Charged Lodestone

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

The imbalance between the Lodestone types is ridiculous. Currently these go for roughly 4g and that’s because they are a royal PITA to farm.

I desperately want to make Mjolnir, but it requires a total for 350 Charged Lodestones – that’s 1400g for the Lodestones alone! All because they are so much harder to get than other Lodestones.

How is that fair? You see tons of people with Volcanus running around, but there isn’t even a single Mjolnir up for sale on the TP.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

You can always buy gems from the gem store and convert them into gold. Use that to buy your lodestones.

^Pretty sure this is what they want to say.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Gillyweeds.7940

Gillyweeds.7940

I don’t understand this sense of entitlement that people have nowadays. It doesn’t matter that Mjolnir costs more than Volcanus. If you want it, put the time and effort in that’s needed to farm it; don’t expect to have it handed to you. The same thing goes for legendaries. If you want a legendary that’s apparently harder to farm, then farm harder. Don’t complain about it on the forums because it doesn’t seem fair to you.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Oglaf.1074

You seem to miss my point entirely.

Swing and a miss, Gilly.

If I could farm Charged Lodestones like I could any other, I would. However, you can’t. That’s why the price is out of wack.

Do you even lift, bro?

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

I really hate the lodestones in this game, I’ll be honest. They are the single biggest holdback to everything. It wouldn’t be bad if you simply had to “put in the time” to farm some. But, their drop rates are absolutely horrible, and the methods/places to farm them are so incredibly limited.

I mean, you can farm these things for hours and not see a single one unless you just happen to get lucky. They really aren’t farmable, tbh. The only way you will ever get them all is to buy some(or to spend 3 years trying to get them yourself).

Either increase droprates quite a bit, or give them more/better farming spots. I think we all know how little time there is to farm charged, for instance, with the temple contesting thing, now that Orr is abandoned.

As it stands, the only people who benefit from the current system is the bots. I see bots farming the elementals and the colossus, etc. every week… And, we all know how quickly bots get banned. Same bots in the same spot farming the same path for 2-3 straight weeks after being reported.

(edited by Glektor.2934)

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: erigais.6805

erigais.6805

well i decided to farm mine instead of buying them. WITH help from guildmates im up around 8 cores and 1 lodestone after more than a month. these definately need to be made more available.

for people saying purchase gems to buy charged lodestones(second poster i believe), right now 20 dollars gets you 32 gold. some of the items will take you over 1000 gold in cores/lodestones to make. thats about 312 dollars for a non legendary item that just takes alot of cores. thats 2-3 years of a subscription on another game. think about it.

I don’t understand this sense of entitlement that people have nowadays. It doesn’t matter that Mjolnir costs more than Volcanus. If you want it, put the time and effort in that’s needed to farm it; don’t expect to have it handed to you. The same thing goes for legendaries. If you want a legendary that’s apparently harder to farm, then farm harder. Don’t complain about it on the forums because it doesn’t seem fair to you.

people like you fail to see the near impossibilty of getting items that require charged lodestones legitimately. the two people i knew that had items of similar value cheated and got banned. it promotes unhealthy game play and an unhealthy economy. the price will only go up as gold buyers will be the only ones to afford it and buy up the very small supply with ill-gotten money. no one is asking us to hand it to us, we are just asking anet to let us farm for the kitten item.

[Sekz] Officer erigais AKA Weeaboo Hunter

(edited by erigais.6805)

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Oglaf.1074

for people saying purchase gems to buy charged lodestones(second poster i believe), right now 20 dollars gets you 32 gold. some of the items will take you over 1000 gold in cores/lodestones to make. thats about 312 dollars for a non legendary item that just takes alot of cores. thats 2-3 years of a subscription on another game. think about it..

I’m 110% sure he was being sarcastic, mate.

:P

Do you even lift, bro?

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

You guys are doing something wrong then, past week 10+ lodestones and 25+ cores…

Dungeons and fractals, nuff said

Reaper – Anguîsh

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Kalagon.3120

Kalagon.3120

Swing and a miss, Gilly.

If I could farm Charged Lodestones like I could any other, I would. However, you can’t. That’s why the price is out of wack.

