Ascended weapons look...

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Ascended weapons look ugly, yes. Unrealistic for a weapon, yes. You wouldn’t hit anything with that because it looks like its gonna break, yes.

But it has no particle effects so its better than almost everything introduced in the last couple of months that is ruining the atmosphere of the game. If they keep adding particle effects to weapon and armor this is soon going to be a cheap Asian game. This game had better artist and its concept art was one of the most important reasons why this game was so expected before release. They are destroying GW2 and creating a new Wow so if you post here looking for opinions here is one: Don’t introduce more particle effects. (specially fire, flames, demons and alike).

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

It’s not just you,they all look really bad.

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

I like about half of them decently (shield, greatsword, axe, longbow, pistol). Some of the colors are meh, I’m pretty happy that Sentinel is blue and Cleric is white, but I really dislike red for Berserker, so that’ll get a transmute. I’m curious as to what armor will look like, if it is all spiked out and crazy looking I’ll just stick with my heritage skins. I’m also curious if it can be dyed at all, or if it will have to be transmuted to be dyed.

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

To me it seems obvious that they were indeed intended to be transmuted over. The Soros’s Shortbow I made seemed to look hardly better than the starter bows in game.

I know it is all subjective and all, but the bows look like their appearance was only considered at the last minute.

That was my intent all along as I had already found the perfect skins for my main character.

All is ok with me though – I transmuted over (losing my sigil in the process, that part of transmuting is broken on these weapons) and all is well now.

Attachments:

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The scepter looks great imo with this orb in the middle which has a castle in it or something. Also depending on colour I like some greatswords. I think it’s OK.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Ugly BiS weapons.

Gem store.

Transmutation Crystals.

Hmm…

One – Piken Square

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Ugly BiS weapons.

Gem store.

Transmutation Crystals.

Hmm…

Hah, i didnt think about it like this. But i thought designers do have some pride in their work.

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

Ugly BiS weapons.

Gem store.

Transmutation Crystals.

Hmm…

Hah, i didnt think about it like this. But i thought designers do have some pride in their work.

Trust me, in the future all the best looking weapon skins will be behind Black Lion Claim Tickets.

They are now offering 25 keys for a reduced price. Coincidence?

One – Piken Square

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Well that’ll get you a ticket scrap…maybe.

I don’t think they’re all that bad. I do, however, dislike the fact that the colours depend on the stats, because the ones I like have horrible stats on them (celestial, sentinel, cleric).

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

Well that’ll get you a ticket scrap…maybe.

Anet boss: “What’s better than selling a 25-bundle of Black Lion Keys?”
Anet employee: “I don’t know, what?”
Anet boss: “Selling TEN 25-bundles of Black Lion Keys!”

One – Piken Square

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

I actually like the scepter, staff and especially the pistol skins.

Now to level weaponsmithing for my toy ascended greatsword…

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I love the longbow it looks great on my Ranger, but I agree about most bladed weapons looking like toys.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

I love the longbow it looks great on my Ranger, but I agree about most bladed weapons looking like toys.

Yeah, and its just the blades. The hilts, cross-guards, and even the detail on the glowing patterns are nice, its just the blades… I don’t know if its the awkward thickness or the texture of the material. It just looks like it would shatter if you hit them against something.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The pistols look great, not going to trasmute over them on my eng and the scepter is coo…. Overall they are hit or miss… but that’s true even with gem shop skins.

I don’t think there was a great conspiracy to make us buy transmute stones… although imo if people spent rl $ on transmute stones in the past they should have been given some for free with this update…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Yeah, and its just the blades. The hilts, cross-guards, and even the detail on the glowing patterns are nice, its just the blades… I don’t know if its the awkward thickness or the texture of the material. It just looks like it would shatter if you hit them against something.

Yeah. blade is a little thin I agree. I have a GS on my warrior and dual pistols (LOVE THEM!) on my thief – honestly not sure what to make next (have the collectible mats for 2 more already) as none of the other designs are OMG must have, kind of disappointing really.

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

The longbow skin looks like some mutant tick-crab thing. Crystal ball predicts that I will be using a transmutation crystal and black lion salvage kit in the future (unless they fix the bug with the slotted sigils not transmuting).

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Ascended weapons look...

in Crafting

Posted by: Destroyer Bravo.5391

Destroyer Bravo.5391

They’re all total crap, really. The engi weaps I really don’t mind ( pistol, shield, rifle ), tho all zerker gear looks bad and the rifle is the weakest of the ‘decent’ ones