Celestial Back Pieces

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Q:

Why is there no recipe for Celestial Back Pieces?

Seriously Anet, you finally have a good option for people who HATE the fractals, and you blew it. I would love to put one of these new skins on an all-stat back piece, but noooo…..

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Is there anything stopping you from dropping it from Race chest or buying it for those scraps? You know those kite buffs give you 1 scrap (maybe more at times) and those can be dropped even from Moas in Queensdale.

Anyway, what it has to do with fractals?

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

At the moment Ascended Back Pieces only come from the Fractals. We were once told that Ascended items would be brought to all parts of this game, but Anet is dragging their heels on it. We can’t get the back pieces even from WvW rewards yet and it has been months since Ascended stuff first appeared.

Being able to craft an all stat back piece would have been a nice alternative because I really, really, hate the Fractals.

So far there doesn’t seem to be a recipe for an all stat back piece and I would like to know why not.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

At the moment Ascended Back Pieces only come from the Fractals. We were once told that Ascended items would be brought to all parts of this game, but Anet is dragging their heels on it. We can’t get the back pieces even from WvW rewards yet and it has been months since Ascended stuff first appeared.

Being able to craft an all stat back piece would have been a nice alternative because I really, really, hate the Fractals.

So far there doesn’t seem to be a recipe for an all stat back piece and I would like to know why not.

*edit
You could get an Ascended Back Piece w/o Fractals.

1. The Triforge upgrade (First Ascended Amulet)
2. Mystic Forge – The Quivers and Books that use mats you can buy (Second Option)
1. The Living Story Scelerite backpack (non fractal option)

So I would say it hasn’t been brought to all parts of the game (technically) since in PvP you still can’t get them. Everywhere else as long as you have access to the TP + Forge you can have them at a moments notice. (If you have the funds)

I agree I would also like an all stat back piece.

Why don’t we have it? Really good question.

(Edited the incorrect information out to help avoid confusing others- Sorry )

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

(edited by OIIIIIO.7825)

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Ummm first OIIIIIO the triforge AMULET is not a backpiece. Second the quivers and books need a vial of condensed mist essence which you need to get in fractals. Third the sclerite karla shell you had to have SETTLERS stats. So unless you are running apothecary or clerics than there is no backpiece that you can get without doing fractals.
:edit as articluna stated the backpiece is not clerics but settlers stats.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

(edited by Uther Deathhand.1570)

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: PHARAOH.3465

PHARAOH.3465

I too am looking forward to crafting a celestial backpiece…in fact when I get the purple back piece skin out of this update I am saving it just FOR a celestial stat backpiece as I have the book of secrets for my zerk set.

Prince Pharaoh – human mesmer
Lord Pharaoh – sylvari ranger
etc, etc – one 80 of each class

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: Articluna.4509

Articluna.4509

Except, Uther, that Scelerite is Settler (THOU,healingpow,con) which is closer to Apothecary (HEALINGPOW,thou,con) than Cleric (HEALINGPOW,thou,pow)

Then again, if you don’t hate fotm to the bones you could do <30min farming in ascalon fractal, solo, and let adds kill everything while you take care of tagging. This should give you that one vial that you need without too much sweat and grinding.

Celestial (ascended) stats for back item, yeah I’d like those.

OooOOoohh, box of shinies. So many shinies!
Outsource rng → profit.

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Ahh yes you are right sclerite is not clerics my bad. And yes if you really want a ascended backpiece it is not that hard to get one vial in Fractals.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Ahh yes you are right sclerite is not clerics my bad. And yes if you really want a ascended backpiece it is not that hard to get one vial in Fractals.

Which really doesn’t answer my original question.

Why is there no Celestial back piece recipe?

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

There are no craftable back pieces, mystic forge != crafting. This is the same reason you cannot salvage back pieces (yet, at least last I checked).

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You can get Ascended Back Pieces from things other than Fractals.

1. The Living Story Scelerite backpack (non fractal option)

Oh, you are able to get it now? As in present tense? I didn’t know that [/sarcasm]
So, in short, if you want to get an ascended backpiece now, fractals still are your only option.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I too have been wondering why Celestial is not available for the back slot. We can now have Celestial stats on every single slot, except the back piece. That’s not to say that all other stats combinations are covered by the back items, they’re not. But I sure hope ArenaNet can flesh out the back items stats selection soon-ish.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: Kari.7863

Kari.7863

I very rarely get in a dungeon party and play almost exclusively PvE since I find PvP and dungeons stressful – so – I need a soloable back piece and am really disappointed that there is no celestial option. I so look forward to using that beautiful windcatcher skin on a nice, exotic CRAFTED back item.

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

No crafting profession can create any back piece of any stat combination. There isn’t a recipe for a celestial back piece because there are no recipes for any thing else either. Maybe we’ll see them appear in the 400-500 crafting tiers.

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: who want blood.8765

who want blood.8765

maybe underwater breathers too? also i got my ascended back piece from forge, ‘there with yakkington’

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I was about to ask if ANY back-pieces can be crafted? This would be news to me.

Now the idea of being able to craft them in the 400-500 range (along with Breathers) would be welcome news.

So the answer to the question is that NO back recipes exist, so why would a Celestial one pop up now?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

So the answer to the question is that NO back recipes exist, so why would a Celestial one pop up now?

My question has nothing to do with not being able to craft a back piece up until now.

The question is, “why is there no recipe for a celestial back piece?”

Celestial Back Pieces

in Crafting

Posted by: UnknownRH.4592

UnknownRH.4592

My question has nothing to do with not being able to craft a back piece up until now.

The question is, “why is there no recipe for a celestial back piece?”

From your question cut the part “recipe for a”and then people will stop talking about crafting a back piece. Because when you say recipe for a back piece it makes it obvious you are talking about crafting one

Centurion in Balkan legion (SFRJ)
Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks