Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: XanXan.8654

XanXan.8654

So, while I understand that apparently this maintenance was just that.. a maintenance, I do notice that my Ecto-salvaging has gone from about 3 ectos per 5 items to… 1 ecto per 5 items using a 50% salvaging kit. First I thought it was just bad luck but….. in the end I had crafted around 27 yellow items, always used the BL salvaging kit on it and I came out with 4 ectos… I mean.. It’s good that the prices in the Auctionhouse will go up, but I would have expected at least a little note about it… unless it wasn’t a planned change of course.

I thought I may have had just bad luck, but other guild members noticed it too. Does anyone else see that change?

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dysect.4086

Dysect.4086

Nope, just Bad Luck XanXan™

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Every maintenance.

Every patch.

Every time the server hiccups.

A thread like this appears. And because people notice a “noticeable drop” in the rate of X, Y, and Z with every patch, I can safely say that it’s psycho-symptomatic 99% of the time. That or you’d be having to pay ectos to salvage at this point if it was true. :P

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

I have actually done better than usual today getting ectos.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

+1 for EndlessDreamer

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: pLikT.9761

pLikT.9761

A few hours after the patch, I got 4 ectos from two rares.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Scyatic.7604

Scyatic.7604

i seem to be getting less also.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: ruda.6137

ruda.6137

same here, looks like im geting less ectos as well.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Jujube.4981

Jujube.4981

Getting exactly 100% less ectos because they are no longer worth salvaging.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

As an above poster said already, every time a patch comes out people claims salvage rates are nerfed. Unless you are doing huge amounts of salvages, over a thousand at a time, you have no statistical evidence to back up your claims. RNG is RNG. Sometimes you’re lucky and sometimes you’re not. That’s the way the world works.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: XanXan.8654

XanXan.8654

It was not a claim, nor was it a fingerpointing saying “IT WAS NERFED”… It was merely a speculation, that is all. I am well aware of luck when it comes to salvaging, which is why I explicitly said twice, that it may have been just a day of bad luck.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

I actually get more… I end up always with more ectos than salvaged items =)

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

I wasn’t actually attempting to make fun at you. I just found it funny is all. Sorry about that.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I am 0/10 using BL kits since the latest patch. Only a .1% chance of that being bad luck.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

I am at 12 ectos from 6 gold salvages since the patch.
More specifically
8/3 with my last salvages of my BL kit.
4/3 with my Mystic kit.

It’s been a very lucky salvage ratio for me, normally I get only about 1.5 per on average using only a black lion kit. So I can tell you that your bad luck probably has nothing to do with the patch changing anything…. RNG is RNG. It’s a gamble trying to get ecto out of any gold. Some weeks you win, and some weeks you lose.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

I am 0/10 using BL kits since the latest patch. Only a .1% chance of that being bad luck.

And the chance that that statement is 100% true is .1%.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

I have gotten 8 Ectoplasm from my last 10 rare salvages over the last two evenings with Master Salvage Kit. Sorry it isn’t working out as well for you

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

5 yellows, 4 ectos. Black lion salvage kit.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Reevac.1748

Reevac.1748

I got 3 from a yellow with a fine salvage kit. So seems to be even better lol

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: orci.5019

orci.5019

I received 2-3 ectos each from the last 10 rares (level 80) I have salvaged with Black Lion kits, so about 25 ectos total.

It’s all about luck and RNG.

Server: Yak’s Bend.
Main: Hunter.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ghyer.4172

Ghyer.4172

Last night I got 4 ectos from 4 rares using BL kits I agree with Orci it is all about luck and RNG.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zavien.5197

Zavien.5197

I salvage an item for ecto’s a on average once night, NEVER more than twice in a row. If I have a bunch to salvage I spread it out. And with a Black Lion kit I get ecto’s pretty much every time with this method. I have tried in the past where I would get ecto’s the first 3 salvage attempts, then nothing for 4 others (believe DR hit).

I have not tried doing this sort of thing when there is the salvage bonus in a guilds WvW keep, I wonder if DR would hit when doing mass salvaging in that area.

As far as DR is concerned: I’ve thought that it probably has to do with the ability to buy 20s rares on the TP and convert them into 2-3 ectos over and over.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

obiemvy.5632

Why do people say there is DR on things where it doesn’t exist? Just like there is no DR on the Mystic Forge, there isn’t DR on salvaging.

DR exists only in farming. Whether you are farming for gold, drops, karma, dungeon tokens. Those are where Arena Net’s DR system could activate.

Just because you had a bad luck streak just after you had a couple good salvages doesn’t mean that there is a DR system in place >.<

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

salvaged 10 lvl 80 rares with 15s kit since patch and 1 lvl 80 exotic with black lion kit. zero ektos. I think I will hold on with salvaging.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: LoomyZA.7041

LoomyZA.7041

Of course you guys do realize you are paying close to 10silver a salvage using a blacklion kit, yeah ? On numerous occasions it has been confirmed that mystic and BL kit have more or less equal chance. just sayin. But if your rares are from events, etc, that is ok, i guess. I save BL for strictly rune removal and any exo’s, purely out of superstition ofc.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

obiemvy.5632

I bought some keys (with gems) when the game first launched and got several BL kits from opening Black Lion Chests…. I’ve put away one BL kit for strict Rune removal, but was using the other ones to get more Ecto from salvaging golds…

and No 25% chance from Mystic Kit and 50% Chance from BL kit are not “equal chances”…

I’ve only got that one stored BL kit now tho, So I’m using Mystic for my golds now Was nice getting at least an ecto from almost every single salvage for the first 1.5 months after release.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: orci.5019

orci.5019

Of course you guys do realize you are paying close to 10silver a salvage using a blacklion kit, yeah ? On numerous occasions it has been confirmed that mystic and BL kit have more or less equal chance. just sayin. But if your rares are from events, etc, that is ok, i guess. I save BL for strictly rune removal and any exo’s, purely out of superstition ofc.

From personal experience, I have found BL kits to be much more effective than Mystic kits. All BL kits I have were also obtained using free keys (from map completions, random drops), so no, it doesn’t cost me 10s a salvage, it costs me 0s per salvage.

Sure some people will only use BL kits for salvaging runes, but honestly, most runes in rares only sell for vendor value anyways. While I have 10 stacks of BL kits in my bank, I want to use them, not leave them sitting around.

Server: Yak’s Bend.
Main: Hunter.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

I actually find my rates with the BL Kit and the Mystic Kit are similar enough.

I tend to just use the mystic salvage kit due to the immense number of rares I do salvage, and because the price of gems has gone up.

I find that the rate of ectos:rares is about 0.85, and this has not changed across patches. People tend to develop paranoia off of a bad streak (10 in a row without a ecto is my personal best), but over a large sample it evens out.

Bye Bye Ectoplasma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ghyer.4172

Ghyer.4172

RE: paying for BL kits. I was lucky enough to have received 6 BL kits from my BL chests with keys I got from map completions. So for me those were free. However when they are gone I will be using the mystic salvage kit. So far I have only tried to get an ecto using the mystic kit once and was lucky enough to get 1 ecto.