Can't forge 4 soulbound trinkets?

in Crafting

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I’m not all that familiar with the forge’s quirks, so need to ask why I can’t forge 4 soulbound trinkets (all same level and all masterwork in this case), but I can forge 3 of them with any other masterwork weapon or piece of armor (soulbound or not).

Anyone know what’s up here?

in Crafting

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

We’re any purchased with karma?

in Crafting

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

I’m not all that familiar with the forge’s quirks, so need to ask why I can’t forge 4 soulbound trinkets (all same level and all masterwork in this case), but I can forge 3 of them with any other masterwork weapon or piece of armor (soulbound or not).

Anyone know what’s up here?

Annoying isn’kitten I’ve wondered the same thing myself and none of them were purchased with Karma.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’ve forged soulbound (exotic) trinkets. So the problem isn’t that it’s soulbound.
karma items can be forged.
I’ve received a few items before… see this page. From opening a stack of Gifts from Mawdrey, I recieved 3 items: Pristine Gold Ring lvl 29 (master), Orrian Master Scholar Certificate lvl 75 (master), Queen’s Medal lvl 22 (fine). Those items, nothing could be done with them. account bound, no TP, no salvage, no forge. They might of had higher-than-normal stats (I don’t care enough about leveling alts to check), but all I could do with them is destroy.
There are also the random drop items that have higher-than-normal stats, I know those “can’t” be salvaged, but I don’t know if they can be forged (by “can’t”, I mean that it will let you salvage them, but gives you no materials)

in Crafting

Kruhljak.2705

Lost track of this post…

No, none of the items were bought with karma nor were they level-up rewards, etc. They were just normal L20 masterwork trinkets bought off the TP.

What happens is I can put three of them (any mix of rings, earrings, and amulet), and the first two go in ok, but when I put the third in the others in my inventory become ghosted.

Since I can use any three of them with any random other masterwork item (armor/weapon), it’s not that they can’t be used in the forge it’s as if it’s designed so that I can’t use all four to get a fresh un-bound masterwork (or better at appropriate item level + luck) trinket. Gonna have to check with fresh ones next time I buy a set. I’d wager those will work fine.

No mention of such exception/restriction on the wiki, as far as I see.

edit: Decided to bother CustServ with this, as it could be a bug. I’ll post back with an answer if I get one.

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

in Crafting

Kruhljak.2705

CustServ response was just canned advice to submit an in-game bug report which would do me no good as I want to know if this is a bug or some intended special case, and those reports are non-responsive. That and a suggestion to post in the bug report forum.

Meh.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

which items are you talking about?
I will add: when doing some of the collections, I would run around and buy various karma items to complete the collection. They were unsalvageable, so I could only forge them. except when I forged them, they give soulbound things that were also unsalvageable.

are you able to forge them when you first buy them off the TP, but then can’t after you bind them?
and sometimes the forge acts weird – it doesn’t work at first, but then you put the items it a second time, or in a different order, and it works.

in Crafting

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The forge sometimes cares about the order in which you select items. I can’t reproduce any specific patterns, except I’ve only seen this happen with trinkets, mystic clover, a few weapon recipes, and, occasionally, a promotion recipe. I’ve always been able to work around it, so I’m always able to forge stuff that is supposed to be forgeable. Of course, there are some weird & quirky exceptions.

I really wish an item’s description would include whether it’s salvageable and whether it’s forgeable.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”