Blade Shards...

Blade Shards...

in Crafting

Posted by: Lavafrost of Maguuma.6807

Lavafrost of Maguuma.6807

Okay, so Blade Shards… I’m on the final step of the Spinal Pack, and need 500 of these things. Aside from dumping Watchwork Sprockets in the toilet, is there a way to farm these things?

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum, figured it’d go here because they’re a crafting material.)

Blade Shards...

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Aetherblade jumping puzzle right outside LA in Gendarran Fields drops them. Aetherblade Retreat fractal does as well.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Blade Shards...

in Crafting

Posted by: Lavafrost of Maguuma.6807

Lavafrost of Maguuma.6807

Aetherblade jumping puzzle right outside LA in Gendarran Fields drops them. Aetherblade Retreat fractal does as well.

Guess I should have mentioned I have 7 out of 8 of my characters parked on that JP. Though the aether fractal would be nice, it’s pretty random, and seems like it’d be unfarmable.

Blade Shards...

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah, tough to get them now unless you have a sprocket generator in your home instance. That also has a chance to drop blade shards when mined.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Blade Shards...

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

Guess I should have mentioned I have 7 out of 8 of my characters parked on that JP. Though the aether fractal would be nice, it’s pretty random, and seems like it’d be unfarmable.

The way you word that it sounds like you just opening the chest, while that will get you a few, but farming the aetherblades on the bottom will get you more blade shards. 1 blade shard is a common drop from them while they also drop 10 at once rarely. If you get a good rotation going you can get between 30-50 an hour.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

Blade Shards...

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

There are also Aetherblade vets in the middle of the EotM map, not sure about blade shard drop rates from those, though.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Blade Shards...

in Crafting

Posted by: Armed Silon Il.4597

Armed Silon Il.4597

I have Sprocket generator node if your on EU add me I normally do my gatherer daily at about 6-7pm UK time.

Your welcome to join and try your luck

Znaaff (Ele)
Jinxta Fleshrender (Necro)

Blade Shards...

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

There are also Aetherblade vets in the middle of the EotM map, not sure about blade shard drop rates from those, though.

It’s really low. I don’t regularly get even one shard when the zerg goes through the place, and you can’t really solo that area. Those mobs hit hard.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Blade Shards...

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Just an aside on this. Guildies went to complete the JP and Dive in Aetherblade hideout a few weekends ago. While we were not attempting to “farm” I managed about 6 Blade Shards just standing on the first platform (right under the JP chest) waiting for a Portal and killing the 3 randoms that spawned there. Did a few laps around the area and went down into the pit area a few times to res JPers. We were there for quite a while and I estimate I was in on at least 50 kills.

The are NOT easy to farm, by any means.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Blade Shards...

in Crafting

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

It’s a little pricey, but you can convert sockets to blade shards:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blade_Shard

If you have the gold, you can get all the shards you need, this way.

Blade Shards...

in Crafting

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s a little pricey, but you can convert sockets to blade shards:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blade_Shard

If you have the gold, you can get all the shards you need, this way.

Unfortunately, that’s the only reliable way to get a lot of shards quickly. 30/hour at peak luck & efficiency sounds really horribly tedious to me.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”