Correction you CANNOT reasonably farm the other lodestones. I know people will talk about earth elementals for Onyx and stuff like that but ALL Lodestones do NOT have a set Drop% You could farm Earth elementals for Onyx for 1 hour and get 1, the next day you could farm for 10 hours and get 0, Because the drop rate is not SET. if it was say 1% you would see 1 every 100 kills. this is NOT the case, Lodestones are on a drop rate that that is way more complex. Imagine a dice roll from 1-5000. anytime 3567 is rolled an onyx lodestone will drop. THATS HOW STUPID this system is. It is nothing like any other MMO.

We are used to WoW and EQ where they say you need this list of items and it takes awhile to get them. Well Anet does RNG so it could quite possibly take you FOREVER to farm what you want. They expect you to have to buy some of the mats from others who have been lucky. or buy GEMS to sell for gold to get part of your items. This is now becoming known to the players and I think we can expect a massive downfall in this game like we say in SWTOR because of bad design and a refusal to change and apply fixes in time.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Sir Aruspice.2763

Sir Aruspice.2763

…This is now becoming known to the players and I think we can expect a massive downfall in this game like we say in SWTOR because of bad design and a refusal to change and apply fixes in time.

Seriously, where is the team who have made the beautifull game call GuildWars 1 ???
I can’t find anything that made ??the notoriety of this game.. a good PvP , a great Pve.
8 years playing Gw1 and never got bored…3 months of GW2 and i play only 1 hour and i bored

- 1500 play time
- 5 lvl 80
- all dungeons done, again and again

I have tried to hold on but now I can’t….

- An old fan of GW1 -

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

Just checked the TP. There are only 297 charged lodestones even available at the moment. That means that even if someone was a multi billionaire, there is no amount of gem buying or anything else that could possibly get someone the 350 needed for mjolnir. That suggests to me that the drop rate really, really needs to be fixed. Badly.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Gillyweeds.7940

people like you fail to see the near impossibilty of getting items that require charged lodestones legitimately. the two people i knew that had items of similar value cheated and got banned. it promotes unhealthy game play and an unhealthy economy. the price will only go up as gold buyers will be the only ones to afford it and buy up the very small supply with ill-gotten money. no one is asking us to hand it to us, we are just asking anet to let us farm for the kitten item.

This is the equivalent of saying: guns kill people. Guns don’t kill people; people kill people. Cheaters are not going to stop cheating simply because there’s an easier farming method than before.

(edited by Moderator)

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

They aren’t all that much harder to get, I suspect the supply of charged and onyx lodestones is actually higher than many other types. The issue is that the majority of high end weapon skins require a heap of charged lodestones, and twilight, AKA the most popular legendary, takes a truckload of onyx lodestones – while lodestones like crystal and glacial are essentially unused with prices being driven by speculation as much as anything.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

When a bot is identified, before you delete their account, put all their loot on TP @ vendor prices! hehhehhehhehhehheh

Can it be possible for a guild to have a material goon? Reach a certain level and your guild receives an allowance from the material goon. The materials go into the guild bank. When they are removed from the guild bank the materials are account bound. This will prevent putting these materials from the Guild Materials Goon on the TP, but guilds might want to be more careful about who they give guild bank access to.
The guild Material Goon could be given commands to occupy a certain map. To target a certain tier of materials, until he/she is reassigned to another map. Actually placing an NPC in game to do this would be absurd. It’d presumably be a task without graphics or no guild NPC seen in game doing the farming. Certain Guild activities, might increase the material found rate, or lower it. More guild players logged in = higher rate; or in WvWvW; or guild influence points per day, more points=more materials. (thinking outside the box)

I just hate running around for materials. If I did not seek out materials, I might actually help in Dynamic Events.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: erigais.6805

erigais.6805

This is the equivalent of saying: guns kill people. Guns don’t kill people; people kill people. Cheaters are not going to stop cheating simply because there’s an easier farming method than before.

You sound like a typical repub with money who could care less bout those with less money. Go figure

Ignorance is bliss. Go figure. I have an average job and choose not to spend my money on GW2. Either way, the amount of money I have has no relevancy to my response. I’m not entirely sure why you’re trying to connect the two but I can assure you, there is no relationship. It sounds like you’re attempting to frame me as an elitist but unfortunately for you, I’m not.

think you missed the point of my reply, is that the supply is small, and guess who will be able to afford them? wont be regular players and the price is getting higher. your trying to hard to play devil advocate its sad. i dont need to sit here and convince anyone how hard it is to get lodestones or how expensive they are. plenty of players already know. and to the player that gets “10 lodestone a week” and even more cores. you can cut the “lol my magic luck im so pro” stuff out. do you really think we arent out here in fracs and coe? we know exactly what the farm rate is like.

