Ascended equivalent crafting recipes?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ffolks.3708

Ffolks.3708

Are crafters going to have access to ascended level equivalent crafting recipes after the update?

I don’t necessarily mean being able to craft items with the new infusion slots necessary for the dungeon, but rather the ability to craft items with equivalent base stats as the ascended items.

Give me something to spend my karma on, please!

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

This is something I’m also interested in. It shouldn’t be a big deal after this update since the way I understand it we’ll only be getting ascended rings and a back slot. But in the future when we get more and more ascended items, it’ll cause crafting to slip into irrelevance.

I don’t mind if the gear progression increases slightly as long as it doesn’t reduce accessibility for players, but one thing I like about it was that you could get best gear in a number of ways. It would be a shame if these ascended items caused everyone to just do the same content for best gear and start ignoring crafting and older dungeons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I think crafting has already more or less slipped into irrelevance. I mean other than bags, jewelry and foods or gifts for legendaries, i don’t think there is much else really worth it. Altho crafting is a nice way to quick XP.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

according to dulfy.net in new zone we will be able to farm new mats that will be used in new recepies. Also there is a mention of new crafting recepies and stuff that will allow us to additionally upgrade our items (new slots and stuff)

source:
http://dulfy.net/2012/11/12/gw2-lost-shores-sneak-peak-from-press-sites/

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

It’s still a good way to get gear if you’re starting out. I imagine that a month or two from now everyone doing the Lost Shores dungeon will want to rise up as high as possible on the difficulty scale for higher rewards. This means that everybody will LFG only for people with ascended infused items. So how does a brand new player get these items? By doing the dungeon into which he can’t get invited because he doesn’t have the items.

This is the Catch 22 that made me give up on games like WoW with their gear levels that prevented me moving forward in the game. This is a problem that could possibly happen to GW2, but can easily be circumvented if a player can get this gear on his own via crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

@Archer

typical case of rich gettinig richer. I assume that folks currently packed with exotics will have it a bit easier at start but eventually everyone will be able to get that stuff.
We can only speculate now if there will be actual ascended recepies/mats for everyone to craft stuff or, an I personally lean towards it, there will be another equivalent of lodestones that will basically block ascended crafting for 80% of population.

Personally, I love crafting in games as long as it does not force me to do content I do not like to repeat countless times just to drop enough of mats to craft 1 piece of gear. If I need to farm nodes, fine, that’s how it should be but doing some instance 10000 times to get enough of mats is kinda devastating for my game experience.

Enuff said, GW2 crafting is not of top grade in means of personalisation and some parts of it are limited to ppl who either got crazy amount of gold somehow or “enjoy” dungeon grind for days. Not me.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

No crafting required:

“Players will be able to acquire Ascended Rings in the Fractals of the Mists dungeon, and Ascended items worn on the back can be acquired through special Mystic Forge recipes.”

source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So, crafting’s going to become obsolete. Good to know that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

No crafting required:

“Players will be able to acquire Ascended Rings in the Fractals of the Mists dungeon, and Ascended items worn on the back can be acquired through special Mystic Forge recipes.”

source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

Doesn’t mean there won’t be crafting options for ascended items. If they don’t want crafting professions to become obsolete they have to have crafted ascended options. Simple as that.

If I remember correctly in that same post they also said there would be new crafting materials in the dungeon. So, yeah…

in Crafting

Posted by: Valk.6902

Valk.6902

Once again Crafting gets the shaft , to bad it isnt a crafter based economy like Dark Age of Camelot

WTB DAoC2 ,