Ascended Weapon Graphical Update

in Crafting

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Arenanet if possible make this happen please. If you dont want to change the model can you at least add some sort of particle effect? I think a lot of people who have got done crafting their first weapon and people that are soon to be done with theirs would support this cause.

I finished crafting my first ascended weapon about 7 hours ago. Cheers everyone.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Jakzor.4160

Jakzor.4160

im not into ascended weapons yet but i read that u need at least 2 weeks to craft one.

how have u been able to craft the Gs already?

just wondering xD

in Crafting

Buffalo Sabres.1072

I dont really know why they said 2 weeks , the only time gated materials are the planks and ingots and you can pretty much buy them at cost in the TP.

in Crafting

Posted by: forever.6908

forever.6908

I dont really know why they said 2 weeks , the only time gated materials are the planks and ingots and you can pretty much buy them at cost in the TP.

If you craft all materials by yourself, then it takes about 2weeks to craft ascended weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i’d like to say that giving ascended weapons a better skin would be the final hit to expensive exotic crafted skins…….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Crafting

Posted by: Blazin Blunt.6908

Blazin Blunt.6908

Well i am almost done with my hammer and i will transmute it with my Mjolnir, because it is the best looking skin for a hammer of the whole game. The creation of Mjolnir took me ages and i will be very disapointed if the skins of the ascended weapons would be updated/upgraded. Then i want a lot of materials back for the crafting of Mjolnir :P

Talic the Protector – 80 Norn Guardian
Blunt of Balthazar – 80 Human Guardian
Khan of Feurt – 80 Charr Necromancer

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Boy that thing is ugly indeed. Looks more like a piece of decoration than a weapon.

Thank god for transmutation crystals that you can buy from the gem store.

Wait…! Ugly skins, gem store. I smell a connection!

One – Piken Square

in Crafting

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Seems about right Tom

in Crafting

Posted by: LuizFeitosa.4623

LuizFeitosa.4623

Mystery! Materials that have not sold in TP, for example, Glob Elder Spirit Residue and Lump of Mithrillium, so do not understand how it is possible.

in Crafting

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

Mystery! Materials that have not sold in TP, for example, Glob Elder Spirit Residue and Lump of Mithrillium, so do not understand how it is possible.

Items made from the globs and lumps, like deldrimor steel ingots, deldrimor steel plated dowels, spiritwood planks, etc., can be bought/sold on the trading post, and are used for the actual weapons.

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

in Crafting

Buffalo Sabres.1072

The time gated materials are buy-able for about cost so you can make one quickly.

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I took a look at a preview of a staff and all I can say is … disappoint. Not even any noticeable animation (colour-shift in the middle is next to unnoticeable) and I’ll go so far as to say these skins have been made to appeal to the female side in us, or to go on female characters. I can’t see me putting this on my big male norn but I could see it going on a female human.

This goes for most if not all the first revision of craftable ascended skins.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: cbrooksc.9358

cbrooksc.9358

Lumps of Mithrillium and Elder spirit residue and not purchasable on the TP :’(

in Crafting

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Dont know if i should craft staff or wait for RNG box

in Crafting

Posted by: Steele.2784

Steele.2784

+1 I agree about the terrible skins, but do you have proof you crafted it for all we know it could just be a drop from a chest?

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

While there no pic of an Ascended Spire on the wiki just yet, I have bought the recipe for the spire and learnt it, so when you right-click on the pic in the recipe UI and hit preview, you can see what you’re about to make.

I’ll go so far as to say the wand has slightly more presence about it than the staff does because it’s proportionally slightly bigger than most other wands. Still there’s no way I’d craft it for any of my toons.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Sammuilee.5814

Sammuilee.5814

+1 I agree about the terrible skins, but do you have proof you crafted it for all we know it could just be a drop from a chest?

Why would he lie about some trivial detail how he got it? Far as I know most active WvW players have been making their first weapons on my server since yesterday, so it’s possible to craft these already.

in Crafting

Buffalo Sabres.1072

If you thought I RNG’d a Zojja chest i guess that’s fine too xD

The crafting is not bad , how i got it so fast…I had champ bags saved up for shards , you can get 500 dragon ores a day easily if you have 2 alts and the fragments are very fast when you do AC + CM + HOTW1+COF1 and have a decent wvw server thats flipping stuff.

