Are your Infusion slots all Empty?

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Mine sure are….

5 Laurels just isn’t worth it …. even in WvW … I don’t see any point in 1% reduction against something that never posed a real threat to me in the first place. And I don’t play fractals so I see no point in forging those ones either.

It just feels like …. if the generic +4 ones are supposed to be our general-purpose PvE ones??…. that they really failed hard here on the pricing of them. I just can’t justify 5 days of hoarding per infusion when I’ve got a growing arsonal {sic b/c filter} of ascended items rapidly outpacing that horribly meager benefit of filling those slots…. if I for instance filled 5 of them, that’s a whole month’s worth of hoarding laurels, for one third of the +Stats I get just eating a level 80 steak…

Okay maybe these tiny +Stats are permanent, but they add up to so little…. And that’s fine too, we don’t need insane levels of powercreep here. But the COST creep has already gone way beyond reason. When are we getting some other currency access to these? Why not Karma or Obbies or some other lower-demand currency here?

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Price of infusions are a bit steep. Somewhere in the future though I hope they have better options of getting them or make Laurels a bit easier to access. ether way it makes little to no difference unless you are hardcore into FotM, everything else is just flavor so no rush getting them in my infusion slots.

[DONE]

in Crafting

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Laurels aren’t difficult to get, they just take time to accumulate. It won’t be long before people have enough laurels they can easily afford all the infusions they want and still have some left over.

Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Only true if you play one character Veltoss. I will still be another 6 months or so before I will have ascended accessories for my small man / solo gear set. Then I can start working on other toons.

in Crafting

ilr.9675

Laurels aren’t difficult to get, they just take time to accumulate. It won’t be long before people have enough laurels they can easily afford all the infusions they want and still have some left over.

It’s not the “difficulty” of acquiring them … it’s the fact that the slots themselves, are now competing directly a multitude of “Better” choices…. such as heavy T6 bags, Bonding Agents, and unlocking more Ascended Recipes … that all cost Laurels too. The recipes especially b/c it’s possible for a relatively casual player, to acquire enough mats every 5 days, for a new Ascended weapon. And that just kicks the ball further down the road. They never reach a point where it looks like they’ll ever start catching up filling those holes. More holes just keep getting added.

in Crafting

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Why would they be empty? They should be filled with AR.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

in Crafting

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I have the +5 Power, +5 Agony Resist infusions and +5 Vitality, +5 Agony Resist infusions.
Sorry? Nope.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

8 level 80s that I’m trying to get ascended trinkets for and now the ascended weapons. Next will be ascended armor. That’s a lot of laurels. It will be a long time before I will have laurels to spare.

in Crafting

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

The only ones I bother to get are for the two-handed weapons. I’d rather spend my laurels on other things.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Crafting

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

The costs are steep but that’s the brilliance in the design.

The cost is so steep compared to the gain, that one really has to choose whether or not that tiny gain is worth it. For most, the answer is a definitive no.

It does give people something to differentiate, to claim they have more stats. It’s really what it’s all about. That +1 might be so small, but it does exist and people go for it for the heck of it. The progression is so flat, one might imagine it’s merely horizontal.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Crafting

Posted by: Lomi.2764

Lomi.2764

I will ask here so i don’t open new topic.

Can anyone tell me if having two one-handed weapons equipped gives more AR than one two-handed weapon OR is the same? example: axe/axe vs greatsword.

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

2 hands weapons have 2 infusion slots
1 hand weapons have 1 infusion slots

So if you are full ascended/legendary you have same AR with both weaponsets.

P.S. i use versatile infusions for AR …other are too expensive and i need AR.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Crafting

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

AR for what? PvE? Endless dungeon grind? lol

AR does nothing for WvW.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Unless you have alts, in which case you’re SoL.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Crafting

ilr.9675

AR for WHAT???

A lot of us who should benefit in general PvE from upgrading to an Ascended, don’t do Fractals

in Crafting

Posted by: mipbar.2986

mipbar.2986

Unless you have alts, in which case you’re SoL.

