Ascended Armor, When?

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: MokoToko.6890

MokoToko.6890

Ascended Armor: When?

Since it is well known that the models for ascended currently already exist and are under the placeholders of Wupwup, I merely had a single question which is actually incredibly relevant to some of us looking to not waste our time using materials when the gear ladder is going to be extended by another rung quite soon. The only lingering question in the air that is relevant to those who want to know is when, and I can tell you why this is extremely important for us players:

The amount of timegates in this game are getting to a ridiculous degree, with the celestial materials being the most astonishing one. A full set of celestial gear takes an entire month to make, no ifs, ands or buts.

Now what’s the direct correlation between the Ascended Gear release and the timegates around Celestial gear itself? Wonderful question, allow me to explain with the probably most notorious situation that could arise from this mix-up:

Snodly Q. Prunecrackers has just spent the past month buying up quartz crystals and logging in every day to charge one set of crystals to save up enough of the mats to make an entire set of celestial gear for his guardian. Way to go, Snodly! He then dedicates the money and time to learn and create his entire set of armor for his guardian, resulting in a wonderful full celestial guardian that does everything a guard could ever need! But, lo an behold, the ingenious minds behind crafting, design, and gameplay, decide to release Ascended Armor the very next day!

How do you think poor dear Snodly feels after dedicating an entire month to just crafting his set of armor, even longer if he decides to create a weapon set, only to just have the entire process be repeated all over again just so he can keep up with the gear ladder that you guys are trying to ninja into the game without admitting it? I would feel rather enraged myself, if not distraught; I would be entirely less inclined to continue playing at this rate from the amount of time and materials wasted for an entire month only to have it thrown right back in my face.

So in conclusion, as a concerned player whom is trying to decide whether or not to spend all of her materials making a celestial set if Ascended Armor is literally right around the corner, I merely ask for an answer for as to when Ascended Armor will be released, just so I can judge whether or not to dedicate the awful timegating process to making even more quartz or to just hold onto all my crystals until the release.

That, or you could just get rid of the timegate on Celestial materials and I would gladly make both sets.

Just saying.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I think we’ll see it by january, i’m just saving up gold and cloth in the meantime.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Prunecrakers probably should get friends or read the forums more often so he knows that Ascended Armor is incomming and have a plan for it at least 2-3 months in advance. Since the information has been out for a while, he may assume that Ascended might have came earlier, but if it didn’t it should have meant he has more time to save up for the materials instead of less. If he was unable to hold himself in and splurged, then he can work it up like most other players who played for the moment.

[DONE]

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Gear ladder? Ascended may be difficult to get, but that’s one short ladder. Ascended is really the last tier being released. Legendary armor is coming too, but those stats are changeable on the fly.

NSPride <3

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

MokoToko.6890

Gear ladder? Ascended may be difficult to get, but that’s one short ladder. Ascended is really the last tier being released. Legendary armor is coming too, but those stats are changeable on the fly.

It’s the combination of some of the timegates that make the gear ladder longer than it actually is, because most players don’t have the money to just buy all of the materials to skip the timegates involved in making ascended material.

I think we’ll see it by january, i’m just saving up gold and cloth in the meantime.

If it’s January then I can rest easy making this set now and the ascended set when it comes out, because I would have enough crystals saved up from charging them throughout december.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I want Ascended Food.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Razor.9872

I want Ascended Food.

Ascended Waffles! Or…wait….ASCENDED BACON.

NSPride <3

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Razor.9872

It’s the combination of some of the timegates that make the gear ladder longer than it actually is, because most players don’t have the money to just buy all of the materials to skip the timegates involved in making ascended material.

Or they can just craft with the time-gate. It’s not like they need the weapons right now anyway. As you have said, “most players don’t have the money to just buy all the materials to skip the time-gates.” I would say even more don’t have the money to buy all the materials to begin with. With most people, the time-gate won’t be a hindrance, but rather a pacer to help them not feel inferior.

NSPride <3

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

My guess is it will be mid December, together with 3 new Fractal maps. Just guessing though

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

MokoToko.6890

Or they can just craft with the time-gate. It’s not like they need the weapons right now anyway. As you have said, “most players don’t have the money to just buy all the materials to skip the time-gates.” I would say even more don’t have the money to buy all the materials to begin with. With most people, the time-gate won’t be a hindrance, but rather a pacer to help them not feel inferior.

But some of us DO need the gear right now at this moment, and it’s kind of a really big pain when the minimal wait time to use a certain build is an entire month.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Keiel.7489

But some of us DO need the gear right now at this moment, and it’s kind of a really big pain when the minimal wait time to use a certain build is an entire month.

I think you are confusing needs and wants. Some of you want to use those builds now. You actually can use those builds now, you just need to be more powerful via stats, the exotic version of those stats are already available. You are basically assuming the majority of players will have those gear for every spec they like before you, in reality they are using the build that they have the gear for while working for their next set, like the majority of players.

[DONE]

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

MokoToko.6890

I think you are confusing needs and wants. Some of you want to use those builds now. You actually can use those builds now, you just need to be more powerful via stats, the exotic version of those stats are already available. You are basically assuming the majority of players will have those gear for every spec they like before you, in reality they are using the build that they have the gear for while working for their next set, like the majority of players.

