Anyone watching the price on t6 C. Dust?

in Crafting

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

40s for a single pile of Crystalline Dust? Twice the cost of ectos. . . Something is very wrong here. I guess everyone is farming in Southsun instead of Orr? An adjustment would be appreciated. This is crazy.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

I’m cashing out!

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I cashed out too…. had made a whole pile of it 6 months ago when I took a break from the game (and forgot to sell it off back then or make other T6’s like I planned to originally.) Back then I think it took a little less than 2 gold to amass that much. …lol.

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

People farming Southsun instead of Orr, the Penitent/Shelter’s/Jofast chain nerf (events take longer to reset), etc, etc…

I can’t fathom these things maintaining such a high price without something being done soon. I’m hoping the next living story (after Dragon Bash) will draw the crowd to a dust-heavy area :/

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Crafting

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

it was 40 silver now its back to 40 silver so what is your problem?

in Crafting

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

and it once was 80c
The point is, it costs double as much as the other T6 materials.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Crafting

Posted by: IzyBizy.7561

IzyBizy.7561

Dust shoul be 10-20s range coz most t5 tranmution need Dusts, if price is 40s+ what is the point lol

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

People farming Southsun instead of Orr, the Penitent/Shelter’s/Jofast chain nerf (events take longer to reset), etc, etc…

I can’t fathom these things maintaining such a high price without something being done soon. I’m hoping the next living story (after Dragon Bash) will draw the crowd to a dust-heavy area :/

Basically this.

In Southsun you can easily farm large quantities of all T6 mats except Dust. Well, at least as long as current event goes on and you get 200% MF boost. I think I got 2-3 stacks of all T5 and at least 1 stack of T6 mats since start of this event, again, except dust.

On the other hand, I tried to farm a bit in CS yesterday and found that “farming” there feels dull and boring compared to SC events.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Dust will rise higher than 40s in a few weeks if Anet doesn’t do something about it (that’s why I’m holding my stacks)

In the meantime I’m buying I’m loads of totems and sacs for the inevitable jump.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: mginn.4502

mginn.4502

Items

• Globs of Ectoplasm can now be salvaged into Piles of Crystalline Dust. This change should help Globs of Ectoplasm maintain a strong value in the economy and lower the cost of Crystalline Dust.
  • Master Tuning Crystals, Master Maintenance Oil, and Superior Sharpening Stone recipes now take more Piles of Crystalline Dust to craft. This change is to help these consumables maintain a high value with the new influx of dust.

From https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-June-11th-2013

in Crafting

Posted by: orphanMosquito.5837

orphanMosquito.5837

They need to stop trying to manipulate the market and let it take its course. It was very evident that ecto was trending down and dust was trending up. So I sold ecto and farmed/forged dust. Now that work is wasted. Whats the point in trying to act smart in the game when all they do is screw it up.

Commander – Gentle Spider
FC [WZ] – Guardian|Warrior|Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They need to stop trying to manipulate the market and let it take its course. It was very evident that ecto was trending down and dust was trending up. So I sold ecto and farmed/forged dust. Now that work is wasted. Whats the point in trying to act smart in the game when all they do is screw it up.

As an entertainment company, ANet also needs to take into account the “fun” other players are having. Because Crystalline Dust is used in so many high level recipes (not to mention as ingredients for Legendaries and the Triforge), prohibitively expensive Dust prevents many players from being able to do what they want to do at high levels.

It’s not the first time that ANet has intervened when they felt prices were too high either, or when there was too much supply of a certain item. They increased drop rates of Vanilla, and reduced drops of Butter/Chocolate, for instance. There is always the chance to get burned when speculating/investing.