[Sekz] Officer erigais AKA Weeaboo Hunter

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Gillyweeds.7940

think you missed the point of my reply, is that the supply is small, and guess who will be able to afford them? wont be regular players and the price is getting higher. your trying to hard to play devil advocate its sad. i dont need to sit here and convince anyone how hard it is to get lodestones or how expensive they are. plenty of players already know.

Again, you’re trying to make me into something I’m not. I’m not playing devil’s advocate; I’m advocating that lodestones remain hard to farm. Certain items should take a long time to farm and not just be handed to people who want to farm it in a week. If someone wants to pay a ridiculous amount of real money to obtain it, then so be it; Anet needs to make money somewhere. But as far as farming mats for legendaries and select items such as Volcanus and Mjolnir go, I’m happy with it because it’s not something everyone should have within a month of playing, including me.

IMHO, it makes the items that much rarer and cooler when you see people with them.

(edited by Gillyweeds.7940)

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The lodestones are a rare drop, but getting 1 to 5 per hour is possible. Someone leaked the secret spot where farmers get their supply from. Perhaps if you search the forums, you’ll find it.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Cotillion.7435

Cotillion.7435

The lodestones are a rare drop, but getting 1 to 5 per hour is possible. Someone leaked the secret spot where farmers get their supply from. Perhaps if you search the forums, you’ll find it.

Yeah, nah.

I’ve averaged about 1 lodestone every 2 days farming CoE and malchor’s when the Altar of Tempests is taken.

The drop rate is a problem, lodestones are a stupid gateway mechanic. There’s no prestige in someone buying gold (either through anet or a 3rd party) to get an item.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Legendaries by design are a huge fail.They’re supposed to be the apex of awesomeness and require skill and mastery to acquire them.

Atm, to get a legendary, you must play the “who’s the best-est ever farmer/gold buyer”.
Huge letdown.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

They fail because the level of effort has steadily grown, while the ones made under comparitively trivially difficult circumstances are still being waved around as if they were as hard to make as they are now.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

Swing and a miss, Gilly.

Correction you CANNOT reasonably farm the other lodestones. I know people will talk about earth elementals for Onyx and stuff like that but ALL Lodestones do NOT have a set Drop% You could farm Earth elementals for Onyx for 1 hour and get 1, the next day you could farm for 10 hours and get 0, Because the drop rate is not SET. if it was say 1% you would see 1 every 100 kills. this is NOT the case, Lodestones are on a drop rate that that is way more complex. Imagine a dice roll from 1-5000. anytime 3567 is rolled an onyx lodestone will drop. THATS HOW STUPID this system is. It is nothing like any other MMO.

We are used to WoW and EQ where they say you need this list of items and it takes awhile to get them. Well Anet does RNG so it could quite possibly take you FOREVER to farm what you want. They expect you to have to buy some of the mats from others who have been lucky. or buy GEMS to sell for gold to get part of your items. This is now becoming known to the players and I think we can expect a massive downfall in this game like we say in SWTOR because of bad design and a refusal to change and apply fixes in time.

that post gave me cancer.

jokes aside. all MMO’s uses RNG, ALL. its been essential in games for as long as games existed. Hell, even Tetris the first game ever made was based on a RNG. I don’t know how u learned math but where i live 1% means that a certain event happens 1 out of 100 times on average and not that after 99 tries it happens. what you described with the dice was a 1/5000 chance (0.02%) and just the chance is smaller doesn’t mean its more complex system.

I did not make this post to humiliate you. but you need to check your facts when posting things. i might have misunderstood your post and if that is the case please disregard my response.

and ontopic. i think there is a problem that need to be issued and i think Anet is aware of the situation and i think they are working on it. we might see something in januari but if it isn’t in that patch we might have to wait a while for the “fix”.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

Lol what? If you don’t like the price of them then go farm them instead of playing with the give me give me give me mentality. This is completely pointless and stupid to complain about the cost of a RARE MATERIAL. You don’t have to buy EVERYTHING you need. Go FARM! They drop plenty.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Lol what? If you don’t like the price of them then go farm them instead of playing with the give me give me give me mentality. This is completely pointless and stupid to complain about the cost of a RARE MATERIAL. You don’t have to buy EVERYTHING you need. Go FARM! They drop plenty.