I would be able to take you more seriously if you didn’t seem incredibly disrespectful with your tone. I would be afraid to see what would occur if you talked so condescendingly to someone like that in real life.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Keiel.7489

I would be able to take you more seriously if you didn’t seem incredibly disrespectful with your tone. I would be afraid to see what would occur if you talked so condescendingly to someone like that in real life.

I do talk like that in real life, wether you believe it or not is up to you, what you assume might have happened is still up to you. My tone is a matter-of-fact in response to what I believe to be a sense of entitlement.

[DONE]

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I wouldn’t be shocked if ascended armor came out with the next update. It’d be a big shock to everyone.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

MokoToko.6890

I do talk like that in real life, wether you believe it or not is up to you, what you assume might have happened is still up to you. My tone is a matter-of-fact in response to what I believe to be a sense of entitlement.

Not much of a sense of entitlement as much as frustration with how indirect Anet can be with the information they give out on updates and how they always seem to push back certain updates which can cause many players to get upset with what to do with their capital. But yes, please continue on with your attitude, I can tell from your tag that this venomous behavior is probably coming from your frustration with not being the “best server of all time” anymore.

And actually on a side note, you should probably work on not being so venomous with people in real life, I know of a few people who would not take kindly to your “matter-of-fact” approach.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Keiel.7489

Not much of a sense of entitlement as much as frustration with how indirect Anet can be with the information they give out on updates and how they always seem to push back certain updates which can cause many players to get upset with what to do with their capital. But yes, please continue on with your attitude, I can tell from your tag that this venomous behavior is probably coming from your frustration with not being the “best server of all time” anymore.

And actually on a side note, you should probably work on not being so venomous with people in real life, I know of a few people who would not take kindly to your “matter-of-fact” approach.

Actually it’s just a poor assumption, my attitude towards you have nothing to do with how my server is performing, most of my post in my match ups have been to promote good fights and not anywhere near what I am saying to you, and what I am saying to you is hardly venomous, just pointing out your misplaced “frustration”. but I’m flattered that you take more of an interest in me rather than adressing what I had to say about your topic despite not taking me seriously at all.

[DONE]

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

MokoToko.6890

but I’m flattered that you take more of an interest in me rather than adressing what I had to say about your topic despite not taking me seriously at all.

Prunecrakers probably should get friends or read the forums more often…

Your disguised, passive-aggressive personal attack was rather uncalled for from the beginning, hence me taking you not seriously whatsoever. And I have tried searching to forums for information on a release date for Ascended Armor, but excuse me for not wanting to sit down and go through the entire archives of the Guild Wars 2 forums to find the information. I was actually rather hoping a dev would see this thread and be able to give me a simple answer, not someone who’s just going to be passive-aggressive and just give a vague answer with a backhanded tone.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Keiel.7489

but I’m flattered that you take more of an interest in me rather than adressing what I had to say about your topic despite not taking me seriously at all.

Prunecrakers probably should get friends or read the forums more often…

Your disguised, passive-aggressive personal attack was rather uncalled for from the beginning, hence me taking you not seriously whatsoever. And I have tried searching to forums for information on a release date for Ascended Armor, but excuse me for not wanting to sit down and go through the entire archives of the Guild Wars 2 forums to find the information. I was actually rather hoping a dev would see this thread and be able to give me a simple answer, not someone who’s just going to be passive-aggressive and just give a vague answer with a backhanded tone.

I addressed your made up character in a smart- kitten way because that’s how I percieved that made up scenario. There was no need for it to be set that way, so I replied in a similar manner. Everything else in my original post remained the same, no points would be alter minus my tone.

[DONE]

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

MokoToko.6890

Getting back on topic now, I would hope that it would be released around January or so, that would allow time for both sets to be made without much detriment to dedicated time spent getting and charging crystals with the timegate. Thank you those who could answer.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Razor.9872

I personally hope Ascended Armor will arrive in December — if not sooner. Here’s to hoping.

NSPride <3

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

I hope its closer to Dec so that the gossamer price will drop a little more.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Please provide evidence that you NEED this NOW.

As mentioned above, your WANTs are completely separate from actual NEEDs.

All content in the is game CAN be played with Green items.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

MokoToko.6890

Anyone attempting to be a viable part of WvW using all greens should just quit while they’re ahead.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Anyone attempting to be a viable part of WvW using all greens should just quit while they’re ahead.

Unless they’re a guardian or warrior… which might just be OK.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There’s a difference between viable and optimal.

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

But you CAN play WvW even in whites….I agree not as effectively as a character “geared up” in the hands of the same player, but it is possible.

Thus, your statement that the equipment is NEEDED is just not true.

I get this is a point of the semantics of NEED vs WANT, but it is also the foundation of your entire argument.

BTW, I don’t disagree that someone in WvW in full Greens is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine, but the “gearing up” process has to start somewhere.

EDIT: I think if you look at the total stats of Celestial (even after the MF removal) you will find that it provides MORE stat bonuses (overall) than existing Exotic armors and is actually (stat wise) in the Ascended Armor range (sans whatever infusion slots or extras that Ascended armor my provide).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Ascended Armor, When?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Look, I too would love to know when Ascended armor is coming out… but… seriously? You NEED to know when its out?? RIGHT NOW?! Why dude? The games had exotic armor for over a year now, and we’ve all gotten along just fine. There’s no sudden urgency.

WvW – everyone else will get ascended armor too, and it’ll still be a level playing field.
PvE – All content is easily do-able in Exotic armor currently.
PvP – Wont be impacted.

So where’s the urgency? Maybe take the intensity level down a notch….