Are you sure increased Vanilla Beans was implemented?

in Crafting

Posted by: Etayn.4375

Etayn.4375

Q:

• Increased the chance to get vanilla beans from herb nodes in the Tarnished Coast and Steamspur Mountains.

I seem to be getting more Black Peppercorn than ever, and haven’t seen an increase in Vanilla Beans. Am I in the wrong place? Where exactly is(are?) the Tarnished Coast and Steamspur Mountains? Yes I could buy them from the BLTC, but I am the type of person that would rather go out and get them. It’s no fun when I can’t find them though.
Anyone else having better luck?

p.s. yay for finally being able to get past the user agreement cookie thing and registering for the forums.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kimos.5098

Kimos.5098

Not sure about those areas but Metrica Province nodes seem to be about 75% vanilla 25% peppercorn. Price has dropped 30% on TP within the last day or two so seems people are finding them more or needing them less.

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

I’ve been getting more vanilla in tarnished coast (in one run I got about 8 which is up from 0)

in Crafting

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Should have sold my 40+ vanilla beans earlier :|

in Crafting

Posted by: ccdsurf.8639

ccdsurf.8639

@CHOAM, with your name I am surprised you made a economic miscue. Forget vanilla futures… the worms are the spice!

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

• 1 week later & They’re still over 2 silver ea (1 node = 5 usually = 10s)

I hit a Lot of nodes on the East shores of sorrow’s… (what they dub the “Steamspur Mtns” but is actually the old disputed Asuran/Orrian coast from GW1 and part of the Droknar’s area. What I found is still very disheartening. Roughly 35 Tarragon & 20 Peppercorn, after checking every single Node from LA’s Door to Sparkfly Swamps and beyond (not 1 single Vanilla in Sparkfly by the way…) and only 5 nodes out of the 40+ that I checked gave Vanilla and only in Mt Maelstrom. Which in itself was an outlier also because I narrowed those 5 nodes down to a possible group of 8 nodes that only ever spawn in 2.5 tiny little sections north of Mt Maelstrom and the actual drop rate for those 8 possible nodes is still far less than 62.5%

I prepared this image to show where these nodes are:
http://home.comcast.net/~ill_er/GW/SW_van-nodes.jpg

If someone has found any in Sparkfly that can provide Vanilla, please post or PM their location. I’d really appreciate it. While it was nice to have so much Tarragon on hand to make Bread for my guild’s 60’s who wanted to do CM (the only practical use for it) … we’ve moved past that and there’s just nothing else to make with it

I’m beginning to think the only thing that will fix this issue, is either a LOT MORE herb nodes being added, or if they added a Forge recipe that let us combine 25 leeks, 25 green onions, 25 peppercorns, & 100 mushrooms into 75-125 (random scope) Vanilla.

(edited by ilr.9675)