Dont make me laugh, I got 1100h+ time played, did over 300 fractals, plenty of CoE runs, but only 2 charged lodestones and less than 20 cores.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

he dosen’t have a “give me give me give me” mentality. but i get your point. yes it is a rare material and it should be. but there is a problem with the supply. there is waay to little supply and it is very hard to farm it. correct me if i’m wrong but lodestones can only be dropped from captured altars in orr and from the fractals and the droprates are fairly small in the fractals because it have the rest of the lodestones to “share” drops with.

in my world, if 2 things have equal chance of droping in the same area. then it is intended that they should be worth around the same price if they have the same uses. witch they do(cosmetics). sure they have different skins but different people likes different things.

:edit:

well i was wrong about the farming spots but the argument is the same its harder to farm them, compared with the rest of the lodestones.

(edited by Waraxx.4286)

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Oglaf.1074

Just compare them to other Lodestones: there is no logical reason for Charged to be that much harder to get.

They’re not rarer than the rest in quality.

Do you even lift, bro?

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Ivanov.8914

The problem has 2 sides.

1st side – farm.
This side is well known.Certain lodestones are too hard to farm, and funnily, they are too high in demand.This means that there is a lack of steady supply for reasons I will further explain.

2nd side – other reasons.
These reasons can be 2 – either there are people with insane dough that decide to make Mjolnir every 2 seconds and eat the supply of lodestones like charged, or there are people with hugely insane dough that manipulate the market for that good.
I know that market manipulation is common and is supposed to happen for a way for some people to make gold, but it’s almost as if Anet is helping such people.

Now, let’s take a look at games such as World of Warcraft – the market there is completely player driven and the company that runs the game could care less about things as drops etc.BUT, in this game here, there are quite a few times that changes were made, changes that reform the market from head to toe – the company actively influences the market.The reduction of the best farm spot for rares in Orr? -> ectos rise in price quite a bit (just an example).

For 2 months, every time I checked the lodestone supply, it went to about 700-800.At all times.No matter how much were bought or sold, there were people monopolizing a market for a good that has a ridiculously low drop chance and rare farm spot, and that allows people to bump it’s price through the roof.

My point was, as I said before – it’s as if Arena are helping people monopolize a market with their hundreds of “fairly” obtained golds.Oh, and I won’t go to discuss what a gold mine this is for gold sellers – constantly buy goods and then sell them for a lot of profit with 100% chance of success, as long as you have the gold?Oh yes please!

Edit:

Will add a few things coz I don’t like double posting.

Make lodestones be bought with dungeon tokens – 120 for a lodestone.
And in cases where the dungeon is too easy(AC and others), then make it 120 for a core, or maybe 90, whatever you decide.
The only setback to this, as I can see it, is the announcement of the dungeon revamping, and re-balance.It is possible for them to decide to implement this idea(hopefully) but after they redo balance, maybe in hopes for all dungeons to be equally hard.Don’t know.
I’ve said it in other posts – the biggest flaw of Anet is not effing up, it’s their lack of proper communication with the playerbase.

(edited by Ivanov.8914)

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Crushnaut.8307

Crushnaut.8307

Really, the lodestones should be obtainable from any aspect of the game, just like ascended gear should be. Anet already stated that it was a mistake to force people to play one aspect of the game in order to get the ascended gear. Well the same logic should apply to lodestones. I hope to see Lodestones obtainable in more places in PvE and buyable with Badges of Honor, or as a more frequent drop in WvW. It would also be nice to be guaranteed at least a core per CoE run by being able to spend tokens.

Another thing that would help charge core and lodestone prices would be a revamp of the CoE dungeon. I don’t mind the difficultly, what I can not stand is playing the same encounter 3 times a dungeon no matter what path you run. Getting 100 lodestones is grindy enough, but having that same kitten encounter 3 times literally triples the grind.

Egg Baron ~ A daily Guild Wars 2 blog.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

Really, the lodestones should be obtainable from any aspect of the game, just like ascended gear should be. Anet already stated that it was a mistake to force people to play one aspect of the game in order to get the ascended gear. Well the same logic should apply to lodestones. I hope to see Lodestones obtainable in more places in PvE and buyable with Badges of Honor, or as a more frequent drop in WvW. It would also be nice to be guaranteed at least a core per CoE run by being able to spend tokens.

