Armorsmith, Leatherworker or Tailor

in Crafting

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I don’t have much time play of this, in fact this was my first event, or at least the first one i knew what i was doing and got all the achieves, and i’m a pve only player (so far pretty much open world type) so yeah, probably i shouldn’t even be concerned about this but…

I got the Exotic backpiece blades, and enough blade items to upgrade it and to get the Recipe from the 3g npc, but i didn’t bother with the other items yet. The thing is i got 0 crafting skills, but i was told a few times that i should be able to upgrade the item to Ascended later if i have all the items, even after the event ends.*

*tl;dr I would like to start working on one of those skills, so which one would be the cheapest and which one would be the most useful (be it to get profit from crafting stuff later on, to craft items i will need, or for similar situations in future events)?

I’m asking you guys this bec you certainly know more about this than me and probably have a good idea about which would be the best option for me. Idk which more info i should add as i’m not sure about what a max lvl craft skill is able to craft of ‘important’ stuff, but i guess that probably armorsmith would be the answer bec of ascended gear? but should be more expensive; i would like some 20bags (i guess that would be some free exp and cheaper than buying from tp) for my main and 2 other lv80 chars (as well as a lowbie that i use as storage and i may level one more char to 80), so perhaps leatherworker would be the best one based on price/utility ratio for me? What do you guys think?

in Crafting

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Leatherworker most def-its cheaper to lvl it from 0-500 + make the backpiece than it is just to make the backpiece in tailoring.
YAY balance

in Crafting

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Leatherworker for the cheapest road to the backpiece. Elonian Leather Square (the material that depends on the craft) is currently around 4g40s/each (http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7307) Leatherworker makes Ascended Armor for Medium Armor-users (Thief, Ranger, Engineer)

How-ever Armorsmith isn’t much more expensive with Deldrimor Steel Ingot of 5g 60s/each (http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7313) and they take a similar price to level to 500 (http://www.gw2crafts.net/total.html) Armorsmith makes Ascended Armor for Heavy Armor users (Warrior and Guardian)

Tailor is a no-no due to the expensive price of Bolt of Damask of 12g 50s/each (http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7309) and should only be considered if you’re absolutely certain you want to craft Ascended Light Armor (used by Elementalist, Mesmers and Necromancers.)

TL;DR/Conclusion: Leatherworking is the cheapest option overall. Armorsmith isn’t far behind so should be considered if your main is a Warrior or Guardian

in Crafting

Pokecenter.3548

My main changes according with my mood, usually if i do a break i end up leveling another character <.< but i get your point, that was very helpful since i had no idea it worked like that (the armor crafts). I did realise that Leatherwork was the cheapest (to craft the backpiece at least). I guess i’m going with that then, and start working a few levels on it since i got alot of mats siting around and im in need of more inventory/bank space, gonna look for one of those leveling guides.

By the way, how much roughly it would cost me to get one skill to 500? I was told that about 120g should do it, assuming i got some mats and avoid buying expensive stuff from TP (or buying from there at all if possible). Now that i think about that, i’m not sure if they mean 0-500 or 400-500.

in Crafting

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

The gw2crafts.net is the only guide that updates based on the current TP-prices that I know off, so those are as accurate as I can give them to you. How-ever you can also chose to do 450-475 by refining the Ascended Materials and selling those for a small profit. The downside is that those materials are time-gated (you can make 1 per kind per day) making it a slow progress. This means the 450-500 bit you can get away with crafting a few armors less.

in Crafting

Pokecenter.3548

Actually i did some research couple days ago and came across that site which clarified me about quite a few things.

Thanks again.