Can't cap via just crafting anymore

in Crafting

Posted by: Boulderdash.5630

Boulderdash.5630

With the market being flooded by cheap crafting mats, I thought I might take advantage of the somewhat lower prices and pick up a few extra levels on an alt via crafting… I knew the XP values had been changed on Weaponcraft, Huntsman, and Artificing to account for those crafts now scaling to 500, but why are all the other crafts also now only giving 7 levels for 1-400?

It is now no longer possible to hit the level cap purely via crafting in GW2. Is this an intentional change?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

The days of leveling 1-80 through crafting are long gone! Your best bet now is having a character craft in two different crafts for about 10 levels (0-400) per craft. Don’t know yet, what the new 400-500 crafting gives you yet.

in Crafting

Posted by: Boulderdash.5630

Boulderdash.5630

Considering it was possible less than 24 hours ago, I wouldn’t say those days are “long gone”.

On Monday, each craft granted 10 levels if you went from 1-400. Today, each craft gives you 7 levels for 1-400, with the 3 crafts that go to 500 granting 3 levels each for 400-500. IE: Total max levels from crafting in GW2 now = 65

I realize they wanted to change it so XP values were adjusted to account for 400-500 in the ones that actually go to 500, but I was hoping to learn if they intended to have XP gain from crafting be nerfed for all the other crafts that don’t go to 500.