Can't salvage lion guard trans weapons

in Crafting

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

I made two exotic pistols and transmuted them using lion guard skins in my wardrobe. I recently made two ascended pistols to replace them, so I went to salvage them to get the sigils out, but I discovered I can’t salvage them.

Can’t you salvage items transmuted with karma skins?? Is this a bug?

I noticed I can’t salvage my exotic lion guard daggers, either. Strange thing about those is I’m pretty sure I got them way back during the Karka event, when LA was beat up the first time. They were bought with those commendations.

What do you do with things like this? I can’t even throw them into the forge.

(edited by Rachiia.6045)

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

historically, the ability to salvage has always followed the stats. So if you transmuted the stats of a dungeon exotic with the look of a karma item, you could salvage it, while you could not salvage just the karma item.
As you described it, I would expect you would be able to salvage your old pistols. however, I suggest that you are mistaken about the source of the item that supplied the stats for your exotic pistols. If those came from badges or karma and not crafted, that would explain why you can’t salvage them.
I would expect you can’t salvage lionguard daggers, as they are karma items. You might of got them with non-karma currency, yet they are still able to be bought with karma, so they are karma items.
you sure you can’t throw them into the forge? there are very few items you can’t throw in the forge, and I’ve always been able to throw karma items in there. the only items I haven’t been able to throw in there are special things like the Sclerite Karka Shell – and even then, most of them can be.

(edited by Mystic.5934)

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I made two exotic pistols and transmuted them using lion guard skins in my wardrobe. I recently made two ascended pistols to replace them, so I went to salvage them to get the sigils out, but I discovered I can’t salvage them.

Can’t you salvage items transmuted with karma skins?? Is this a bug?

I noticed I can’t salvage my exotic lion guard daggers, either. Strange thing about those is I’m pretty sure I got them way back during the Karka event, when LA was beat up the first time. They were bought with those commendations.

What do you do with things like this? I can’t even throw them into the forge.

This actually seems to be a bug for some pieces. I applied lionguard skins to a greatbow and its still salvageable. I tried it with a lvl 80 axe and its not salvageable and the stats of the weapon actually went from lvl 80 to lvl 40.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

historically, the ability to salvage has always followed the stats. So if you transmuted the stats of a dungeon exotic with the look of a karma item, you could salvage it, while you could not salvage just the karma item.
As you described it, I would expect you would be able to salvage your old pistols. however, I suggest that you are mistaken about the source of the item that supplied the stats for your exotic pistols. If those came from badges or karma and not crafted, that would explain why you can’t salvage them.
I would expect you can’t salvage lionguard daggers, as they are karma items. You might of got them with non-karma currency, yet they are still able to be bought with karma, so they are karma items.
you sure you can’t throw them into the forge? there are very few items you can’t throw in the forge, and I’ve always been able to throw karma items in there. the only items I haven’t been able to throw in there are special things like the Sclerite Karka Shell – and even then, most of them can be.

I’ve had the pistols a very long time, so maybe I got those with commendations, too. I know I didn’t buy them with karma, though. Pretty sure I made them, but maybe not.

I am sure I can’t toss them into the forge. They don’t even show up as an option. So now I have 4 exotics – pistols and daggers – and I can’t salvage them, sell them or toss them in the forge.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Exotic + can’t salavage + can’t forge = bought with badges. It’s supposed to be a bug but it’s one that has been around since the introduction of the achievement chests.