Another thing that would help charge core and lodestone prices would be a revamp of the CoE dungeon. I don’t mind the difficultly, what I can not stand is playing the same encounter 3 times a dungeon no matter what path you run. Getting 100 lodestones is grindy enough, but having that same kitten encounter 3 times literally triples the grind.

Have you played any other mmorpgs at all? I am not talking about wow. You had to farm for months one spot to drop some material, to drop some recipe, etc.
Lodestones are just one of the most rarest material out there in gw 2 (some of the more demanded, some of them less) you dont see dropping diamonds in real life from everything, do you?

There needs to be some rare mate that is really expensive and rare so value of the item you craft from it worht it and I dont see the logic dropping them frome everywhere, it would destroy the purpose. They are dropping from certain mobs just to maintan the rarity of the item, you take this off and you can just give Legendary for free next time.

I hate how every new released mmorpg is sadly so simple and every second player demand everything to be easyer and easyer nowdays.

I know charged lodestones are the most expensive ones and they are harder to farm but its not impossible and atleast the weapons you craft with them are the most prestigue, unique ones just because of the fact they required the most expensive materials. Ofcourse they could just increase their drop rate but then you would see 10x more players with sunrise, zap, etc. and the weapons would loose their prestigue.

Less players have this weapon = more prestigue this weapon is

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Ivanov.8914

Have you played any other mmorpgs at all? I am not talking about wow. You had to farm for months one spot to drop some material, to drop some recipe, etc.
Lodestones are just one of the most rarest material out there in gw 2 (some of the more demanded, some of them less) you dont see dropping diamonds in real life from everything, do you?

There needs to be some rare mate that is really expensive and rare so value of the item you craft from it worht it and I dont see the logic dropping them frome everywhere, it would destroy the purpose. They are dropping from certain mobs just to maintan the rarity of the item, you take this off and you can just give Legendary for free next time.

I hate how every new released mmorpg is sadly so simple and every second player demand everything to be easyer and easyer nowdays.

Then stop going to these forums, and stop posting altogether.
There is no value in your posts.There is no reasoning, no explaining.You only think you get the role of self righteous knight of elitism and hardcore-ness just for the heck of it.

The thing with previous MMOs was that the hard to obtain things you chased after had static value, or semi-static.Here with just the lodestones like the charged ones, the supply did not decrease, yet the price still goes up.There were only 2-3 times since the game went live, that the price actually lowered, and that was for a day tops.

In a nutshell – your “argument”(words thrown for the heck of it) is hollow and baseless.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Crushnaut.8307

I know charged lodestones are the most expensive ones and they are harder to farm but its not impossible and atleast the weapons you craft with them are the most prestigue, unique ones just because of the fact they required the most expensive materials. Ofcourse they could just increase their drop rate but then you would see 10x more players with sunrise, zap, etc. and the weapons would loose their prestigue.

Less players have this weapon = more prestigue this weapon is

Did you even read my post? Have you read the posts from Anet regarding their philosophy in this game?

The whole point is that this is NOT other MMOs to start, so I am not going to talk about my experience on other games because that has NO impact on this game. Especially when the Anet crew have always said they are not making another MMO they are making GW2, a game different than the rest.

Next, the main topic of MY post was that the cores should be available from any part of the game, just like Anet have said Ascended gear should be available in any part of the game. And it makes sense. Why should I be forced to stop playing something I enjoy, WvW, and start playing something I do not enjoy FoTM, and CoE. That is my main point. Secondary to that, it would be nice to see more variety of locations to farm lodestones in PvE, I said nothing of the drop rates. Next, giving one core per run, isn’t really anything special. You can already use your tokens from 1 run to get 2 “rare” armor pieces, so why not a “rare” crafting mat.

My second point was to make the CoE dungeon MORE FUN. That is it. MORE FUN. If the dungeon was at all fun I would have no problem running it, but it has the same mind numbing encounter 3 times in a row. Running that dungeon once is a grind. Running it 200 times … never going to happen.

The whole point of GW2 is that the grind is supposed to be a minimum. Grind defined by Anet is repeating the same boring thing over and over again. I do not mind a time sink, but a game is supposed to be fun. That is Anet’s philosophy. It has always been their philosophy. So, why not make getting Lodestones FUN?

Or is a legendary literally a stick that you can show everyone to say, look how little fun I have had playing this game?

