Basic Ore Node Pack

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Basic Ore Node Pack
Food
Double-click to create copper, silver, and gold mining nodes in your home instance. Each node can be mined once per day.

With ascended jeweler right around the corner this becomes a very convenient purchase, indeed. Plus I’m always looking for more things to put in my home instance. Totally getting one.

Why is it a food?

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s iron and platinium where the future is at. Silver and gold are yesterday’s news.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Why is it a food? So you can live out your fantasies of “evacuating” precious metals.

I also picked it up for my Home Instance, for much the same reasons. Like you, I suspect ANet is laying the groundwork for r500 Jeweler. For 800 gems however, I would like it if they were Rich Veins rather than normal nodes.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: lightfalcon.4291

lightfalcon.4291

Why do you think this is a good idea? 3 ore per day, walk outside the town and fine 20+ ore nodes

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

3 copper ore = 120c
3 silver ore = 240c
3 gold ore = 440c
total = 8s / day
800 gems = 59.92g
time to recoup cost = 749 days
I’ll probably buy it anyways.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: FuriousPop.2789

FuriousPop.2789

3 copper ore = 120c
3 silver ore = 240c
3 gold ore = 440c
total = 8s / day
800 gems = 59.92g

Great logic, not only did he do the math – but hes going against it!

Pay me 60g and i’ll give you:
3 copper ore
3 silver ore
3 gold ore
each day for 749 days!

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: Mirlander.2785

Mirlander.2785

I’m new to the game, and bought this, but where is “home Instance” I Play a charr charactor at the moment

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s the instanced area in your city containing several points of interest. In any city, actually. For Charr it’s near the exit to the Plains. You can go in the “home” instance in any city even if it’s not yours.

Asura – Rata Sum – one of the portals on the main top level. I’m never sure which part of the triangle has it.

Human – Divinity’s Reach — Salma District, ne part of the city.

Norn – Hoelbrak – the Great Lodge. Look to your left from the WP just inside the door, the instance is right there.

Sylvari – the Grove – bottom level near the waypoint, a white-green glowing plant door.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

It’s not like other node in home instance ? On all characters ?

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Since one of the daily achievements is “daily gatherer”, why are we cheapening this achievement? Shouldn’t this require some exploration to gather the “goodies”? The concept is fine for amassing the raw materials needed, but how about removing these nodes (in the home instance) from counting toward the daily achievement? Shouldn’t we have to work (at least a little bit) for each achievement? I can trip over 5 items in the wild——-20 takes a little time to search out.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: murven.7581

murven.7581

The only purpose of the dailies is for you to login daily and do stuff. The waypoint costs of you going to the home instance to harvest these nodes are good enough for ArenaNet as it is a small gold sink.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

3 copper ore = 120c
3 silver ore = 240c
3 gold ore = 440c
total = 8s / day
800 gems = 59.92g

Great logic, not only did he do the math – but hes going against it!

Pay me 60g and i’ll give you:
3 copper ore
3 silver ore
3 gold ore
each day for 749 days!

I can’t explain why, but this deal doesn’t seem as appealing. even if it was “each day forever”, it still isn’t something I’d sign up for. psychology. I think I bought it simply for completion-sake. the fact it’s called “Basic Ore Node Pack” makes me think there will be an “Advanced Ore Node Pack” later on.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Tempted to buy it JUST for the nodes in my home instance, I have little care over what they give, just that I want to load up my home instance with as much stuff as I can. I already have the quartz node, krait obelisk and candy corn node.

So for an obsessive collector like myself do you think it’s worth it. it would take a dip into my 140 some gold reserve.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: FuriousPop.2789

FuriousPop.2789

advanced ore pack i can agree with buying provided it covers: oric, mith, plat and iron.
however the 800 gems i cannot justify these considering the value of the ores in this basic pack would not yield a return until somewhere around 2016…

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Still not regretting my purchase, although I do wish they were Rich Veins rather than normal nodes.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

I expect:
Basic = Copper, Silver, Gold (800 gems)
Advanced = Iron, Platinum (800 gems)
Master = Mithril (800 gems)
Grandmaster = Ori (1600 gems)

They always seem to treat T5 has better than T4, even though prices don’t reflect this.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

It should have been something like this:

Basic: Copper/Silver/Gold (Rich nodes) (800 gems)
Advanced: Iron/Platinum/Mithril (Rich nodes) (800 gems)
Master: Ori (Normal node) (800 gems)

And they should also add woods.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

It should have been something like this:

Basic: Copper/Silver/Gold (Rich nodes) (800 gems) = 25s/day
Advanced: Iron/Platinum/Mithril (Rich nodes) (800 gems) = 30s/day
Master: Ori (Normal node) (800 gems) = 12s/day

And they should also add woods.

added values to your suggestion. I can never understand why ori (and all the other T6) gets so many short sticks. promoting T4 to T5? 250 becomes 110. T5 to T6? 250 becomes 12.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Perhaps they could bundle Ori/Ancient (and Gossamer/Leather??) together for the 800 gems?

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

The only purpose of the dailies is for you to login daily and do stuff. The waypoint costs of you going to the home instance to harvest these nodes are good enough for ArenaNet as it is a small gold sink.

What waypoint cost?? I just leave a character in a home area, next to the instance, enter it, take the goodies, leave and add them to my bank. No brain, no pain, no expense!. And, since I’m in a home area, NO waypoint cost at all!!

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: Pyx.1906

Pyx.1906

When this first came out, it was reported that the node was far across the home site from the other perm nodes; does anyone have one in Divinity’s Reach to confirm this? The others are all convenient to each other and I might think about this if it was next to the others.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

In Divinity’s Reach, the 3 metal nodes are a short distance away near the metal fence. It is maybe a 5 second run from the candy corn/quartz/sprocket nodes.

The nodes are apparently the closest together in Rata Sum. They’re all clustered together immediately on the left after you enter the Idea Incubation Lab.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I also picked it up for my Home Instance, for much the same reasons. Like you, I suspect ANet is laying the groundwork for r500 Jeweler. For 800 gems however, I would like it if they were Rich Veins rather than normal nodes.

If you’re going from 0-500 then it’s probably money/gems well spent. If, however, you’re going from 400-500 then it’s an utter waste as the only way you can craft and gain the necessary experience is by discovering recipes with ori in them making more stuff out of ori.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

What I meant by that post is that r500 Jeweler will almost certainly require Xunlai Electrum Ingots, which are in turn created from Silver/Gold/Platinum ingots. I suspect that the Electrum Ingots will require 20/20/10 of the aforementioned ingots, and that the Basic Ore Nodes were intended to inject additional supply into the economy by people harvesting them whenever they harvested their daily nodes.

Basic Ore Node Pack

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

True enough. I forgot about those little beauties that haven’t even been introduced into the game yet. I’ve been away from Jewelcrafting for too long.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”