I play all 8 characters. I did some quick math and it would take 4 months of doing every single daily and monthly to get enough laurels to equip 5 pieces of WvW ascended accessories with infusions on one single character. And, that’s without spending laurels on ascended weapon recipes (and whatever else you can spend them on.) I"m beyond tired of this intentional delay crap and monstrously tough, time-intensive tactic for so little gain.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cracklerjack.4895

Cracklerjack.4895

I just don’t understand you guys at all. There has got to be some kind of progression in this game. You know what would really upset people would be all these tedious things for LARGE rewards.

I have an example for you guys, FFXIV makes it so you have to do dungeons to get tokens (much like gw2) however, to get the legendary gear you have to grind a dungeon endlessly to get 40 tokens a run. You can only cap at 300 a week and to get the full set is going to cost easily over 4k-5k. and that is for ONE character. Not to mention the dungeon run themselves can take over 30 minutes to complete with a coordinated team. Mind you, you need this gear in order to do the actual end game content. There is no way around it.

Compared to that, GW2 is a cake walk and it needs tedious stuff to continue progression.

I have taken a break from GW2 simply because of the lack of end game pve content but I’ll probably come back once they implement legendary gear. So what if you have to work to get that extra edge? This game is already too easy as is.

(edited by Cracklerjack.4895)

in Crafting

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

I agree with OP. Infusions are only worth it if you need AR, and AR is only used in one tiny slice of the content pie. Myself, I never do FoTM, so AR is completely irrelevant, and infusions too costly.

So yeah. ALL of my infusion slots are empty and probably always will be.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Personally, I think that the infusions should be retooled a bit.

For example, defensive infusions should be things like “Magic Resistance”, “Physical Damage Reflection”, “Chance for Random Buff when hit”, etc.

Stat boosts are boring. Let’s not do boring, OK?

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I just don’t understand you guys at all. There has got to be some kind of progression in this game. You know what would really upset people would be all these tedious things for LARGE rewards.

I have an example for you guys, FFXIV makes it so you have to do dungeons to get tokens (much like gw2) however, to get the legendary gear you have to grind a dungeon endlessly to get 40 tokens a run. You can only cap at 300 a week and to get the full set is going to cost easily over 4k-5k. and that is for ONE character. Not to mention the dungeon run themselves can take over 30 minutes to complete with a coordinated team. Mind you, you need this gear in order to do the actual end game content. There is no way around it.

Compared to that, GW2 is a cake walk and it needs tedious stuff to continue progression.

I have taken a break from GW2 simply because of the lack of end game pve content but I’ll probably come back once they implement legendary gear. So what if you have to work to get that extra edge? This game is already too easy as is.

How much of an edge is extra 10points in some stat?
+10 Power? RNG from weapon power is going to make a bigger difference
+10 Precision? Not even enough for one more % crit chance
+10 Toughness? You are probably better off just strafing
+10 Vitality? Maybe one extra tick from some weak condition
+10 Healing Power? Not going to do anything
+10 Condition Damage? Not doing to do much if anything

in Crafting

ilr.9675

I don’t honestly CARE what the stats ARE. The numbers could all be 1%… infact they ARE 1% on all the WvW ones. All I’m asking, is why is it set up so that you can literally acquire ascended items FASTER than you can acquire the mostly useless and Non-Powercreeping infusions?

Again: AR = pure gearbased PowerCreep
Everything else that’s an Infusion currently = WHO CARES.

So why are the who cares ones harder to acquire than the items they go into???

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

My guess would be that jewelers will be able to craft infusion once it gets upped to lvl 500.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

My guess would be that jewelers will be able to craft infusion once it gets upped to lvl 500.

Well, if they don’t get something unique to craft, Jeweler will be a “why bother” discipline to level to 500. All the stuff jewelers can make have been available in Ascended for several months now and most people who are interested in it already have that gear..

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Oooh, I would LOVE that.

I still hope we’ll be able to craft our own Ascended rings/amulets/trinkets though. As someone who enjoys crafting my own equipment, I’d much prefer that over farming Fractals for rings.

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Of course they’re empty, ilr. You’re an intelligent forum poster, I take it, why did you ask?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Crafting

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I have the +5 Power, +5 Agony Resist infusions and +5 Vitality, +5 Agony Resist infusions.
Sorry? Nope.