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

200 runs wont even be enough, I did a couple of full runs of CoE, and if my rate of lodestones and cores continue I will need a total of 900-1000 runs for my 100 lodestones

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Anet already stated that it was a mistake to force people to play one aspect of the game in order to get the ascended gear.

Link?

- – - – -

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Crushnaut.8307

Anet already stated that it was a mistake to force people to play one aspect of the game in order to get the ascended gear.

Link?

- – - – -

its in the Reddit AMA with Chris Whiteside, heres a link, he says it multiple times

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/13tuac/im_the_studio_design_director_on_guild_wars_2_ama/?sort=new

and heres a link to dulfy’s summary of that AMA

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/26/gw2-chris-whiteside-ama-on-reddit/

Here is a quote from Chris Whiteside,

Our intention is to deploy ascended components and gear across the whole of the game rather than focus it in one particular location. This was a a mistake and one that we will not be making moving forward. We do hope to find a balance and ensure that the world of Guild Wars 2 is as accessible and populated as possible and moving forward you will be able to see how we intend to execute on this goal.

(edited by Crushnaut.8307)

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Good reading. Thanks.

Looking forward to when any of those intentions become actual patch notes .

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Crushnaut.8307

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Crushnaut.8307

But January and February are actually are biggest updates to date. They’re even bigger than all the stuff we did in October, November and December. And I think that when people see how much stuff they’re gonna get for no monthly fee in January and February, they’re probably going to be blown away. These two months combined are basically an expansion’s worth of content for free.

nothing specific, but with an expansions worth of content i would sure hope to see Ascended gear seeded through out the world (especially since Chris Whiteside said it was a problem) and to get back on topic hopefully Lodestones and Cores too

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Kalagon.3120

Kalagon.3120

Swing and a miss, Gilly.

that post gave me cancer.

jokes aside. all MMO’s uses RNG, ALL. its been essential in games for as long as games existed. Hell, even Tetris the first game ever made was based on a RNG. I don’t know how u learned math but where i live 1% means that a certain event happens 1 out of 100 times on average and not that after 99 tries it happens. what you described with the dice was a 1/5000 chance (0.02%) and just the chance is smaller doesn’t mean its more complex system.

I did not make this post to humiliate you. but you need to check your facts when posting things. i might have misunderstood your post and if that is the case please disregard my response.

and ontopic. i think there is a problem that need to be issued and i think Anet is aware of the situation and i think they are working on it. we might see something in januari but if it isn’t in that patch we might have to wait a while for the “fix”.

Actually it is more complex then what other MMO’s use. It could be as complex as saying on Mondays from Midnight to 4 am all lodestones drop 25% more often. The truth is we dont know and A-net wont tell us. All Im saying and we have enough evidence to back it up is that lodestones are not on a traditional loot table, if the were we would not have spikes of 1 drop per 2 hours and know drops after 12 hours of farming.

And if your talking about checking facts, dont post defendin A-nets refussal to respond to this thread by saying they are aware and fix is coming when you clearly have no idea.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

You could farm Earth elementals for Onyx for 1 hour and get 1, the next day you could farm for 10 hours and get 0, Because the drop rate is not SET. if it was say 1% you would see 1 every 100 kills. this is NOT the case, Lodestones are on a drop rate that that is way more complex. Imagine a dice roll from 1-5000. anytime 3567 is rolled an onyx lodestone will drop. THATS HOW STUPID this system is. It is nothing like any other MMO.

I quite like this drop system, but it does cause huge issues.

The drop system doesn’t seem to be integrating with the market/storage systems. I think it makes more sense for the drop-rates to be increased (automatically) when there are so few of them in circulation.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

The drop system doesn’t seem to be integrating with the market/storage systems. I think it makes more sense for the drop-rates to be increased (automatically) when there are so few of them in circulation.

…market, storage, loot…in circulation… there are a limited amount in the game at any one point in time then? and all must be spent (no longer in collectible bank, inventory, guild vault, or in the pockets of Tyrian NPC mobs) for more to become available in game as loot for anyone??
i thought I had too much krazykoolaid lately. /toast. what flavor koolaid is yours? Mine’s grape!

