Celestial Ascended Backpiece

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I know that some were waiting for this and with the last update, Anet quietly introduced them.

Just craft either of the offensive or defensive ascended backpiece that had magic find on it in the mystic forge.

It will let you choose your stats, once you equip it and celestial is an option.

Gives +22 to all stats and 3% crit damage.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Thanks alot Wanze , i dropped 60g on one instantly.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Crafting

Posted by: fyter.4863

fyter.4863

When I heard about this I had to craft one right away, works wonders.
http://i.imgur.com/zjEobcR.jpg

in Crafting

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Thank you so much for the info! I had to make one for myself and I’m so pleased.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

could someone link the backpacks original name? or link to where to find the materials to make one? Thanks.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Crafting

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

“There with Yakkington: A Traveler’s Tale”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/There_with_Yakkington:_A_Traveler%27s_Tale

in Crafting

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

Don’t your spider senses tingle hearing about this or am I the only one? Doesn’t it sound a bit exploity?

I very much doubt anyone will get banned over it, but don’t complain if they get retroactively changed to different stats. You knew what you were getting into, don’t deny it.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Don’t your spider senses tingle hearing about this or am I the only one? Doesn’t it sound a bit exploity?

I very much doubt anyone will get banned over it, but don’t complain if they get retroactively changed to different stats. You knew what you were getting into, don’t deny it.

I dont think its an exploit and even if it was an unintended change, i wouldnt mind, if they would reset mine and give me another choice.

The reason why i think its an intended change, is, if i remember correctly. you could only chose those stats that werent available from other crafted ascended backpieces.

You couldnt choose Zerker, Rampager, clerics, etc but only celestial, dire, Apothecary, Dire+Apo. etc.

And i dont think that Anet didnt want to add celestial stats.
You could already half an ascended backpiece because you were able to upgrade them with a celestial jewel.
They always said that they try to introduce more and more stats to backpieces and other ascended gear. The did a huge leap on that front with the last update to ascended weapon crafting so i think the choice for the backpiece is intended.

And its not an exploit to save gold on crafting cost because you can use 250 t6 claws instead of 250 t6 bloods to craft your zerker piece.

But its an easy fix to introduce ascended back pieces with stats that havent been available yet while bumping the value of t6 claws after their mass farm in the Pavilion.

If anybody is going to craft one of those back pieces, I would appreciate, if you would note down the stats that are available to choose from and post them here for clarification.

Here is the recipe for the Backpiece with an offensive infusion slot:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quiver_of_a_Thousand_Arrows

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

And for those of us who simply refuse to step foot into the fractals?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Uvatha.5476

The reason why i think its an intended change, is, if i remember correctly. you could only chose those stats that werent available from other crafted ascended backpieces.

You couldnt choose Zerker, Rampager, clerics, etc but only celestial, dire, Apothecary, Dire+Apo. etc.

I agree with this statement. Also with the value of 250 Vicious Claws I don’t see anything exploity about me spending 48 gold (selling mats I already had banked) to buy them for this. I paid a fair price for a piece of gear that any one else could get if they care to.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I’m in the same boat. For all the palaver about allowing access through multiple game paths they sure have dropped the ball on obtaining ascended backpieces.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

in Crafting

Posted by: NeoVid.4817

NeoVid.4817

For people who don’t run fractals, there’s the ascended Sclerite Shell.

Low-level fractals may be mind-numbingly easy, but still, killing enough things in them to get one Vial shouldn’t take too long. Unless the RNG is against you, like it generally is…

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

For people who don’t run fractals, there’s the ascended Sclerite Shell.

… and how exactly does that get turned into a Celestial Ascended backpiece?

You may think the fractals are “mind numbingly easy”, but in fact most of them aren’t much more than a jumping puzzle in disguise. Many of us well and truly hate jumping puzzles.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: NeoVid.4817

NeoVid.4817

It’s not necessary to complete any fractal runs to get Vials, they’re random drops from kills. Getting one to make a celestial ascended piece would just take entering a level 1 fractal, killing things, repeat until lucky.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Are those of us that dont deserve a celestial backpiece.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Hmm, I think your opinion doesn’t corelate with what the devs said about ascended access. I just wish they’d get around to fixing this. Hopefully when jewel crafting gets upgraded.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Hmm, I think your opinion doesn’t corelate with what the devs said about ascended access. I just wish they’d get around to fixing this. Hopefully when jewel crafting gets upgraded.

Im not a big fan of Fractals either but somehow got 2 essences already.

If they would change the recipe, i think they should swap the mist essence for one of the ascended mats. 100 Empyreal shards or Dragonite Ore sounds fair.

As 90% of stat combos for back pieces are available now through mf recipes, i doubt that they will introduce it as part of jeweler 500 crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

When I looked at the link on how to make it that was my first reaction as well. This game was supposed to be different in that aspect. I was never to have to step into another dungeon again! And here we are a year later right?

yet another example of play the way you want to play the game….

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Crafting

Uvatha.5476

Back pieces provide very, very small boosts to a builds overall stats compared to trinkets, armor, and weapons. For those three factors there are/will be non fractal related ways to gain them. Not running the fractal doesn’t effect you in those regards.

Since back piece gains are nominal overall the only true value they have (as ascended) is the additional agony gain. That having been said, requiring a fractal related drop to get an item that proves the most worthwhile in fractals isn’t unreasonable.

If you run celestial I can understand how this back piece could help round out your numbers. If you see it as that much of a value then you’re going to have to stomache a few fractals if it really means that much to you. If your not running celestial an additional 22 isn’t going to raise your crit chance, won’t increase your power or condition numbers noticeably, and you won’t notice the gain to vitality and healing.

Out of a possible 13 slots (counting 2 handed) this is just one slot that is fractal required at the moment. You have options for the rest of it. This one slot won’t be imbalancing, game breaking, or unfair.

in Crafting

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Out of a possible 13 slots (counting 2 handed) this is just one slot that is fractal required at the moment. You have options for the rest of it. This one slot won’t be imbalancing, game breaking, or unfair.

true, still doesn’t excuse it being fractal exclusive – reason it is exclusive? probably less than half the people who run fractals would even bother running them if it could be acquired elsewhere – fractals are not fun after the first time (IMO, and many share that opinion with me) – good way to “force” people to run them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Garakan.8291

Garakan.8291

Sorry for posting in this old Thread, but does that still work and is A-ok with the Devs?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Still works and if it wasnt ok with devs, they should have removed it by now.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I regret not buying the Vicious Claws needed for these when they were just 10 silvers or so. XD (Not for resale. It’s just that I’m now finally at a stage to start equipping my characters with Ascended backpieces, but prices for the Claws have tripled.) Might just continue to wait until the Crown Pavilion makes a comeback.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

I know this may be off topic but I wish they would just give fractal capacitors the rest of the stat combos and give everyone a free reset.