I got one of those because I had a buttload of ancient bones at one point, and put it in my ring.

Then it got needlessly and unfairly deleted when I upgraded my ring to the infused version.

Needless to say, I haven’t bothered replacing it with another +stat infusion.

in Crafting

ilr.9675

okay that would be an exemplary addition & quality of life detail….

in Crafting

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

People need to understand Ascended gear was meant only for Fractals, but as WvW players complained about it, they made it available through medals too.

in Crafting

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

People need to understand Ascended gear was meant only for Fractals, but as WvW players complained about it, they made it available through medals too.

Nope. If it was, then the only difference from Exotic would be the Infusion slot (not the stats), and it wouldn’t be buyable with Laurels. Fractals were merely where it first came in.

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

if you have wvw badges (which flow like water from the achievement chest faucet), then make sure you get the WvW infusions instead of the PvE Laurel Vendor infusions.

The WvW versions have 25% higher stats (yeah +5 instead of +4 lol). In addition you get a 1% adjustment for NPC damage (either given or taken) which is just frosting.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

I just find it confusing that I can get 20/14/+14 stats from crests, but an ascended infusion is +4 or +5. That’s it??

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I just find it confusing that I can get 20/14/+14 stats from crests, but an ascended infusion is +4 or +5. That’s it??

Actually not so surprising. The jewel/crest is already factored in on Ascended gear.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

yes, sadly my slots are empty

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Personally, I think that the infusions should be retooled a bit.

For example, defensive infusions should be things like “Magic Resistance”, “Physical Damage Reflection”, “Chance for Random Buff when hit”, etc.

Stat boosts are boring. Let’s not do boring, OK?

This already utterly easy game does not require more passive effects.
Please do not take even more skill out of pvp.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

mtpelion.4562

Umm… what?

No aspect of the infusions require skill to use now, my suggestion would therefore not remove any skill. In fact, my suggestion would require you to actually think about the situational impact of the different infusions (similar to runes/sigils).

Also, all effects other than dodging and ability activation are passive.

in Crafting

ilr.9675

Or PvE either … IoW: my guild went into this “Friendship is steampunk Assault” whatever it is, and just rolled over everything b/c we were already all experienced with the Gimmicky-ness of Anet’s dungeons (we ran Manlyspike for everything in Gw1) and most of us had 2-3 Ascended weapons already. I’m building my 4th one today (offhand Axe for reflect/pull utility). It was nothing at all like the first time we had done AC & then COE & then Arah where coming up just a little short on DPS meant we had to completely reformulate our entire approach, learn the telegraphs, and even change traits. …Nah, this was just a matter of letting the higher base damage & RNG crits decide the outcome for us. We might as well have been sitting at a table rolling D20’s and firing magic missile at the darkness.

But that ship has sailed and it doesn’t excuse the Quality of Life issue here that we’re staring at empty slots and the whole thing just feels….. incomplete right now. It’s this uneasy feeling that probably drives completionists crazy I would imagine. I’m only 12.5% autistic and it drives me crazy every day I see them and make the mats for the next one. …. There’s absolutely no reason the cost should outweigh the benefit by a factor of 10 here. Anet’s better than this (usually). We can’t excuse how arbitrary this is, just b/c 10% more base damage can trivialize their very poorly designed Zerker-only DPS-check content. That’s a separate issue that they need to fix later.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Umm… what?

No aspect of the infusions require skill to use now, my suggestion would therefore not remove any skill. In fact, my suggestion would require you to actually think about the situational impact of the different infusions (similar to runes/sigils).

No more random, selfinduced buffs, resistances, triggers, debuffs. The player shall play the game, not his build.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

What no of course not, there’s way too many ways to get infusions for them to be empty. At worst I just buy them from the robot inside fractals.

If your infusion slots are completely empty, are you even trying?

in Crafting

mtpelion.4562

Umm… what?

No more random, selfinduced buffs, resistances, triggers, debuffs. The player shall play the game, not his build.

Changing a current passive stat into something that is either a different passive stat or a procdoes not in any way reduce the skill level of any aspect of the game. It just makes the current boring stat slightly more customizable or dynamic. That is all.