Ascended Recipes - Different Stats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

A while back I crafted an ascended longbow with assassin stats for my Ranger – quite happy with my bow, even though the class could do with some improvements.

I now want to gear out my Warrior with ascended weapons, namely a longbow with rampager stats as I run a condition based build.

I cannot rely on the recipe I bought for 5 laurels initially – i have to fork over another 5 laurels to by the same weapon recipe with different stats.

This game is already so alt unfriendly, would it not be reasonable to buy the longbow recipe once and be able to make all the stat combinations you like?

These weapons are already time gated to the extreme and are a pain to make.

Can we have some improvements in this area?

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Crafting

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

I bought mine with karma ? 21 000 Karma is surely not that bad?

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Karma recipes are for inscriptions. Laurel + gold recipes are for weapons.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Agreed — I think they should have sold inscription recipes only (just like the level 80 rare/exotic inscriptions). Then discover the weapon using the parts + inscription.

The specific weapon recipe seems out of place with the original crafting mechanic. However this has been their trend lately with the celestial and other items.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Ok folks, these are the TOP tier of weapons (sans the Legendary which isn’t directly crafted). They SHOULD involve some expense and effort to generate compared to the lower tiers.

The 21K karma is much more of an issue than 5 Laurels, BTW. Most players just have enough karma (and Laurels) saved up that this expense is a non-issue. Keep in mind this is a ONE time expense for that weapon.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s 5 laurels and you have it forever. All recipes are broken up by their stat combinations. I don’t really see the issue.

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

It’s 5 laurels and you have it forever. All recipes are broken up by their stat combinations. I don’t really see the issue.

The issue is that in effect you pay twice for one recipe. If you consider the price to be right, then make the inscription cost 21k karma, 5 laurels and 5 gold, and let the weapon be crafted through discovery process. Or make one recipe for a weapon, regardless of stats.
So, either inscription → discovery, or, for example, soldier inscription recipe + shield recipe, but not soldier inscription recipe + soldier shield recipe.

Actions, not words.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Or keep the current method and if you want different weapon stats, buy the different recipes. It’s not like they require the sacrifice of your first-born, you CAN buy several recipes.

I mean, taking your example to the extreme means asking why we need laurels or gold at all, getting to 500 was expensive enough, and why cant I just discover it at 450 already, I can make all sub-components by then. Spin this further and you ask “why isnt everything in the game in my bank when I make a new character”. Yea it’s very silly, but that where is entitlement requests lead to. People are never content and always want it easier.

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

Apparently you haven’t read my post at all, since you haven’t actually addressed what i said.

Actions, not words.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If your complaint is that it’s “different” and costs more to learn how to make any single type of Acceded weapon, I guess that is valid, but since it is currently the highest tier you can craft, why exactly is “different” not to be expected? EVERYTHING is a bit different at this tier so why not the recipes required?

You do only have to by the stat recipe once to apply it to ANY weapon that character can craft.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Zelu.1692

Zelu.1692

That:

Ok folks, these are the TOP tier of weapons (sans the Legendary which isn’t directly crafted). They SHOULD involve some expense and effort to generate compared to the lower tiers.

Plus:

If you run Dire Longbow on a Ranger there is a bigger problem you need to address! :-)

Zel Silverleaf – 80 Guardian
Zelyahine – 80 Ranger
Victory is Life Eternal [VILE] – Desolation

in Crafting

Posted by: Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

top tier stats should take a while to get? this is guildwars not the waiting game. I pretty much expected to get top stat gear the moment the characters hit max level like it was in GW1. Alas we have the grind now and it’s not only alt unfriendly, it’s also build swapping unfriendly.
A reminder: in GW you just had to get about 15 or so trophies (yes thats the grey drops now) and trade them in for (bland looking) top stat gear from a collector.
I am fine with special skins to take longer to make, but the base items should be readily available.