Ascended Crafting Material List

in Crafting

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

The mithrilium takes ectos. Perhaps that’s what they meant.

It only takes 1 ecto though, so I don’t know where they got the 10 ecto number from.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Crafting

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

The mithrilium takes ectos. Perhaps that’s what they meant.

It only takes 1 ecto though, so I don’t know where they got the 10 ecto number from.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deldrimor_Steel_Ingot

This is were i got it from. Imo it makes more sense, but im cool with not having to pay 10 ectos per ingot

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

in Crafting

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deldrimor_Steel_Ingot

This is were i got it from. Imo it makes more sense, but im cool with not having to pay 10 ectos per ingot

Yeah, the wiki is very incorrect on that, so far it looks like most weapons will take 10-14 ectos total. The Deldrimor Steel Plated Dowel requires 3 deldrimor steel ingots and 3 spiritwood planks to craft, nothing else. The 1 ecto per Mithrillium is actually easily seen in the dev video (which requires 50 mithril ingots as well, not 20 steel ingots).

in Crafting

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Yeah, unless the devs decided to make a sudden change, that 10 ectos should be 10 steel ingots, I’ll edit the wiki to reflect what we saw in the preview for now.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Crafting

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

regarding the 2 1 handers vs 2 hander thing:

actually the 2 hander users tend to get shaft more:
1) classes that use 2 handers with the 1 exception of an elementalist tend to use both weapon sets and often the secondary set is just as important as the primary to a good player
2) 2 handers get the shaft on sigils, only 1 sigil per 2 hander

i play a warrior and use a hammer + sword/warhorn, if i didnt already have all of those as legendaries (thankfully i do), id be looking at having to get 3 ascended pieces! (having a 2 hander isnt as much a help here as ya might think given that we spend up to 50% of our time in s/w with our current build)

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Crafting

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

Just to clarify. One lump of mithrillium requires one ecto. One deldrimor steel ingot or one glob of elder spirit residue requires one lump of mithrillium.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

I finished up everything I needed (and more thanks to my terrible math) yesterday. All I need is the open world material which I will be farming like a mad woman. I have my champ boxes ready, fingers crossed they count!

Bring on the race!

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Crafting

Mistro.3059

Just to clarify. One lump of mithrillium requires one ecto. One deldrimor steel ingot or one glob of elder spirit residue requires one lump of mithrillium.

Correct, except it is Spiritwood Plank, and it requires Glob of Elder Spirit Residue. Still, just one ecto per Ingot/Plank, etc.

Also, I am right there with you Aisina, saved up 350+ bags for today just incase.

in Crafting

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

regarding the 2 1 handers vs 2 hander thing:

actually the 2 hander users tend to get shaft more:
1) classes that use 2 handers with the 1 exception of an elementalist tend to use both weapon sets and often the secondary set is just as important as the primary to a good player
2) 2 handers get the shaft on sigils, only 1 sigil per 2 hander

i play a warrior and use a hammer + sword/warhorn, if i didnt already have all of those as legendaries (thankfully i do), id be looking at having to get 3 ascended pieces! (having a 2 hander isnt as much a help here as ya might think given that we spend up to 50% of our time in s/w with our current build)

Are you saying classes that do not use two-handed weapons only use one weaponset? Because that makes no sense whatsoever.
As a Thief, most of the time I run with D/D and P/P. I will need four ascended weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Thank you for putting this together Mistro!

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Bumping this so people can see. Many are probably getting close. +1’ed as well

in Crafting

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

ALl i need is maybe 100 dragonite and a bit more than 200 shard and I’m done.

Heiann – NSP

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

ALl i need is maybe 100 dragonite and a bit more than 200 shard and I’m done.

With the first weapon. And then you’d have to repeat it with the second one, and the third…
My main needs 6 weapons i make a frequent use of, and 2 more for those that i use occasionally. And then there are all the alts to equip (with Engi being a possible exception, due to using kits most of the time).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Yeah I feel your pain. My warrior use all weapons. I’m almost done with Bolt ( I need few t6 craft mat and 21% world explo.) With hammer covered with crafting I can be more patient with the rest and craft the other it as the material come.

Heiann – NSP

in Crafting

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

You really only need your main-hand to have ascended. Most of the offhand abilities do not do much damage (if any), so an ascended is pretty useless. The stat increase is marginal, and the reason to get ascended is for the 5% increase in base damage.

There are several exceptions, such as ele (off dagger), and a couple of other cases. Generally speaking, if your mainhand is ascended, you are pretty much good to go.

in Crafting

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You really only need your main-hand to have ascended. Most of the offhand abilities do not do much damage (if any), so an ascended is pretty useless. The stat increase is marginal, and the reason to get ascended is for the 5% increase in base damage.

Or the agony resist. Then you need to pay twice as much for it. And god forbid you weapon swap at the wrong time! Twice more for the second weapon set.

in Crafting

Mistro.3059

Thanks for all the plus +1’s, and you’re welcome. I have an armor list started, but I’d say to start stocking up on Deldrimor Steel and Elonian Leather while they are in decent supply, you’ll need quite a bit if I am correct.

I plan to just make 4 Ascended weapons total, and 2 for an alternate character after those. If only I had stocked up on more Sentinel’s Inscriptions before the patch.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

bumpity for others

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in Crafting

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

You, sir, are amazing. I never get on my forum account and I got on just to up-vote and write this!

Rantev [Warrior]

in Crafting

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

- Empyreal Shard: Gained from dungeons, mini-dungeons, smaller WvW captures, and jumping puzzles.

I don’t really feel like reading through all the replies to see if this has already been pointed out, but you can also acquire 2-4 Empyreal Shards each in almost all basic chests in the game, as well (not just JP chests). Go to this page or type /wiki list of basic chests in-game and follow the list; I get 100-150 Empyreal shards per day per character (remember once you’re done with the list you can alt and do it again with a different character). Almost all of the basic chests are guarded by Veterans, so if you’re squishy grab a friend to run the gauntlet with you. This is by far the fastest, most effective way to get Empyreal solo or with less than a full party.

For those of us who hate dungeons and hate JPs even more.

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

in Crafting

Posted by: Rasselbande.2654

Rasselbande.2654

you can use my exel list (you need to translate, its written in german) to see the needed components, just put a 1 to the needed weapon and scroll down
http://www.file-upload.net/download-8162260/aufgestiegene-Waffen.xlsx.html

in Crafting

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Is there a thread like this for Armours? I found it really helpful.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |