Celestial Gear - Worth Working Towards?

in Crafting

Posted by: Atomik.4590

Atomik.4590

My main character is an elementalist.

My main question: Is it worth working towards getting celestial gear? (I hear that it has great synergy with the elementalist in particular in comparison to other classes.)

As I understand it, it is time-gated since we are only able to create 1 charged quartz crystal per day, so it would take a long time to get enough to create a set of armor or weapons. Are there better alternatives to doing this, or is celestial exotic armor one of the best choices at the moment? What about weapons – celestial ascended weapons?

I also missed out on the Bazaar of the Four Winds, so I don’t have a node in my home instance…

Any advice or input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

(edited by Atomik.4590)

in Crafting

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

It wouldn’t hurt to have a set regardless. I am working on my Celestial set for my Mesmer. It would work great in areas where you need more survival and a Berserker or Assassin set just wont cut it. Balanced stats are usually always a good thing.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Crafting

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I think it was better before the Magic Find change. Before, it was the best MF gear you could have, since you didn’t have to sacrifice so many stats to get it.

Now though, it’s just a good all around gear set. It’s probably awesome for open world PvE if you’re someone who likes to change your builds a lot. This way you’ll still have a bit of everything whether you’re going for power or condition, and still being fairly hearty.

I think 6/6 of the new Runes of the Traveller (though now expensive) would be best slotted into a full set of Celestial gear for open world PvE.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Crafting

Posted by: lightdruid.7689

lightdruid.7689

I use the Celestial set on my ele for all around pve. I’ve run it in form 48 with no problem so far.
For weapons I have 3 zerker daggers with force, bloodlust, and battle on them. I also use 2 stakitten (magi/pvt) with a renewal and battle sigil on both.
For armor I went celestial one set and zerker with the other. The zerker has scholar runes and the celestial has exuberance runes. Does decent all around and switching roles on the fly is hilarious fun

in Crafting

Posted by: Atomik.4590

Atomik.4590

Thanks for the responses!

lightdruid – I’m not sure I quite understand what you mean by stakitten (magi/pvt). The terms aren’t so familiar with me. xD

in Crafting

Posted by: lightdruid.7689

lightdruid.7689

oops. this is why i can’t do this when i’m sleepy. it’s staff* not stakitten lol

in Crafting

Posted by: Hamartia.3421

Hamartia.3421

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/83561-hamartias-sd-elementalist-build-dps-might-stacking/

Explains the relative weight of gear.

In general, Celestial is pretty okay. I’m not bothering because Ascended Armor is coming out this year.

in Crafting

Posted by: Avatara.1042

For an elementalist, I would say it is not worth it. I just banked mine after they killed the MF on it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

For an elementalist, I would say it is not worth it. I just banked mine after they killed the MF on it.

Yes because the only reason you ran Celestial was for the MF.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

where can you get the celestial recipes (other than the TP) now that zephyr’s sanctum is gone?

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in Crafting

where can you get the celestial recipes (other than the TP) now that zephyr’s sanctum is gone?

Only the TP, unless you have some boxes saved from the Bazaar of the Four Winds.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yes because the only reason you ran Celestial was for the MF.

Most likely he did. Beyond MF celestials were decent, but never better – or even equal (*) to other armor combinations.

(*) – individual celestial pieces to flesh out a different build might be valuable for finetuning your build, but the primarily celestial armor wasn’t.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

So everyone turns a blind eye towards the massive increase of critical damage on celestial gear i guess….

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

So everyone turns a blind eye towards the massive increase of critical damage on celestial gear i guess….

Yes, because all that critical damage is useless with the critical chance that this set provides.

Actions, not words.

in Crafting

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Yes, because all that critical damage is useless with the critical chance that this set provides.

Which you can bypass by simply having a spec/class that either can force crits (ele/thief/ranger) or have vit/tough to precision conversion and/or precision boosts. (warrior/guardian/mesmer/ranger)

orrrr just slot everything with sigil of intelligence. (especially good with ele or kit engineer)

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Crafting

Which you can bypass by simply having a spec/class that either can force crits (ele/thief/ranger) or have vit/tough to precision conversion and/or precision boosts. (warrior/guardian/mesmer/ranger)

orrrr just slot everything with sigil of intelligence. (especially good with ele or kit engineer)

That is horrible advice…

Unless you are a guardian or a power necro, do not bother with Celestial.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You and I, we use the word ‘useless’ differently, I guess.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

You and I, we use the word ‘useless’ differently, I guess.

All that crit damage gives you next to nothing if your crit chance is low (which it is in a celestial set). Unless you can somehow circumvent the low crit chance, of course. Now, fun fact – every build that can do that benefits far more from high power gear than from low power high crit chance one.
Thus – useless.

Actions, not words.

in Crafting

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

useless, thought that was ele trademark, seems perfect for them, im still getting mine. it seems perfect for ele

in Crafting

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

You can get good Cirt% and high Crit DMG fine with full Celestial,people really should test stuff before they talk like they know about something.

Made this in 2 mins just to see,if it could be done.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=;00;3kHFJ0847IVJ0;9;4T9;0T;9;24NG06;1V19cV19c10FemdP9g9eqet5uau5vav5wa-uVIF310;4cW59F-09;9;9;9;9;7V8k3f

in Crafting

Celestial is bad for ele if there is no MF to compensate. Toughness is bad, condition damage is bad, and healing power scales like kitten .