believe gold sinks need to exist are the devs…and you obviously.

There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.

in Crafting

xExitium.5198

Ah, I forgot about cooking ingredients. It’s true that most of the materials can be deposited in the bank, it’s kind of annoying that advanced ingredients like Balls of Dough (I’m talking about ingredients that aren’t consumable food in themselves) can’t be stored. It’s not an issue for me as I bought all the extra Bank tabs and so I just dedicate one tab to cooking materials, but I agree that space can become a bit of a premium for a Chef.

Yea, ingredients can’t be deposit into collectible, that’s unfortunate.
But in the first place, why you craft them out & not using it? lol

in Crafting

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I have to sell my inventar about every 2 hours in WvW because it’s full…more space would be nice.

in Crafting

Talyjta.9081

But in the first place, why you craft them out & not using it? lol

To get skill points, of course. (Is it that hard to realize? Lol, no?)

in Crafting

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

I vote skipping any interim sizes and going straight to 30. Nice even rows, no gaps.

If you have like say 22 slots, that is one extra row of scrolling for not much added space, and my scrolly wheel finger is somewhat arthritic.

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

You do realize that you don’t need to have the stuff in your actual inventory right? Discoveries draw directly from your collection bank and have for quite a while.

Also, invest $10 into gems every week or two and buy some extra bag slots. You can get 160 that way, assuming you have all 8 bag slots and 20 slot bags. And it’s probably still cheaper to buy extra bag slots with gold outright than buying the rune for 20 slot bags.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I discovered all cooking recipes this way (before passion fruit was added) and only needed the starting backpack and some 8-12 slot bags (with no additional inventory slots). I used 5 or 6 storage panels too until I realized that some of the foods list something like “Chef (125)” at the bottom, indicating that they are not used as an ingredient. You can consume, sell, or move the ones that aren’t used as an ingredient to another character and you won’t need nearly as much space.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

TabMorte.5297

“Gold sinks need to exist. That’s why you pay for the runes.”

Untrue, they do not need to exist, any type of sink that has no utility, and bag runes are one example are never needed. The only people that believe gold sinks need to exist are the devs…and you obviously.

This is not true.

Gold sinks need to exist to keep the TP economy from getting even more insane than it already is. The only things the dev control is the faucet and the drain and even the faucet is dubious given the ability of people to just buy into the economy with RL$.

There for they MUST use the drain to maintain a stable economy or they have to really wind down the faucet (lower drop rates even more).

Think about how much people are complaining about the cost of precursers and things on the TP. Imagine how much worse it would be if people (specifically the dedicated farmers who would gain exponentially more than the casual players) had even MORE money and there for were willing to pay even more?

(edited by TabMorte.5297)

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

you know…some people pump and dump on the tp and that requires 100k-200k items to corner a market. that’s why some people need that much space. just sayin…

in Crafting

Talyjta.9081

I used 5 or 6 storage panels too until I realized that some of the foods list something like “Chef (125)” at the bottom, indicating that they are not used as an ingredient.

I wasn’t counting those.

You do realize that you don’t need to have the stuff in your actual inventory right? Discoveries draw directly from your collection bank and have for quite a while.

It’s around 100 Intermediates – those that cannot be stored in the collection bank. And according spending money – I would have done if it only had been possible. But it wasn’t, all my attemps ended with an error code. Thus, no gems for me.

in Crafting

TabMorte.5297

you know…some people pump and dump on the tp and that requires 100k-200k items to corner a market. that’s why some people need that much space. just sayin…

What most of us do is stand beside the bank, open it in one window, inventory in another, sell sell sell, click on the bank window and add add add, back to inventory sell sell sell.

It’s not anything that 10 more bank slots is going to remedy any how.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

It’s around 100 Intermediates – those that cannot be stored in the collection bank. And according spending money – I would have done if it only had been possible. But it wasn’t, all my attemps ended with an error code. Thus, no gems for me.

You can use them from your bank, as with all discoveries. If you were receiving an error when you tried to do that, you should try again and report that error if it persists.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Talyjta.9081

My bank doesn’t have so much free slots, you see…

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I used 5 or 6 storage panels too until I realized that some of the foods list something like “Chef (125)” at the bottom, indicating that they are not used as an ingredient.

I wasn’t counting those.

You can buy gems with in game gold. If you’re worrying about 20 slot bags then you’re obviously doing well enough to be able to afford enough gems to buy a bag slot or 2. You can probably get enough gems for 3 or 4 bag slots for 10g and get yourself some 15 or 18 slot bags to fill them for not much more than that.

in Crafting

Talyjta.9081

You can buy gems with in game gold.

I have no ingame Gold. Only around 75 silver. Okay, my highest Character is only Lvl 40, and i’m quite sure it will become more over time. But the gem price also will increase over time.
Thus it’s not very probable for me thet I will ever have the opportunity to buy gems with ingame gold.