I bought the extra time gated planks and ingots i needed for around 4-5 gold each at the time.

I had 17 black lion salvage kits saved over so i was able to get a good chunk of Dark Matter(30-35) quickly too.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Buffalo Sabres.1072

New picture a little closer….its markings on the blade and tip of the handle do glow a bit on and off for those wondering picture really doesn’t do it justice.

Attachments:

(edited by Buffalo Sabres.1072)

in Crafting

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

I love the idea of ascended weapons, but MAN was I disappointed in these designs. The weapons look like you’re wielding a giant ginger bread cookie or a cheese plate spatula from a 70’s christmas party.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Crafting

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

they look crappy in my honest opinion

in Crafting

Posted by: Barnaba.8203

Barnaba.8203

Ascended weps designs is some kind of sick joke … but wait XD armors will be next …

in Crafting

Posted by: Crescendoll.7612

Crescendoll.7612

Finished my greatsword yesterday, and I must say I really like the hilt and pommel, but the blade itself is really underwhelming. It should have a wider tip and middle section, the way it is now makes it look very unbalanced!

Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

The problem is it looks quite dull and not sharp at all. If it was the same skin but with shiny metal instead of wood-like material, it would look much much better with the shiny runes.

in Crafting

Buffalo Sabres.1072

I ended up skinning mine with the Fused GS Skin , was a toss up between that an volcanus i liked both.

in Crafting

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Yeah I’m gonna have a ascended Genesis pretty soon. The ascended skin are kinda meh except maybe the shield.

Heiann – NSP

in Crafting

Posted by: Kuro.4791

Kuro.4791

Yeah, they need to add some kind of effect, the weapons looks so plain right now and need a lot of materials and time (account bound items), they should be a bit more… asom

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Gab.5630

Gab.5630

Yea i don’t understand why there is so much difference between the preview and the real weapons,maybe in the preview are optimized for a better graphic quality?

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

I like my staff, but I dont feel special at all, i know its step forward, but still looks plain. I’d like to see more glow effects, or give us NEW CRAFTING MODE where we can add some glows to our weapons, PLS…

Attachments:

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

(edited by Witaminka.4650)

in Crafting

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

No.

Don’t do it.

Keep the aesthetic of the game please. If possible remove the fairy wings and neon signs gloves (or give me an option to remove them from my screen, its looks like playing Mu Online, horrible). On your way please don’t forget to remove all the fire skins as well, they look childish and ridiculous

thanks!

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I don’t even mind that it doesn’t have effects. I just don’t like that it doesn’t look like metal (for the weaponsmithing items). The staff and scepter look good, however.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

They already have a simple, yet great looking animations on the textures. Particle effects would make them look terrible. If you want something with particle effects, transmute it.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

All of these weapons need more then particle effect,they need to be redone.The all look like low level weapons and not high tier ones.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

All of these weapons need more then particle effect,they need to be redone.The all look like low level weapons and not high tier ones.

low tier weapons are the most “sparkly” you can see. Like achievement boxes that every new alt lvl 1 can use or the gloves and shoulders with neon signs or lava. Those are lower tier gear and it has sparks all over it. High tier armor like T3 have no particle BUT they have amazing design and look great.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Crafting

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

You have to put time in to get those AP items,just like you have to put time in to get the Ascended Weapons.

These Weapons look like something you would see in the Gem store on Dec 25th.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

They already have a simple, yet great looking animations on the textures. Particle effects would make them look terrible. If you want something with particle effects, transmute it.

I agree, I like the majority of the new models. I chose to not to transmute my ascended pistols (and I transmute like… everything).

I do wish we could dye them though… I remember a while back there was a dev that said that was in the works, but I guess it was just a dream T.T

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Boy that thing is ugly indeed. Looks more like a piece of decoration than a weapon.

I thought that Wintersday had come early…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winter%27s_Edge_Greatsword_Skin

Crafted weapons are ugly as hell anyway (Pearl weapons have to be the most hideous weapons I’ve ever seen).

At least we can transmute them.

in Crafting

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Some updated pictures of the skinned zojja claymore and the un-skinned zojja spire which i actually think is pretty good , they dont have many good staff skins.

Attachments:

(edited by Buffalo Sabres.1072)