I want to sent out a drone to farm materials for the guild. I like that idea. Although it could be explained as, the guild agent is sent to the market and buys (without actually spending any in-game currency) materials. AKA: farming process without being seen in PvE. More players online, the greater the chance for rare materials (that’d be account bound when taken from Guild Vault; must have maximum capacity guild Vault to be eligible; etc. etc.)

late add: Along the lines of a maximum quantity per time period of loot. Scary to consider. 15 of an item (exotic, rare, mat6, etc), a month, and then cut off. no more. Wouldn’t that be welcomed information up front??

(edited by Zapan.7460)

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Ivanov.8914

…market, storage, loot…in circulation… there are a limited amount in the game at any one point in time then? and all must be spent (no longer in collectible bank, inventory, guild vault, or in the pockets of Tyrian NPC mobs) for more to become available in game as loot for anyone??
i thought I had too much krazykoolaid lately. /toast. what flavor koolaid is yours? Mine’s grape!

I want to sent out a drone to farm materials for the guild. I like that idea. Although it could be explained as, the guild agent is sent to the market and buys (without actually spending any in-game currency) materials. AKA: farming process without being seen in PvE. More players online, the greater the chance for rare materials (that’d be account bound when taken from Guild Vault; must have maximum capacity guild Vault to be eligible; etc. etc.)

late add: Along the lines of a maximum quantity per time period of loot. Scary to consider. 15 of an item (exotic, rare, mat6, etc), a month, and then cut off. no more. Wouldn’t that be welcomed information up front??

Maybe it’s just me, but what the hell do you mean with your post?Somehow your point eludes me greatly…

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I know people will talk about earth elementals for Onyx and stuff like that but ALL Lodestones do NOT have a set Drop% You could farm Earth elementals for Onyx for 1 hour and get 1, the next day you could farm for 10 hours and get 0, Because the drop rate is not SET.

No, that’s exactly how probabilities work.

if it was say 1% you would see 1 every 100 kills. this is NOT the case, Lodestones are on a drop rate that that is way more complex. Imagine a dice roll from 1-5000. anytime 3567 is rolled an onyx lodestone will drop.

No, a 1% drop rate means that for sufficiently many kills you’d see 1 drop in every 100 kills on average.

The problem is 1) Charged Lodes are in incredibly high demand thanks to anet putting a gorillion recipes required absurdly high amounts of them; 2) Horrible horrible drop rates; 3) DR on motherkittening EVERYTHING, god forbid we actually get loot; 4) kitten CoE with it’s horribly low drop rate.

Please refrain from commenting on things you know nothing about.

(edited by Iehova.9518)

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Oglaf.1074

I know people will talk about earth elementals for Onyx and stuff like that but ALL Lodestones do NOT have a set Drop% You could farm Earth elementals for Onyx for 1 hour and get 1, the next day you could farm for 10 hours and get 0, Because the drop rate is not SET.

No, that’s exactly how probabilities work.

if it was say 1% you would see 1 every 100 kills. this is NOT the case, Lodestones are on a drop rate that that is way more complex. Imagine a dice roll from 1-5000. anytime 3567 is rolled an onyx lodestone will drop.

No, a 1% drop rate means that for sufficiently many kills you’d see 1 drop in every 100 kills on average.

The problem is 1) Charged Lodes are in incredibly high demand thanks to anet putting a gorillion recipes required absurdly high amounts of them; 2) Horrible horrible drop rates; 3) DR on motherkittening EVERYTHING, god forbid we actually get loot; 4) kitten CoE with it’s horribly low drop rate.

Please refrain from commenting on things you know nothing about.

Don’t forget how annoying it is just to get a shot at farming the Lightning Elementals in Orr.

Do you even lift, bro?

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Don’t forget how annoying it is just to get a shot at farming the Lightning Elementals in Orr.

That too; and when you finally control Dwayna, there’s about several thousand people there playing Tag Wars 2.

Charged Lodestone

in Crafting

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

…This is now becoming known to the players and I think we can expect a massive downfall in this game like we say in SWTOR because of bad design and a refusal to change and apply fixes in time.

Seriously, where is the team who have made the beautifull game call GuildWars 1 ???
I can’t find anything that made ??the notoriety of this game.. a good PvP , a great Pve.
8 years playing Gw1 and never got bored…3 months of GW2 and i play only 1 hour and i bored

- 1500 play time
- 5 lvl 80
- all dungeons done, again and again

I have tried to hold on but now I can’t….

- An old fan of GW1 -

1 hour a day and you get bored huh.

“I have tried to hold on but now I can’t….” – those 1500 hours held you up pretty well.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU